Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #126 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

My pick would be Jose Canseco!

He has all of the stats that are needed plus i cant name a better player in his era. Every kid that was playing ball was saying " I am jose canseco" as they all chose their favorite players. He changed the game even before all the steriod crap. He deserves in in my eyes. Plus i paid over $100 for his donruss rookie card back in the day, i need it to go back up in value so i can recoupe some of my loss. Lol

Always Looking for different things.... But my PC is Cincy Bengals Rc Auto's (AJ Green & Gio Bernard Mostly)
badsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #127 (permalink)

I would say shoeless joe Jackson.
He was banned because of "suspicion in gambling."
However, no one can really prove that he gambled.
During the series Jackson had 12 hits (record) and a .375 batting average, leading individual statistics for both teams. He committed no errors and threw out a runner at the plate.

A side story

Ty Cobb and sportswriter Grantland Rice went into the liquor store Joe Operated after being banned from baseball. Jackson showed no sign of recognition towards Cobb. After making his purchase, the not so happy Cobb finally asked Jackson, "Don't you know me, Joe?" Jackson replied, "Sure, I know you, Ty, but I wasn't sure you wanted to know me. A lot of them don't."

A player like him shouldn't end his career and life like this.

I hope baseball don't make the same mistake with Pete Rose.
ywjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #128 (permalink)

Dwight Evans!

He was a stud player for the Red Sox and his stats compare favorably (using today's more advanced metrics) to Dave Winfield and Jim Rice.

Twitter: @PorterMan20
PorterMan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #129 (permalink)

Pete rose because no one will come close to his hit record!
773cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #130 (permalink)

Shoeless Joe Jackson

The man is a .350 career hitter

he wasn't the smartest man and couldn't even sign his name. He was caught up in the Sox World Series scandal even after he hit .375 w/ a home run and several RBI

The main thing is as Ted Williams said "He had a lifetime ban and he is no longer alive so the ban should have expired"

If one of the greatest Hitters, baseball players and Americans (Ted left baseball to serve america in war time) think the man should be in the hall of fame that's good enough for me
streicher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #131 (permalink)

Not to condone drug use, but... Dock Ellis. He threw a no hitter while tripping on acid.

Just kidding. As many other members have said, Pete Rose should be in. Need a reason? Just look at all the previous posts.
bassking511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #132 (permalink)

Default Pete Rose

Why should a little gambling keep him out of the Hall....not like he bet on his own team....
chriscje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #133 (permalink)

Default Joe Jackson

Joe Jackson should be in the Hall!

He had the cards stacked against him and the commissioner needed a scap goat and got one!

To this day, I think Joe Jackson was one of the best dead ball era players that ever played the game! He never got his due!
wickedliquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #134 (permalink)

Although his name has been said already over and over it doesn't diminish the fact that he is truly the most deserving man not currently in the HOF. I know he is the easy choice to make here becouse of all the statistics that have already been mentioned. The ball player whom I am refering to is none other than Mr. Pete Rose. Its easy to state the fact that he is the all time hits leader as to why he should be in the HOF. Its easy to jump on the bandwagon and make a case for a man like Pete Rose as theres not much work that actually has to go into it, everyone has already done the work for your argument already. I believe Pete Rose deserves to be in the HOF not only for the already mentioned reasons, but also becouse he is the appitome of what the HOF actually should stand for. To me the HOF is a sacred place where only the truly elite should be enshrined. Over the years I believe that the HOF has gone from being a temple of baseball gods to that of merely baseball greats. I believe that only those who have achieved far reaching results that will expand the game to new heights should ever be enshrined. Guys like Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and Mickey Mantle are baseball men who accomplished things that were so far ahead of their peers that they were elevated to god like status. Pete Rose needs to be allowed in to the HOF to bring back some of the glory in which the HOF was inteded to be. Pete Rose is currently the only ball player who can bring back some of the luster in which the HOF so desperatly lacks. Pete Rose doesn't need the HOF as badly as the HOF truly needs Pete Rose.
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #135 (permalink)

Barry bonds, steroids or not the talent it took to hit like he hit is undeniable.
Cotton69Candy4M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #136 (permalink)

Pete Rose

I know it has been said many times already but he is the glaring omission to the Hall. The Hall of Fame should be about the history of baseball, the good and the bad. Pete Rose represents both sides. To not have Pete Rose or even Shoeless Joe or many of the others players from the 90s that wont get in because of PEDs is leaving out a huge part of the sport. Just because they do not have a plaque in Cooperstown does not mean these actions did not exist. Recognize these great players and acknowledge there faults.

Thanks for the contest.
Gator993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #137 (permalink)

Jim Kaat. His stats compare favorably with Bert Blyleven and other HOFers, and he was a tremendous defensive catcher.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:26 AM   #138 (permalink)

Keith Hernandez. Best defensive first baseman to ever play the game and clutch hitter. 11 consecutive Gold Gloves. 1979 NL MVP and batting champ. 2x World Series champ.
twss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:18 AM   #139 (permalink)

Shoeless Joe Jackson is a huge one on any list. He should be forgiven for something that he may or may not have done! Pete Rose also shouldn't be banned from the Hall for something he did while he was a coach! And it isn't like he was betting AGAINST his team, he bet for his own team to win. It wasn't as big of a deal as people mad it up to be IMO
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:13 AM   #140 (permalink)

ROGER MARIS- Simply put, the LEGIT single season home run champion and Yankees great!
tperks76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #141 (permalink)

Barry Bonds.

Simply put, the most feared hitter for any pitcher.
sfgiantsmadbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #142 (permalink)

I'm with the majority, Pete Rose not being in the hall is BS! But unlike the others, I will give you good reason why he should be in the Hall!

1) If our president of the whole freaking United States ( at the time Bill Clinton) can just pull out his cigar anytime and give to his intern when ever he feels like it and still stay on as president then WHY THE HALL can't Pete Rose make a mistake and still be a Hall member for what he accomplished on the baseball field?

2) If a baseball player can get caught using performance drugs after the know IT'S WRONG but only get a 50 game band but get to come right back and play after the 50 games, then WHY THE HALL can't MR Hustle be in the Hall?

Bottom line, he did something wrong off the field and was punished for it OFF THE FIELD but on the field he was Charlie Hustle, the best hitter of all time, the player that hustled out every hit never slacked off. FOR PETE'S SAKE, Get over the off field drama and put the man in the Hall of Fame or it will never be complete!
MCMANUS72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #143 (permalink)

John Olerud

-Close to a career .300 hitter
-Over 2200 career hits
-Over 250 HRs
-Over 1,200 RBIs
-.398 OBP
-500 career doubles

-Multiple A.S. appearances
-Multiple W.S. titles
-Multiple Gold Gloves
-1993 Batting title (carried a .400 average into August); finished second in 1998
-One of very few players to hit for cycle multiple times
-He was also a very talented pitcher for Washington State
-Was a part of the Mariners team that won 116 games
-Was a part of the Sport Illustrated "Greatest Infield Ever"

His solid stats, superior defense and great intangibles are overshadowed by the Steroid Era. I hope eventually that voters see what a great player he was on multiple winning teams.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #144 (permalink)

I agree with Dick Bertell... after pulling a cut auto and a Heritage buyback stamp /2 of him I did some research, and have found that he does in fact have HOF numbers.
I have thousands of singles listed on Sportlots.com
bryun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #145 (permalink)

Carlos Baerga-
.291 avg, .754 ops in 14 great seasons; 3-time All Star, 2-time Silver Slugger
Broski194 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:21 PM   #146 (permalink)

defintly pete rose he is one of the greatest hitters of all time and deserves to be in the hall of fame
treefer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #147 (permalink)

Maury wills (.281/.330/.331/.661)
did some research on the guy, turns out he has just as good career numbers as guys like ozzie smith (.262/.337/.328/.666) and others that have made it in.
fun little fact, he had 104 steals in 1962, was more then any other TEAM that year. He's won the MVP and a couple gold gloves, wasn't the best hitter but still got it done.
ferrari5515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:51 PM   #148 (permalink)

hands down Joe Jackson. one of the the greatest hitters of all time!
and that story about the liquor store is so cool!
Old 09-17-2012, 04:15 AM   #149 (permalink)

Pete Rose. I'm willing to bet more than dozens of baseball players may actually play fantasy baseball and may even have some money on the line for it. That is no worse than what Rose did. He didn't actually try to manipulate the game.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #150 (permalink)

While there are others that I would prefer to be in the Hall, the question was What player BELONGS in the Hall of Fame. Therefore, I have to say Pete Rose. The all-time leader in hits, a career batting average over .300, Rookie of the Year, MVP, World Series MVP, 16 time all-star, six world series appearances. There is no better resume for the Hall of Fame. It is a Baseball Hall of Fame, not an Intergrity Hall of Fame. If character mattered Ty Cobb wouldn't be in the Hall. I don't like him as a person but he belongs in te Hall of Fame!
hopper42 is offline   Reply With Quote