Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #76 (permalink)

Thank you for yet another fun contest!

I have two sons.

Aiden-2 1/2 years old (will be 3 on June 21st). He loves to look at mommy's cards. So much so, I have him my tin from 1997 with Brett Favre on to keep his cards in. I gave him a bunch of inserts from the 90's. All his cards are in top loaders and he likes to take them out and look at them. I also get him hot wheels cards and toy story 3 cards. He loves them all.

Logan-14 months. He just likes to steal the tin and put Aiden's cards in his mouth. He also eats paper/cardboard so you have to be careful or your cards will be gobbled up. He likes to bend older cards.

My project for them this year is to send out TTM's to all the Phillies players and some football players.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #77 (permalink)

great promo

My sons Nathan 7 and Jayden 5 are just getting in to collecting. More so Nathan 7 years old. He had me put together packs for all his class mates for valentines day this year and was determinded they were going to each have at least one auto and one jersey per team bag put to gether as well as one ryan Zimmerman who is his favorate player. it was a lot of fun working with him to get them put together and to see him so excited to give cards to the other kids in his class.

it is awsome to try and keep kids into collecting. thanks again
Old 05-06-2012, 04:09 AM   #78 (permalink)

I have a little girl (5) and her name is Trillium, she loves making cards of my 13 year old son. She even figured out how to make a game used card (with a piece of cloth) and she uses the thick blanks from packs. Today she was talking to him on the phone and she said.... do you know why I like baseball? He asked why... and her response was, because I get to see you play!!

Lucky Man I am in so many ways!!
Double Header tomorrow!! Go Kick some Tail Keeg!!
Old 05-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #79 (permalink)

My 10 year old son is now addicted to collecting Jacquizz Rodgers.

The reason he started collecting (and I started collecting again) is that we were at an Oregon State University game and he met Jacquizz and James Rodgers and they took the time to talk with him and sign his jersey. After that he wants everything to do with Jacquizz (we even repainted his room in Orange and Black). He is so excited that James and Jacquizz are now in the NFL on the same team (Falcons).
Old 05-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #80 (permalink)

My 4 month old son Garett Jr. He doesn't even know what cards are yet but he loves watching sports center and all basketball and football games with daddy. He has also participated with daddy in many late late night case breaks when niether of us can sleep. He is my good luck charm.

http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/b_garett/Cards/For%20Sale/
Old 05-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #81 (permalink)

Alyssa - 2 yrs.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #82 (permalink)

Hey-

Matthew age 2... Just started collecting for him last year, all football so far.

Vanessa age 4... Like to take all our commons

Chloe age 8... Doesnt care at all...lol

Kassi age 9.. Great softball player and likes anything expensive, exquisite etc

Thanks blowout!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:26 AM   #83 (permalink)

Deakon, 10 years old. He's been into Pokemon cards since he was like 5, and I've been trying to get him into sports cards with me. He's my football buddy on Sundays, and we tend to go to a bunch of Mariners / Tacoma Rainiers games when the weather cooperates.

A couple months ago we went to a break party at our LCS when 2012 Topps Baseball was released. They do a great job on release parties, supplying pizza, they do giveaways during the break, it's a blast.

Well he happen to win a giveaway for a 1970 Topps Willie Mays card, and he was the more excited about that then I could have ever imagined. His words were "Jeez Dad, this card is older than you, its SUPER old!"

Thanks, son!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:41 AM   #84 (permalink)

Cool contest, I have two:

Keola, my son, turned 7 this past friday..
and Kaya, my daughter, 4..

They pretty much can easily match my spending on my cards with their pokemon cards.. and occasionally like to buy garbage pail kids, marvel, yu-gi-oh, super mario and avengers.. Normal kid stuff lol

Also looking for Michelle Wie "Award Winners" auto
Old 05-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #85 (permalink)

Phoenix - 3 yrs old

Born one day after her dad. So we did a birthday break together. She busted Yo Gabba Gabba while I busted 2012 Leaf Metal Draft. Ordered the boxes from BO!

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/mrmike_13/
Old 05-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #86 (permalink)

Have two myself under 12:

Eva - who's 3 1/2 years old; loves playing with base cards

and

Devon - who's 21 months old; loves eating base cards

thx for the contest

"Would you like to touch my monkey? Touch him! Touch my monkey!"
Old 05-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #87 (permalink)

Great Idea BO....loved reading all the submissions.

My little man Sam is 17 months and recently started to play catch with me with a big ball....well more like he throws it and I go get it before it rolls into the woods and then he throws it again!

I've started to build an album for him of cards.....we have a family conflict though....I'm a diehard Phillies fan and my wife is a diehard Braves fan...so Sam's album contains both...he'll have a tough choice coming up here soon!

Also currently building his name in Letter patches....need a Phillies or Braves (I guess) "A"...so if anyone has one let me know
SORRY I DO NOT SHIP TO CANADA UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR DC

Last edited by dbaks; 05-08-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #88 (permalink)
Boo

I have 2 sons...

Cameron is 5 (almost 6) and loves to play baseball, golf and soccer. The other day he told me he wanted to play tennis, not sure where he got that from.

Carson just turned 3. He likes to play whatever his brother is playing and looks like he will be even better than his older brother.

They both like to walk around with base cards, especially if the player has the same first name as they do!

Thanks for the contest!

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/

Last edited by Boo; 05-08-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

wow awesome contest. My kids Name is Nicholas he's 3months.. cant collect yet himself, but im working on a collection for him
Old 05-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #90 (permalink)

My son Michael Connor is DUE in late June...can i get a ruling on this?? lol Anyhow he is the reason i got back into cards...hope to give him a very nice collection when he gets a bit older
Old 05-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #91 (permalink)
Banned

I have 2 daughters who both enjoy collecting. Ashlyn, who is 9, likes to open cards with me and she has good luck so I let her open when I can. Layla is 4 and just likes to open cards that come in the mail. They both have their favorite teams too and I just roll with it.

edit for Picture of my oldest and me at the 08 Broncos opener

Last edited by BroncosFAN#1; 05-11-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #92 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to advan24r

2 girls

Lauren - 3

Nikki - 4 mo.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:07 AM   #93 (permalink)

I have three boys under twelve

Jacob-11
Nicholas-7
Austin-5

Everytime i open a pack there always there wondering if i got anything special so when i buy myself some cards i go ahead and by them some packs as well and they all love opening especially when they know they have a chance of an autograph
Old 05-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #94 (permalink)

One son
Aidan just turned three, loves to open packs then throw the cards around (thank you base topps!)

And one daughter one the way in a month or so.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:14 AM   #95 (permalink)

Ariana my daughter 8 years old.

She a black stripe red belt in Karate, plays little league baseball. She love to crack Hanna Montana and Star Trek packs. Also loves any cards I buy for her of Justin Beiber. A few times a week she will take out her 800 count box lay them all out and read the backs and look at them.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:56 AM   #96 (permalink)

Jocelyn-7
Jayda-3

Both of them love the Texans because of 1. Daddy's Team & 2. Toro (Texans Mascot)

They got to meet Toro and Arian Foster at a carnival they had at Jocelyn's school and had a blast playing with them.

They love going with me to the mailbox for "mail time" and always fight for who's gonna carry daddy's goodies back home. They love to help me put cards in my case and they're favorite cards are my patches because of all the colors.

Jocelyn busts Hanna Montana boxes every time we go to Wal Mart. Jayda takes all my base and has an auto card of a local women's football team player that she takes with her EVERYWHERE,lol.

Last edited by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD; 05-11-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #97 (permalink)

Do kids on the way count?

My wife and I are expecting our 1st in mid September. I just found out last week it's a boy
Old 05-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #98 (permalink)

Hello. Thanks for the contest. My 2 girls are Penelope, who is 3 months old today and my fireball of terror who I love dearly is my 2 year 7 month old daughter Annabelle who drives her mommy crazy because she likes to go to my lcs and card show with me.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #99 (permalink)

Back in August of last year, I got back into the hobby. At this time my wife was looking at me like I was crazy collecting football cards, and thinking I was trying to relive my childhood times. But as I continued to visit my LCS, buying and opening boxes of cards, she slowly came around. By the end of the NFL season, my wife was completely into opening packs with me, and at times talking me into going back to the LCS and buying more boxes.

My little daughter watched as me and my wife ripped open pack after pack of the numerous boxes we bought, and she became completely fascinated in what we were doing. What 2 year old wouldn't be? Once the release of SP Authentic came out, my daughter wanted to open her own packs, and threw the usual 2 year old tantrum when she did not get her way. After me and my wife would open a couple of packs, we would place the common base into an open pack, and then our daughter would open the pack and be completely excited with the cards she had pulled.

My daughter has a collection of misfit (slightly damaged, dinged, etc) cards that me and my wife have pulled, and she cherishes this box of cards. She even tries to sleeve and top load cards, since she sees me do it all the time. I know my 2 year old daughter has a better collection of cards then a lot of 8 year old boys, and again I say daughter. LoL.

Attached is a pic of her, but unfortunately I won't be able to get a pic of her opening her "own" pack until mid June since her and my wife are vacationing in Germany. Thanks for the long read. And good luck to everyone in the contest.

Chris aKa HenacyPimo
Attached Thumbnails
Blowout Cards - Post your Kid Giveaway! (CLOSED)-dsc_1587_1_.jpg  
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." ~Plato
Old 05-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #100 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mikey121581

I have 1 son named Cole Michael he is 2 1/2 named after Cole Hamels.I started a pc for him the day he was born of cole hamels and its pretty big.his room is all phillies....

Brooke Tessmacher,WWE Elite Figures,Green Arrow
Closed Thread