Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #51 (permalink)

My two sons (Jeremy - age 8, Brad - age 6) love everything about hockey cards. They can't wait to open packs to see what they get, then they have as much - if not more - fun looking at the cards and finding neat ways to sort them. Just the other day they decided to take their cards (probably a couple of thousand at this point) and figure out who was the heaviest player on each team. Before that it was the oldest, then the youngest. And they also watch enough hockey to have a pile for players that are not in the NHL, whether because they're still too young or have retired.

The expression "they can sit for hours . . . . " is pretty overused, but in this case it's really true in that sometimes they come home from school and go to their cards and then the next thing they know it's dinner time.

Dollar for dollar their cards give them more fun than pretty much anything else, especially since they don't care at all about jersey or autograph cards or what condition the cards are in - just like back when I was a kid, although in this case I'm pretty confident that what they're playing with won't turn out to be as valuable as the 70s cards that I wrecked.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

James, 14 months, likes Yo Gabba Gabba cards

My wife and I are currently going through the legal process of guardianship with the intention of adopting. CA doesn't make it easy, but we're doing all that we can to make sure he doesn't get "returned" to the toxic environment he was exposed to.

We lost our son January 17th of 2011. My wife was 30-weeks along, and his heart stopped. It's not to say James replaces Jax, but through all of this, we've gained a MUCH greater appreciation for what we have, and what we don't.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #53 (permalink)

This is Melody about 2 years ago (she is 5 1/2 now). She won the argument over who should read Daddy's Beckett. One of the few time an argument with her sister didn't result in something flying around the back of the car.

This is Kara probably 3 years (she is 7 now). I'm not sure what exactly she was ripping that day. Back then she liked playing with the wrappers, now I have a willing accomplice on hockey wax.

And this is when I broke them in real young.

That's Melody at 18 months into some of Daddy's junk mail with her sister in the background.

I have tried to do an Upper Deck hockey set for them each year but the last two have been tighter so I'll have to go back and get them.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 05-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #54 (permalink)

I got my son Jarren he is 3 he likes to look at Daddy's shiny Hut hut Cards. Hopefully he will enjoy them later on in life like i do now.
My daughter Jordyn was just born on the 14th of April so she is about 2 weeks old now but i am sure she will enjoy daddy's collection too.

thanks for the contest.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #55 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Norah - 21 months - Never would have thought that I would ever turn the channel of a Laker game with under 2 minutes to go and switch it over to Yo Gabbba Gabba, but anything for my girl. Bought her a pack of Yo Gabba Gabba cards, she would keep looking at them daily for about a week, then eventually they got ripped up/eaten. lol

????? - Next child making an arrival with a due date around Christmas! Very excited
Old 05-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #56 (permalink)

My son Mason is 9 we enjoy going to Tigers games, and opening cards together. He has a decent collection of base with a few autos. He's still learning about keeping them in good condition. He just started his first year of baseball, and seems to be picking up the hitting aspect very well. He spent his early years in soccer, and basketball, he also loves skateboarding and playing video games. Just wish I could get him to love school. I just got back into collecting after unloading my previous collection a few years back when money was tight.
Photobucket

Last edited by nvious23; 05-03-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #57 (permalink)

This is my "big girl" Jordan. She is 5 going on 15. Her main enjoyment from cards are as follows:

1) The Ginter Flower Cards....she was very excited about that the fact that she could plant cards and they would turn in to flowers. She wanted to plant some of my A&G minis, but I told her they wouldnt work to her disapointment.

2) Topps Update Sparkle Cards........ 5 Year old girl + sparkly things = Happy 5 year old girl

3) Decoy cards ...... We fight over these because I like to use them for ebay, whereas she likes to draw pictures on them. Needless to say, if you ever buy cards from me and have a decoy artwork card, it is a Jordan 1/1
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #58 (permalink)

sweet deal! my son cam is 7 and my daughter is 6months. my son loves to bust boxes with me. thanks bo for the promo.

if i say make an offer make one i am always open to offers. whats the most i can say???? no lol
Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #59 (permalink)

My daughter Presley is 3 and just getting into cards. I actually tell he my whole collection will be hers one day when she can handle it. She loves to stack them and sort threw them lol. She's gonna be a great collector soon.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #60 (permalink)

My son, Jake, is 8 years old. He loves baseball cards and so as a reward for good grades I buy him a pack of cards for each good grade he receives. We started this tradition back in the fall. The first time we did this he earned 14 packs and he chose 2011 Bowman Chrome to open. I found Blowout Cards on a google search and decided just to go ahead and order a box. He ended up pulling a Bryce Harper auto and we have been loyal Blowout customers ever since! Thanks for the contest and the great first box of Chrome!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #61 (permalink)

My daughter Bella is 9 months old so she has not opened much with me yet. However, I do let her suck of the BGS slabbed stuff I own. I hope the slabs are waterproof.

A true story about her. She has a few Braves outfits and I kid you not anytime she wears the outfit and the Braves play they win. I still blame myself for not putting her Braves shirt on last September when they fell to the Phillies in the last game of the year. Here is a pic of her from the goldbar giveaway!

As you can see at the moment she is only interested in eating the cards. That or she hates Halladay since he plays for the Phillies. That's my girl!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #62 (permalink)

Aspen - 2 and a half; her card that she carries everywhere is Jered Weaver, which is funny because he just no-hit my Twins

Bridgette is 4 and a half months, she likes putting anything in her mouth so she does not get to have cards yet

We have another child due Nov 30th

I just started collecting again for the first time since 1993, love the excitement of opening packs of baseball cards again!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #63 (permalink)

First off, awesome promotion! My daughter's name is Allyson, she's 16 months old and I can't wait for her to start collecting and joining her dad in pulling for the Nationals.

http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd461/natsfan82/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
Old 05-04-2012, 12:19 AM   #64 (permalink)

Aurora - 7 loves to open packs with her Dad but doesn't get what all the fuss is about
Old 05-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #65 (permalink)

Robert 8-he wants all the Brewers cards we pull and of course any hits. He loves the stickers (Topps MLB and Panini NFL) and almost has his '12 album full. We've also had some success sending for TTMs.

Reagan 4-she has little interest in sports cards, though I'm sure if I'd buy her some yo gabba gabba she'd like them.

Roman 2-He wants to do everything big brother does but we have to be careful as any cards he handles usually get pretty much destroyed.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 AM   #66 (permalink)

I have two sons
Brandon is 12 and enjoys the Xbox more than his Pokemon cards now.

Dylan is 7 and is just starting to get into baseball.

Both boys, as most kids do and some adults, love tearing open some packs.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #67 (permalink)

My son Nathan is 8. I started buying him cards when he was young. Starting around 3, I'd get him a jersey card (usually) of some athlete that he likes or talked about, starting with Corey Maggette at age 3. Loves the jersey cards and any cards he thinks looks cool. He knows what bubble envelopes mean when they arrive and loves opening up my stuff to see what I got or open packs.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #68 (permalink)

Hannah - 10

Collects all kinds of non-sport cards (iCarly, Bella Sara, Popcardz, Harry Potter, etc). Had a great time at the Philly Non-Sport Card show a couple of weeks ago
Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #69 (permalink)

My daughter, Kamdyn (3 years old), isnt into collecting but does enjoy going to baseball games with her daddy. She did buy a Buster Posey auto on COMC for me....left computer open to get something in kitchen and when I came back had dropped $100 for me.

If we do happen to stop buy the retail aisle, she usually gets a pack of princess stickers.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
Old 05-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #70 (permalink)

My little guy's rookie card, pictured a few weeks after he was born...he's almost 11 months now!...Andrew is his name...

Old 05-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #71 (permalink)

Great Contest.

Seth (step-son) 8- Loves opening just about any packs he can get his hands
on. Collects Bears, Steelers, Cubs, Bulls, Polamalu, Lebron James, and most QB's. Also loves his ever growing stash of McFarlane NFL figures.

Eden (daughter) 3- Has set out to DESTROY all of my base cards. Loves any card me or her brother hand her. She is very good at stacking base cards and then throwing them everywhere lol.

Here is a pic of both of them meeting Gale Sayers last year.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #72 (permalink)

Default Nice promo~!

Ethan, Loves his game-used basketball cards. When I open boxes and can determine the jersey card pack he always gets to open and keep the jersey card. He doesn't care who the player is. Just thinks its cool. All are kept neat and orderly in his 3-ring. I think he will be a collector for life like his dad. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #73 (permalink)

My son Cree who is 7, loves anything WWE, he loves the Relics and Autos. Can't take him to the store without buying something. He Recently hit 2 WWE Dog Tag Relics of Rey Mysterio and Zack Ryder. His collection is growing rapidly.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #74 (permalink)
Axe

My daughter Lexi just turned 10 this week. She is not into cards AT ALL, infact atm her mother has her brainwashed into thinking they are evil i think, lol. However she is very mcuh into Beiber for some reason, may use that to bring her back to the darkside. I am not to worried about it though i guess, she loves doing about everything else i do with me, fishing, rock hounding, gem hunting, and gold prospecting to name a few, just no interest in sportscards, lol.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #75 (permalink)

My son Trystin is 10 and we just started collecting together this year. Here is really starting to enjoy watching baseball now, the cards really got him interested.

It is awesome when he gets excited pulling a cool Cubs card!

Thanks for the cool promo!