Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
Wish I could have gotten in on that Kid promo. My twins were born on May 4th and I never saw it.
It's was cool, people without kids won.
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #27 (permalink)

Why not ask members to post a photo of themselves holding the Blowout Cards logo in the most interesting place they can. A month would give people time to take the logo to sporting events, jump in front of the google street view car's camera or jump up and down behind their local news reporter doing an interview etc.

It would be interesting to see what people come up with and the stories about how they did it. Plus it would be great viral marketing for Blowout Cards.
DodgyTrousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgyTrousers View Post
Why not ask members to post a photo of themselves holding the Blowout Cards logo in the most interesting place they can. A month would give people time to take the logo to sporting events, jump in front of the google street view car's camera or jump up and down behind their local news reporter doing an interview etc.

It would be interesting to see what people come up with and the stories about how they did it. Plus it would be great viral marketing for Blowout Cards.
This is actually the best idea to be posted yet. Everyone can get in on this and as said it would be great marketing for Blowout.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #29 (permalink)

winner and final points scored in nba finals!
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #30 (permalink)

mlb all star game pitchers
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #31 (permalink)
Administrator

Thanks guys for all the great ideas and input....keep them coming. There are a few that we will be using for sure in the coming weeks...
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #32 (permalink)

How about a contest where you challenge all the kiddies to not post for the entire summer and those who do are entered into a drawing for a free blaster box or something?
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #33 (permalink)

how about an empty hobby-box challenge?

idea: create the most interesting, funny or otherwise amusing structure or costume entirely from empty hobby boxes.

or

a Pack-Man contest -

you could sell a lot of say 20-40 single packs along with a blowout t-shirt (the packs can be random stuff that normally would not move) and have the contestants fasten them to the blowout shirt, and have a vote for the best display/showmanship/design. winner gets to be the "mascot" for blowout cards, affectionately known as Pack-Man.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:

Or you could use your favorite card, take it too all kinds of places and take a pic. Creat a photo story.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #35 (permalink)

A couple of years ago, WNYC, a public radio station serving the New York Metropolitan area, solicited listeners' "uncommon economic indicators." The indicators typically included things like store openings/closings, rent control stories, etc., and the submissions took the form of very short stories, photographs, illustrations, etc. The idea was to tell the complex story of how the economy has shaped the city and the lives of individual New Yorkers in a completely different way. I think it would be cool to do something like this for card collecting. Users would submit their "uncommon card collecting indicators" that would collectively tell the story of how the hobby has changed for them, personally. In terms of the winners, Blowout could judge the entries and choose the best ones to encourage thoughtful participation or could simply do a random selection.

If you wanted to take this further, Blowout could compile the stories and create a web site that would organize the stories by geography (similar to what WNYC did) or by time (i.e. the number of years the user has been collecting). If Blowout gets enough entries and is able to attractively present the information, I think it could be of interest to the broader card collecting community. The site traffic alone could be great promotion for Blowout, especially if you promote it using social media, and the reach would last beyond the time frame of the contest, itself.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #36 (permalink)

How about a World Series/Playoff promo? Guess the two teams in the World Series, the winner and an underdog to make the playoffs.

http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd461/natsfan82/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
natsfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #37 (permalink)

I had submitted last year about a regular football season promo. Was maybe too close to the season to get it going.

Basically like the Baseball promo. But Football

Buy boxes and get a spot. 32 spots per promo. Names and teams are randomed. And the Teams that it make into the SB down to the playoff would win something. Or just a SB winner and Loser.

Grand Prize ~ Person that holds the SB winning Team
2nd Place ~ SB loser

Or Something like below. Taken from this years BB promo

Example

NOW FOR THE PRIZES:

GRAND PRIZE: 2012 World Series Champion will receive a $1000 Blowoutcards.com Gift Certificate (Plus any of the below if applicable)
2nd Place: American & National League Champions: Each will receive 6 Boxes of 2009 UD Signature Stars Baseball
3rd Place: Each of the 6 Division Winners will receive a FREE Box of 2008 Donruss Elite Extra Edition Baseball
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

This is one of the best yet.
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #39 (permalink)

How about a story about who got you into collecting, with big pulls and the stories behind the people. Example, my father bought me a pack when I was 7 because I was upset due to my first cavity. Got me hooked! Years later he collected with me and pick a pack that had a Babe Ruth Jersey card in it, which sold for $1000+
Old 06-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

How about your best pull ever from blowout this year?
bigbaseballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #41 (permalink)

NBA finals game promo
Old 06-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #42 (permalink)

I think you could do a promo for high school graduates. It would be nice for them because most don't have jobs that bring in enough money to buy hobby boxes themselves.
Bucket:http://s1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/joceltics34/
joceltics34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:07 AM   #43 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to dwades.world

anything, as long as i win. lol.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:15 AM   #44 (permalink)

Home Run Derby Members + All-Star team!

My Bucket: http://s1355.photobucket.com/user/Thommy69/library/?sort=3&page=0
Thommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #45 (permalink)

Default Here's a few random but fun ideas that haven't been mentioned yet...

1) Your personal greatest/memorable sports/athletic related moment!

Mine, finally hitting my first Homerun (in a co-ed softball league)! It doesn't sound like much but I had to spend time in the gym to trim down and muscle up for months before I could "go yard".

I'd be interested in reading about my fellow collector's greatest moments.

2) Show us your favorite "worthless" card kept in your personal collection. Okay, so it might be worthless to some people but we've all got a card in our personal collection that means a lot to each person.

Mine, I've got a card of LaDainian Tomlinson rushing in his Old school Powder Blue uniform. This card is a dime a dozen but I only need one!

3) This may be on a tangent, but I wanna know what you thought about doing a Christmas-time Card Exchange?

We'd open a new thread, people would register their screen names and pm a particular moderator with their home address. We then make sure to update our wants/likes and then the moderator puts all the names in two lists then randomizes the registered names to identify matches and then randoms it again for the other list of names.

Address could be given either secretly through the moderator or be told who to PM their address. Moderators could act as the middle man to keep address/names private.

Overall, I think it'd be a lot of fun to how generous collectors can be during the holiday season and post pics on the Blowout Boards.

4) Last idea... it's great when kids are involved in the card collecting hobby. How about a contest where kids draw/paint their favorite trading card? A kid's enlarged replica of their favorite card using paint, markers, pastels, ink, chalk, etc. I hope someone might recreate a Michael Jordan card.

Well that's it! Thanks for the read.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #46 (permalink)

How about, best find at a garage/yard sale. Tales of finding gold in the piles of Ivan Calderons and Bob Welch's.

I am always looking for game used and autos of new and old st Louis cardinals.
Celtic savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #47 (permalink)

Default NASCAR?????

How about a nascar promotion? There are races almost every week, should be easy to figure something out. Pick a driver to win and tiebreaker can be how many laps he will lead without going over.

Thanks
g_n_jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #48 (permalink)

Football promotion: First player to score a touchdown in the new season. Does not include a quarterback passing a TD, it has to be the person who carries the ball into the end zone (QB can still rush the ball into end zone though). Would be very difficult to choose as it could be a punt return, deep pass etc. Could be fun!
PlayerOfTheGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #49 (permalink)

favorite pull.
I DO NOT USUALLY BUY SO DON'T ASK
RCarcia02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #50 (permalink)

How about a college football pick 'em promo. There has to be enough college football fans out there to do it.