Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #126 (permalink)

So my daughter and I don't miss a chance to boo the Yankees and went to Seattle last year to watch the saturday and Sunday games. (We are RedSox fans, but flying from Nome, Alaska, is much easier going to Seattle) Her first ballgame ever and it was great. Sat in the front row in right field behind Ichiro. Cano hit a home run and the guy next to us caught the ball and dropped it, but we we on tv anyways. WoooooHoooo
During batting practice when the yanks were on the field we almost caught a ball A-Rod hit but it fell short....however Nick Swisher was out there and got the ball and looked up at Makayla and smiled and said this one is yours and tossed it up to her. Guess what....nick Swisher has two RedSox fans that are now Nick Swisher fans. My daughter says he is a geat guy, but just wears the wrong uniform. One note on Swisher..he got harrassed big time when in the outfield...but took it just fine and turned around during the game and would actually talk with the fans and joke around with them. It was great. About 5 college guys sitting a few rows behind us in Sunday's game really gave him grief and the next inning he hits a home run...Did not hear much from them after that...
Her first game goes 12 innings. The next day was a 1:10 start so we were a bit tired but got there early and took the ball to get it signed. Got autos from King Felix, Jamie Wright, Chris Ryan, Aaron Laffey. Not a lot of guys out there after a late night game like that. We got the ball, her cap and glove autographed. Watched a butt stomping the yanks gave the Mariners on Sunday but had a great weekend.....
Oh, We had 4 different people jump on the field from various sections. One guy ran butt naked from first to second before he got tackled and they put a towel on him. All the guys were walked out the exit right where we were sitting. The guy with the towel shook the towel off right before he got to the exit. Got the whole thing on video..don't know why...but that was crazy.

At the end of the year we had both girls with us for some Seahawks football and it was the first Pro Football game for both and we had a BLAST!!! We are hoping to make a few more baseball games this season and in the meantime the girls put a few dollars aside for some packs to get their big hits...Ichiro inserts. We have to shop on Ebay for wax since our local card shop is over 1,000 miles (1 1/2 flight)..Such is village life.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #127 (permalink)

I have two little collectors. Fiori turned 7 recently and Zachary is 3. The both really enjoy opening packs with me. Any time I get a blaster, a box, or a few loose packs, I have to be sure to give them each something to bust.
Fiori really likes mini cards and I have been helping her build her collection little by little. She also likes cards featuring females and animals. She really likes A&G, which happens to be one of my personal favs, because she each box has so many cards that end up in her PC. She also likes the new Olympic cards because there are tons of females featured in the product. We've been lucky enough to pull some nice inserts featuring female Olympians so far. Some of our other favorites to collect together include UD Champs, the latest Parkhurst, and Goodwin since minis are among the many inserts found in those products. Like me, she's an Angels and Kings fan. I've been trying to make her a Packers and Broncos fan, but for some reason cheers for pretty much any team playing against my two favorites. Probably the coolest sports related experience for her so far has to be when Rickey Henderson signed a ball for her when he came through town as a member of the San Diego Surf Dawgs. I have the ball put away for her for when she gets a bit older.
Zachary is my Chrome buddy. He likes refractors best and we have a good time going through his collection and seeing what colors he has. He doesn't know any of the players yet, but hey it's a start, right? His biggest sport related moment so far is getting to meet Bailey the Kings mascot at a Staples store. He was much more into the giant stuffed animal than the two players who were signing that day.

And here are the kids and I at a Kings event that was held just down the street from us a couple of months ago.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #128 (permalink)

My oldest Daughter, Maddie, 2, everytime we go to Wal-Mart and I go check out the cards. I know have to buy her a pack of Yo Gabba Gabba cards.

Last time we went I had to buy her some Top Loaders cause she told me she wanted to keep her cards clean. It made me so Proud that she understands that she needs to keep her cards in good condition.

It kinda breaks my heart at the same time cause I know this is a phrase and its gonna be Barbie Dolls and My Little Pony soon and she is prob going to be like her momma and not really care for sports too much. Ill enjoy what I can for now and keep my fingers crossed on her getting involved in sports.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #129 (permalink)

Just saw this, thanks for the promo

Nicholas - 5 - 7/29 birthday
Lucas - 2 - 11/4 birthday
Marcus - 2 WEEKS OLD! - 5/5
Old 05-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #130 (permalink)

My son just turned 6. His name is Kevin Joseph but we call him KJ. He loves baseball and baseball cards. As a matter of fact he likes all cards. He is smart enough to check blowout sales every weekend looking for 2011 Bowman Chrome and is upset it keeps going up. I have tried getting him into BDPP but he favors Chrome cards over paper. He is a very smart kid and he loves Bryce Harper and Pujols. He has pulled 3 base autos and one gold auto of Bryce Harper Bowman Chrome and his face lights up like Xmas. He wants to stop everything and place in top loader. Our system is I rip open pack and he goes through the cards. Anyways that's about it for this promo and thanks.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #131 (permalink)

Daughters name is Izzy she is 5 years old and really likes opening cards, her best pull to date was a Heritage Chrome Jeter from a Value box from Toys R Us (and yes she does get to open some of dads stuff as well) she just doesn't get to keep it...

trying to post a photo from spring training but have been unsuccessful to date.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #132 (permalink)

I've got 2 kids: my daughter, Vida, who is 4 and my son, Julian, who is 17 months. A couple of cute stories...

The day I found my favorite LCS I had my daughter with me. She reminded the shop owner of his grand daughter that he gave her a bunch of packs of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" cards. Then, when we got to the car she realized she forgot to tell him "Thank You". So she runs back inside and says "thank you!". He just about melted right there and gave her a few more packs!

I celebrated my birthday this month, too, and had her on my lap when I blew out the candles. She told me to make a wish, and I asked her "What should I wish for?". Her answer was "I don't know....maybe some football cards." (which I kind of did...)

I will get her some Yo Gabba Gabba cards every now and then. I'm really hoping to turn my son into the hobby too. Hopefully, they'll back me up when I tell my wife that we need to make a trip to the LCS!
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
Old 05-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #133 (permalink)

Nicholas- 11 Years Old- Attends card shows with me every month and tends to blow his allowance money, but he has a pretty nice collection for such a young kid!

Being a College student and Card collecting don't mix very well especially when you choose booklets over text books
Old 05-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #134 (permalink)

Dominic Luciano-6
Lawrence Marcello-4
Layla Ann-7 mths.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #135 (permalink)

Hey there, thanks for the promo. I have had a whirlwind of the past couple of weeks. My wife wasnt due until June 9 but on Mothers day (May 13, 2012) my wife had an emergency c-section and now we have Mackenzie. She was born 3 pounds 15oz and is still in hospital but I have started her collection with a name project. I cant wait until we can start collecting together.

Thanks
Brian
Old 05-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #136 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to dwades.world

my kid is ram, 10 years old.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #137 (permalink)

Default Colin Patrick O'Brien

hi,My son Colin Patrick O'Brien was born January 25th 2008.He loves sports already and watches all the red Sox,Bruins,Celtics and Patriots games with me.he's allway's getting into my cards( I gave him a bunch of old Donreuus,Topps for himself). I'm hoping to get him ino collecting and love it as much as I do.Blowout Cards - Post your Kid Giveaway! (CLOSED)-colin-004.jpg
Old 05-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #138 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to susiferchris

My son's name is Jeremy, and he is six years of age. We recently took him to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for Pole day qualifying and had an absolute blast!

http://photobucket.com/susiferchris
Old 05-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #139 (permalink)

Gavin 19 months- Has very quick hands and the ability to knock over large stacks of cards in a single swoop. Grooming him to be a future Hawkeye Fan!

Incoming Baby Girl September Name TBD- will not become a benchwarmer girl.lol
Old 05-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #140 (permalink)

My son, Garrett, turned 12 this year, and with his birthday money we decided to go to out local card store so he could buy a box of Topps Series 1. Here's what he got! (needless to say, he's a collector for life now!)
Photobucket
Old 05-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #141 (permalink)

I'm not sure if this contest is over.. but I have a pretty good "story"...

She isn't my daughter.. but I have been the defacto parent to my 12 year old sister for most of her life. She was born to my aunt (who has difficulties) so my family adopted her at 5 weeks old...

At that time my mother took ill (chron's disease which has gotten worse over time) and my father began having strokes around 2001 (he's had 7 he's admitted to). Today she is 12 .. with a mother who can barely eat, a father who can barely move... and me.. a 26 year old defacto parent.

Her name is Taylor and is a huge sports fan (although not a big card collector) she's obsessed with the Dolphins and Marlins.. but really goes nuts for the Miami Heat. This is partly my fault lol.. but she can name every member of the heat dating back to 2006 and still does the PA calls whenever a Heat player scores (IE "CAAAAARRRRRISSSS BOSSSSSHHHHH"). Her bedroom walls are covered in pictures of Heat and Dolphins players.. and after going to a recent Marlins game at the new stadium, she literally taped a souvenir ice cream bowl (that looks like a helmet) to her bedroom door lol.

Cool promotion.. and never really talk about her much as I do this personally for business and to pay for school... but I thought id share the story.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:06 AM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

Great idea Chris and thanks for the contest.

Brittany - 12

Matthew - 10
Old 05-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #143 (permalink)

My son is 7 years old and loves The Clone Wars and Legos (get on it Topps!). One day I just broke 3 boxes and must have looked a little down, he walked over to me and said, "Don't worry Daddy, you'll get a good hit next time." Just floored me.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #144 (permalink)

My son Jayden just turned 3. We're just happy he is here with us, Jayden was born 4 months early, came out weighing 1pound 6 ounces. He spent his first six months in the hospital. He is now a happy and healthy little guy that loves life. He loves baseball and enjoys playing with the cards I give him. We will probably be taking him to his first game in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the contest, it was nice to share something about my son.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #145 (permalink)

My son Jayden just turned 3. We're just happy he is here with us, Jayden was born 4 months early, came out weighing 1pound 6 ounces. He spent his first six months in the hospital. He is now a happy and healthy little guy that loves life. He loves baseball and enjoys playing with the cards I give him. We will probably be taking him to his first game in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the contest, it was nice to share something about my son.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #146 (permalink)
Banned

Default Their dad's a soldier!

My boys are just starting to get into collecting. THEY LOVE IT!
Wyatt is the oldest.
The redhead is Fenway
and the little growing one is Jacoby.

Thanks for the contest!
Attached Thumbnails
Blowout Cards - Post your Kid Giveaway! (CLOSED)-sweeties.jpg   Blowout Cards - Post your Kid Giveaway! (CLOSED)-jones-baby_8.jpg  
Old 05-27-2012, 07:42 PM   #147 (permalink)

My boy Caleb is 10. This is from the local 'All Stars' tourney last year.

He likes to build sets so whatever I have for doubles that he needs, he gets.

Last edited by mainerunr; 05-27-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:58 PM   #148 (permalink)

My youngest son christopher shares my love for baseball and baseball cards. He is big Jeter fan. He started to play Tball and he is putting his first collection together this year (2012 topps). Here is a picture with favorite card a Jeter auto:

Photobucket
Old 05-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #149 (permalink)

My son Layton just turned 6 (May 2). He is all about Mississippi State anything. Loves every sport and doing anything outdoors. He has been helping me bust wax since he was 3 and already has a nice collection started. Love being able to share my love for sports and the hobby and pass it on to the next generation.

"Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...."

Last edited by bigmon80; 05-28-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #150 (permalink)

Well since my wife and i cant have kids here is my godson TEBOWING!!!

Closed Thread