Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #76 (permalink)

Default Yahoo MLB Fantasy League Promo?

Let's form up a Yahoo fantasy baseball league where the prize for winning is a case of cards, 2nd place half a case, 3rd a box. Make it a massive league with a live draft or have more than one league.
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #77 (permalink)

How about a 12/12/12 promo?

http://12bizzles.imgur.com/
12bizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bizzles View Post
How about a 12/12/12 promo?
they've already said they are doing one
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #79 (permalink)

How about a maya end of the world promo? When is it ending dec. 21, 2012?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #80 (permalink)

who inspired you to start collecting cards......
Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #81 (permalink)

Heres a nice idea for 12/21/12 promo. i think u guys should throw a 50-spot drawing of highend sports cards only, sold at $399 a spot or something. Just a thought. I'd be down! Survive the end of the world and break a nice box. Life is good.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyyca View Post
Heres a nice idea for 12/21/12 promo. i think u guys should throw a 50-spot drawing of highend sports cards only, sold at $399 a spot or something. Just a thought. I'd be down! Survive the end of the world and break a nice box. Life is good.
Go even to $750 with 25 spots and make everything a case. Of course you need a few of Rated Rookies to make it work, but add some Exquisite, NT, Chrome.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #83 (permalink)

I get the idea and since they continue to sell out they are obviously successful. What about keeping with the concept and pricing just make each smaller and only for a specific sport?

50 slots all baseball
40 slots all football
Same odds of getting a good or not so good slot but at least avoid getting something you have no interest in.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdome View Post
I get the idea and since they continue to sell out they are obviously successful. What about keeping with the concept and pricing just make each smaller and only for a specific sport?

50 slots all baseball
40 slots all football
Same odds of getting a good or not so good slot but at least avoid getting something you have no interest in.
Not a bad idea....
It would be nice to see promos for each sport. Same odds, same buy-in, but at least assurance that you get the sport you collect.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #85 (permalink)

do a Valentine Day promo for us married guys who get nothing from our wives in return

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #86 (permalink)

How about a post your pic with a card or box promo like the "auto trader" magazines do. not a pic with you at a show, but a pic of you holding a card or box in locations such as the top of a mountain, the empire state building, egypt in front of the pyramids, etc, something not photoshopped.
gsxr1000mxz800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #87 (permalink)

Santa Photo's Contest. Enter a photo of your kids, dogs, or even yourself with Santa.
hut_boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #88 (permalink)

Do a broke d*** promo like for those open boxes that you have and do all packs and maybe do like highend packs in there or maybe a box.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.m4eva View Post
Do a broke d*** promo like for those open boxes that you have and do all packs and maybe do like highend packs in there or maybe a box.
lol i would be down

if i say make an offer make one i am always open to offers. whats the most i can say???? no lol
CARDGUY123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:54 AM   #90 (permalink)

Did they ever conclude their 'Make A Black Friday Sign' contest/promo? Last I heard they were going to make a thread in the week that followed, and I haven't seen that thread. Maybe I'm blind, but I liked making my sign.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #91 (permalink)

I want to see a Haiku promo. BO has lots of $111.11, 239.74, etc. Heck, make a super BO Baller lot of 4,444.44. Users send in the money but actually get something besides giving out a loan.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #92 (permalink)

Let's do a run back apocalypse promo. what have we to lose? the world's gonna end tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #93 (permalink)

I personally got into the hobby because of a single card. Maybe there are others who started the hobby for the same reason. Possibly have a "What got you into the Hobby Contest" where people can post a pic of a card that got them started collecting and a story behind it.
dannyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #94 (permalink)

do a christmas one, and a new years one
a1breakz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #95 (permalink)

New Years Cornecopia thing...people have money after Christmas and you guys can be real generous this time...hook us up with something sweet and none of the 50-99 dollar crap...
Old 12-26-2012, 10:14 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
Contest on worst deal ever made on a card. I know over the years I have made bad choices on some individual cards; would like to see what people regret.
Add to this your best deal ever on a card...I know mine got me reintroduced to collecting after 15 years away!
jgohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgohman View Post
Add to this your best deal ever on a card...I know mine got me reintroduced to collecting after 15 years away!
tj graham is my pc i win instantly haha
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #98 (permalink)

New year, new cards. Try a promo that is lower in cost, and has some lower end products overall. Maybe sprinkle a few high end.....all in one sport.

Or.....

Run a promo with more higher end...less spots....higher buy in. Give the option of a rebuy like in a poker tourney, so people could take a credit towards a higher price item if they hit something they don't want.....
Old 12-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #99 (permalink)

Default Collector's Redemption - Can you get lucky in 2013?

With the New Year approaching we all make resolutions on how we would like to change something that has happened to us in the past. As collectors we've all made investments into products or players that were destined for greatness, but never quite lived up to their potential.

My personal flop was choosing to collect from packs the 1989 Topps baseball cards featuring the Gregg Jefferies Future Star rookie card over the 1989 Upper Deck baseball featuring the Ken Griffey Jr rookie card. At the time all I was thinking is what future all star comes out the Mariners program vs the NY Mets? And a $1.00+ a pack for a new baseball card company that was TWICE the price of Topps...the established and trusted brand.

So my promotion is called Collector's Redemption. In the promo, customers can post a story of their worst card collecting investment on the forum. On the website everyone gets a promo code to buy a box of 2012 or 2013 cards of their choosing with a special offer. In the special offer they have the option to get a deep discount on a box of their choosing from older inventory that you would like to slim out. Or they can get lucky on a "redemption" mystery box for $40 that's either a stud or a dud. All stud or duds will be in the same genre as the 2012 or 2013 box they purchased. One or more lucky customers will get a very valuable older box and one or more of the forum's best stories will get a 2012 or 2013 box for free.

You could feature a picture of some of the studs and duds together for the promo.
mebu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #100 (permalink)

I second gdelan1. How about a non-sport promo of any kind?
kal-el38 is offline   Reply With Quote