Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #101 (permalink)

neat idea!

I have 5 kids and they all collect.

Michael is 5 HUGE Josh Hamilton fan - OH YEAH! little man LOVES to yell GOOOOT HEEEEEEEMAH!

Maddison is 9 and she likes Nelson cruz.

Payton is 10. dude LOVES prince fielder...and it seams anyone that is connected to Prince fielder. He collects Verlander, Braun(shares a birthday), Cabrerra (all because of the fielder connection) and of course he toploads all of his fielder cards. I recently bought a prince fielder jersey card from 2012 topps and planted it into a retail pack so he could get a thrill. he flipped out LOL!

Tyler is 12. He will open a pack here and there, but he is autistic so he is not always interested. he does LOVE Yu Darvish though.

Alyssa is 14 (does not qualify, I know) but she is the biggest baseball fan of all of the kids. she is getting old enough to buy her own boxes and bust them with dad. brings a tear to my eye

here is a picture of our crew from my brother's wedding last year
Attached Thumbnails
Blowout Cards - Post your Kid Giveaway! (CLOSED)-photo.jpg  

Last edited by davidhibler; 05-11-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #102 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Cornerstore

my sister moved in with my parents not to long ago and my neice/nephew were always intersted in all my baseball cards so i showed them a bunch of the cooler ones - and since then they have been hooked to find some. Anyway this one picture is when last years ginter first came out, I came home for the weekend to see my neice so excited she got a numbered card to only 25 - I thought it was very cool until I realized she had a nice rip card. She eventually wanted to open it in case there was a 1/1 wood in there but got a nice josh hamilton SP.

http://yankeesgofor28.blogspot.com/
Old 05-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #103 (permalink)

JJ is 10, will be 11 on the 23rd. So for his Birthday this year he wanted to go see the Rangers vs. Orioles. Wouldn't you know it would be the night Josh Hamilton hit 4 home runs. Here is a picture outside the stadium after the game next to the Great Bambino.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #104 (permalink)

Mason - my son was born on April 3rd @ 10:23 am. A BO member was twenty minutes off with his guess for a contest I held. He already loves watching the Rays with daddy on the big screen and has a SICK BJ Upton collection, although he doesn't know it lol. Thanks for the contest Blowout!

Old 05-13-2012, 02:34 AM   #105 (permalink)

Talen age 4
Cohen age 2

They both love the hobby but get frustrated easy with how hard the packs are for them to open. They don't like dads help they have to do it on their own!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #106 (permalink)

Paisley Ann - One year and three months.

She was quiet the surprise, but i wouldnt have it any other way.

She pulls better stuff than i do every time we go to an LCS, she has the lucky hand i guess
Old 05-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #107 (permalink)
Banned

Skyler...12 years old.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #108 (permalink)
Banned

I am a kid LOL 14
Old 05-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike13198 View Post
I am a kid LOL 14
on the first page it says 12 and under

sorry man lol
Old 05-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #110 (permalink)

Kairi is 8, loves Justin Bieber. In fact, I bought two cases of Americana last years looking for the Biebs auto card for her and got two. Got the graded and now she keeps them in her backpack at all times.

Tatum is 6, loves wrestlers but not wrestling. Want CM Punk as her boyfriend. Or Jacob from Twilight.

Cadance is 4 and can draw all day if you let her. Her favorite thing is to trace over my tattoos, at least once a week.

Love all three and can't imagine where I would be without them. Got a Johnny Bench RC PSA 9.0 saved for their college fund
Old 05-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #111 (permalink)

I'm 36 and have been collecting cardboard since I can remember. I always thought I would have a son someday to rip wax and enjoy cardboard with. Fast forward to today and I have 2 beautiful daughters Rylee 11, & Ramssy 6.
Rylee is a basketball (Lakers) cardboard fan with good jersey luck, and Ramsey (YES NAMED AFTER THE ST. LOUIS RAMS) collects all types loves her relic Triple H card. 3 collections are expensive, help a dad out! Thanks Blowout!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #112 (permalink)

Two sons

Kyle Payton - named after my middle name and then of course Walter Payton
Brett Daniel- named after favre(pre-pics of self) and then my dad.

Oldest is Kyle who is six, Brett is 3.5. Both enjoy cards the oldest likes military themed cards, like topps honor roll years back and some American heritage.
Brett likes Hockey? Still trying to figure it out we don't have an NHL team here and I don't collect hockey?

They would both prefer to open a case of 8 second(rodeo cards) to a case of exquisite or anything else. Which works well on dads limited budget, now every time we go to Walmart it is have the gotten rodeo cards back in. They bought a blaster once and we haven't seen it since?
Old 05-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #113 (permalink)

I have 2 daughters

Jaziel age 3- Loves me to send her cards. I literally send her cards via usps to the house addressed to her. Everytime I go to the mailbox and get our mail she runs up to me and asks if there is a package for her. Most of the time there is from me lol me sending her a couple base cards. Everytime I order from Blowout cards its a must that I have to buy her her own packs. She enjoys the hobby with me and I love it especially when she comes with her own made packages and gives me cards as well lol it is so cute!

Aleah age 4 months- Not into the hobby YET! She loves to glance at my cards though so there is some sign there. I could always let her hold one of the cards but I would get it back full of drool since at the moment she is teething and bites and puts everything in her mouth! Lol
Old 05-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #114 (permalink)

Noah - 8 (9 in two weeks) - obsessed with baseball and the hobby. For fun he reads huge tomes of baseball statistics and can answer just about any question the adults throw his way about baseball history. I help run a pickup game with him and some of his school friends on Sunday mornings.....about 30 or so 6-8 year olds. Its fun teaching them the game...even if they refuse to understand why running through 1st base is better than sliding. After the game this week I handed out a bunch Bowman 12 basecards. The ungrateful lil' jerks didn't want some prospect they never heard of and kept asking if I had any Rangers. I'll look through my collection of base and bring all Rangers this week.

Evan - 6 - Doesn't care for the game all that much....claims he is a RedSox fan although no one is quite sure why. Likes collecting cards, but only because Dad and Big Bro do it.

Gabby - 3 - Knows who Josh Hamilton is.......that's about the extent of it.

Naomi - 11 months - likes to chew on any cardboard that is laying around, which ends up being a very productive way of making my sons clean up their cards.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #115 (permalink)

tyson: 2 1/2, got talent to find expensive cards and destroy them (with a smile) !

gabriel: 10, really i mean really digs non-sports and pokemon cards !

Last edited by sykopat; 05-15-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #116 (permalink)

Morrigan age 4 and another one due December 21st 2012(spooky, I know). Thanks for the contest!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #117 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to p.thomaston

Here's my mighty man:

Elisha Hayes Thomaston, turned 5 months old yesterday . He loves trying to grab Daddy's cards while I'm organizing them, haha. Might have to make a heavy BGS investment to keep them safe . Oh, if you couldn't tell by the picture he likes to keep his pimp hand strong!!!

Old 05-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.thomaston View Post
Here's my mighty man:

Elisha Hayes Thomaston, turned 5 months old yesterday . He loves trying to grab Daddy's cards while I'm organizing them, haha. Might have to make a heavy BGS investment to keep them safe . Oh, if you couldn't tell by the picture he likes to keep his pimp hand strong!!!

he's pimpin'!!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #119 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to p.thomaston

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincecumPC View Post
Owen, 3 months old. Alabamaslamma sent him his first card when he was just a couple weeks old and his collection has already begun. I just finished his nameplate for his room, which I posted about here.

If he's a good kid, he will also inherit my collection one day too.

Awesome, awesome, awesome Love that mustache bro, that's pimping!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #120 (permalink)

I have a IN-HOME DAYCARE that we take care of several children. I have 1 have to say has touched our hearts. He just turned 2 last week and Loves to sit and go through JUNK boxes of cards. HIs name is Jace! He can't get enough of the cards. picks up a few and says "HERE" wants me to look @ them and put them in penny sleeves. We have CARD time when all the other kids get picked up!

Old 05-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #121 (permalink)

Father's Day 2011
My twin girls, they were 6 at the time
Katherine and Isabella

Old 05-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #122 (permalink)

I've got 3 kids

Josh - 8 years old, can't get him into baseball cards, but he loves video games, and collects all the Super Mario Bros. cards he can get his hands on, he has quite the collection.

Kaitlyn - 6 years old, she loves the sticker books in Target, I think she is currently working on the Spongebob one now.

Sarah - 1 year old, she likes to destroy her brother and sister's collections.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:50 AM   #123 (permalink)

My son is 4 years old he loves playing with my "softie" cards. Just tge otger day i found dayton on the floor feeling a bart starr patch aito from certified #d/5. I asked him what he was doing and he looked up at me laughed and said just seeing what a 200 dollar card feels like. God would he love to open his own box of auctions ards. Thanks again blowout
Old 05-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #124 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Aaron Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron

Congrats on the child!

Here is my oldest son, Dylan - now age 12. Loves baseball, and especially Ichiro - who is his favorite player. 8 Years ago (at the age of 4) we made a sign that said he wanted to shake Ichiro's hand, and went to the O's vs M's. While he didn't get to shake his hand, he did manage to do this

Forward 8 long years, and we finally were able to get the photo signed just last season.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #125 (permalink)

I have two boys, Alex (12) and Eric (10).
Closed Thread