Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Blowout Cards - Post your Kid Giveaway! (CLOSED)

Just saw this thread and made me think about doing a promo for the kids so here goes...

My little girl was born today

Here's the PROMO:

(Please note: This thread is not about giving away your kids !)

Any member who has a child who is 12 or under the age of 12...just post their first name and age (no need for a pic unless you would like to add one). If you have a nice story to go along with it or if they enjoy collecting with you...please feel free to post. We'll choose at random a few members when the promotion ends and send out some Free Boxes for the kids.

Thanks
Chris

Rules:
1. No purchase necessary to participate.
2. Please combine all children into 1 post
3. Your entry must be posted in this thread to participate.
4. All posts must be submitted by 8 AM EST on Monday , May 28th, 2012.
5. Blowoutcards will choose at random a few members once the promo ends.
6. We reserve the right to alter, cancel or change this promo at anytime for any reason
7. Most important...HAVE FUN !

Thanks again for your continued business ! We truly appreciate your support

Thank you to everyone who submitted a post in the Blowout Cards - Post your kid giveaway! I think that we can all agree that it was a lot of fun reading through this thread the past few weeks. It's also encouraging to see how many of you have brought your children into the hobby.

We've decided to give away 12 FREE Boxes!

All valid entries were entered into a list for randomization. We've randomized the list on random.org and the top 12 names will each receive 1 Free Box.

1. JWMcComas - Post #90
  2. BroncosFAN#1 - Post #91
  3. csmtampa - Post #104
  4. nbalinks - Post #10
  5. chefant73 - Post #33
  6. m.m4eva - Post #123
  7. Kevo420nc - Post #128
  8. dawger13 - Post #131
  9. kevinandji - Post #130
  10. Beginesj - Post #148
  11. iBLeeDBaTTLeReD - Post #96
  12. p.thomaston - Post #117

If you are one of the 12 at the top of the randomized list, please email Chris@blowoutcards.com with your name and address and we will send out a Free Box for each member chosen.

Stay tuned for many more promotions and Thank You all again for your business !

-The Staff at Blowoutcards

Last edited by blowoutcards2; 05-31-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

Great contest and thanks for having it Blowout.
I will keep myself out of it since I won the big Creativity contest a couple months ago.

Good Luck to everyone and have a great time busting wax with your kids.

Me and my son had a GREAT time busting the case that we won from Blowout.

Thanks again

Chris and Tyler.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

Allright, Thanks for the promo....

Sarah - Age 9 and 348 days - Loves getting extra cards from me, Used to pick the boxes for other members of a different forum when I would run case breaks and sell the boxes...always sent out the good hits to chittychitty844 (dang it!!!)...went to the National with me for the first time in chicago last year and pulled all 3 of my Panini wrapper redemption cards including my 1/1 sketch card by Andy dalton

Matthew - Age 6 3/4 - First auto ever pulled was Shark Boy in a TNA Blaster. Only wants Cubs and Bulls cards

Kristen - Age 4 1/2 - Doesn't understand cards yet, but knows to never ever touch daddy's cards.

One nice thing I did was to buy a box of cards each year that the kid was born and leave them unopened. I've resisted opening them, even though I know I coulda blew an awesome redemption...Haven't decided how old they should be when I let them open it.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Makenna - Age 12 We just opened a box of Justin Bieber cards about a week ago and you talk about a girl that was in hog heaven.

Carter - Age 10 He is always asking for any cards that I don't want when I open a pack or box of cards. He likes any type of sports card but his favorite cards are of the Carolina Panthers.

Jayce - Age 7 He likes cards but more because he wants to be like his older brother at this point than really liking the hobby but I am sure that will change once he gets a little older.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Scott, 21 months, does not have any interest in cards quite yet, but he deffinetly shaved into daddy's PC fund lol so worth it, he gets more fun everyday and now that he is talking and walking he makes me laugh constantly (but not always mommy haha)!!

As always, thanks for the contest BO!!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Lets see some of those pics.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Owen, 3 months old. Alabamaslamma sent him his first card when he was just a couple weeks old and his collection has already begun. I just finished his nameplate for his room, which I posted about here.

If he's a good kid, he will also inherit my collection one day too.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincecumPC View Post
Owen, 3 months old. Alabamaslamma sent him his first card when he was just a couple weeks old and his collection has already begun. I just finished his nameplate for his room, which I posted about here.

If he's a good kid, he will also inherit my collection one day too.

Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Awesome Pic, Made me lol.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apakalypto View Post
Congrats on the new addition to the family.

Awesome Pic, Made me lol.
thanks! and I hope to one day take a shot of my boy swimming amongst many wrappers as well.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Cameron, 3 1/2. - We take all the common cards and make roads and mazes for his cars.

Thanks for the contest!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincecumPC View Post
thanks! and I hope to one day take a shot of my boy swimming amongst many wrappers as well.
OH...It will come soon enough and it will be a BLAST
Old 05-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Thanks for the promo!

Jake - Age 8. He likes to collect non-sport cards like me and is a homer otherwise; Phillies and Eagles.

Mia - Age 3 1/2 (She likes to point out the 1/2!). Likes anything her brother has!

It is nice to see people do things like this on the site. It helps offset all of the negative posts that get thrown around. I think I will bring my thread back up:

Cards for the kids of Blowout
Old 05-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Mike age 9. Loves baseball. It is the best watching him opening packs. He gets super excited over every card.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks for the Promo

Tyler (Turns 7 May 6th)--My son loves any card that looks cool aka refractors...He has his own empty Exquisite box with all his cards he has got from stocking stuffers or when we take a trip to Wally World and get some Value boxes (I keep the Harper and Chrome pack and he takes the 5 Update packs)

Haylee (6)--My daughter saw my son getting packs of cards and got a little upset because "she" wasnt getting anything (typical woman, yeah I said it) so I took her to the card section at Wally World (closest LCS btw is about 2 hours away so not so Local) and she saw they had Hello Kitty cards (stickers) and she gets a few packs everytime we go now...

Last edited by armyatc22; 05-02-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Dominic - 12 years old - likes mainly football and hockey cards, has expensive tastes in what packs he wants to open as he got older. He "plays" with the cards more than my others where he'll take cards and make a team of his favorite players which reminds me of my card collecting days. He's always asking if "so and so" is a right wing or left wing to complete his dream line and he lays the cards out on the floor.

Noah - 11 years old - like FB, Hockey and also Pokemon cards. He loves to watch videos of people opening high end stuff (since we can't afford it). He likes the Adrenlyn cards from Pannini and since they are pretty cheap, I don't mind.

Kacie - 6 years old. She loves "minis". Maybe it's becuse they are more her size to handle. I give her most of the A&G, Gypsy Queen common minis and she carries them around in her purse. She's also my big "puller". Even though I only let her open the low-end stuff she pulled a 2007 Score Select Adrian Peterson Hot Card auto # to 20 and a regular 2011 Topps Cam Newton auto (her quote was "Dad, this card has some writing on it").

Carly - 4 years old - Likes non-sport stuff, big fan of Toy Story stickers, wears her Jessie halloween costume pretty much every day
Old 05-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Only have one... so far!

Rebecca - 7 weeks

Good thing there is a lull in the releases! She and her mommy are keeping this guy pretty well emotionally and physically drained! I'll be ready to go for 2012 Ginter though... going to get her a complete factory set of 2012 Topps when it's available and build her a set of Ginter, too!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

My oldest would absolutely love this.

Nathaniel - 4 years old: loves opening packs with me and then putting them in his "baseball card box" which is a catch-all for every sporting card that he owns. I always make sure to pick him up a box of junk wax when I go to shows so he has a ton of packs to open

Noah - 2 years old: loves running around with the cards and saying "One more minute" when I ask for them back

Caleb - 10 months: loves chewing them

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
Old 05-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Jasmine - 4 years old (that's her in my avatar at 1 1/2).

She has a box of "pretty" cards that I gave her (Blue and Green refractors are her favorite). She really likes putting the cards into sleeves so she can be "just like daddy".

Thanks for the giveaway!!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #19 (permalink)

Devin just turned 9 and I'm proud to say that he can easily identify Houdini's voice. (BTW, he is the smaller one):

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

My oldest son
Nicholas age 9 Likes to collect Indianapolis Colts. We open packs once in awhile.

My Twins
Matthew and Carolina age 8 months old. Will get them in the hobby when they get a little bit older.

Thanks Blowout for the contest!

Dallas Cowboys fan Good or Bad!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #21 (permalink)

This is my son Judah at his first NFL game. He was 10 in the picture and just turned 12. We didn't get to any games in 2011 due to a little trip I had to take to Afghanistan.

He has 2 younger sisters who care nothing for the hobby. They prefer dollhouses for some reason. I just can't figure that one out.....Gotta finish up this post and get to work on building some tiny houses.
Don't ask me for my best price. You give me your best offer
Old 05-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

William 4 years
Lily 2 days

Thank you for the contest!
Old 05-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
XL5

Tik, 2 years old. A vendor gave her a Prince Fielder mini at a card show so now she PC's him. Except she calls him "Pins Fiddler."

Old 05-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #24 (permalink)

My son Hendrik is 2 years old. He likes to look through my cards with me sometimes and play around in them. (base cards of course). I have a Dallas Cowboy collection that I've started for him and will give to him when he's older.

Here's a pic of him with an Adrian Wilson card:

Old 05-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #25 (permalink)

My fiance's son is 11, name is Skylar or "jack" as he wants to be called, he is very rough with his cards there isn't even one "mint" card in his collection. He calls me his step dad, except i am "cooler" than his real dad. his words not mine.

He used to like star-wars cards, and goes to the Philly Show with the two of us. I buy him various boxes like "MAD TV" and packs of zombie cards and star wars boxes. He has a KILLER Chewbacca Sketch out of Star Wars 3D, pencil and it is fully colored.

now he is more into baseball and loves any card with Hunter Pence or Tim Lincecum.
Closed Thread