Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #101 (permalink)

Look, for everyone complaining or wondering how good of deals they might have try using the "search" function for past years Black Friday Threads. You'll be able to get a feel of what you can expect.
bjtheman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #102 (permalink)

I thought last year was rather good. But a day or two before Black Friday last year, they revealed some nice deals. This year is another story. Who knows though, I'm not going to throw a fit until after its over. I'm sure ill buy something, just holding out for that Razor Letterman
Old 11-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
Look, for everyone complaining or wondering how good of deals they might have try using the "search" function for past years Black Friday Threads. You'll be able to get a feel of what you can expect.
The reason everyone is complaining is because in the past they have announced their best deals ahead of time. The doorbusters were fantastic deals while the rest of the sales were about on par with the the weekend specials.

This is really a hope for the best, expect the worst type thing. They're either switching up their marketing technique from years past or the deals really aren't that great this year. Either way I'll still be up and hoping they play up the element of surprise theme!

My Photobucket: http://s526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/mcgoo2_2008/
mcgoo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:22 PM   #104 (permalink)

I really hope to get an answer about how the panini bf packs work.......
Old 11-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tke96 View Post
I really hope to get an answer about how the panini bf packs work.......
Talk to your LCS owner tomorrow...Blowout's Black Friday stuff/orders don't include Black Friday packs, according to everything I've heard and like last year.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #106 (permalink)

Wasn't sure since the fantastic store said they had them in a tweet.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tke96 View Post
Wasn't sure since the fantastic store said they had them in a tweet.
That would be just in-store, not through online purchases.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #108 (permalink)

Where is their store? The homepage lists an address in Sterling but the Fantastic Store is in Chantilly. The Fantastic Store's webpage says they don't open until 9:00 tomorrow.
antrodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #109 (permalink)

Only have 1 LCS here....not the best choice for cards........I may swing by there though.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #110 (permalink)

Default question

Hi quick question about these deals- my billing and shipping address is different and i guess you can't do that, i went to do the order and it was very clear that they had to match-

but they also had an option for check or money order. Does anyone know if you can still do black friday deals and just send in a check or money order? does the address have to match on the check or is it best to just get a money order?

Also- I'm sure they will post other deals too, I think the 2007 Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts is a good deal. Also a few others!

Thanks!
-Amber-
amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgoo2 View Post
The reason everyone is complaining is because in the past they have announced their best deals ahead of time. The doorbusters were fantastic deals while the rest of the sales were about on par with the the weekend specials.

This is really a hope for the best, expect the worst type thing. They're either switching up their marketing technique from years past or the deals really aren't that great this year. Either way I'll still be up and hoping they play up the element of surprise theme!
^^Agreed 100%
Shinypsptitans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #112 (permalink)

I'm glad everyone is complaining and saying they won't bother logging in tomorrow...more stuff for me. So, to all the haters, please sleep in.
Skipscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #113 (permalink)

2010 BF was ok. I was able to grab a couple of the ebay deals at 26.11. 2011 BF was actually quite a bit better in my opinion. I looked through my receipts from last year and found the below two items which match the door buster flyer. Regardless, I'm watching and if I see something that is a good deal, then I'll try to add it to my cart and make it through checkout. Even if I have to deal with the servers not being able to handle the traffic and crashing, I'm not complaining . Side note, Blowout is packaging and shipping throughout the day. I placed ~10-12 orders last year, paid ~10-12 shipping charges, received Tracking info throughout the day and every order shipped separate.

2007 Leaf Limited Football Hobby Box
Doorbuster Deal - $49.95!
2011 BF - Paid $29.99 (limit 1) + shipping

2005/06 Upper Deck SP Signature Edition Basketball Tin/Box
Doorbuster Deal - $39.95!
2011 BF - Paid $24.99 (can't remember if this was limited Qty) + shipping

I also snagged a 2008/09 Skybox gravity box for $59.99 + shipping (Pulled a Rose Metal Universe which graded 9.5) and a 2008 leaf limited football for $49.99 + shipping
mikemaynard25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
Hi quick question about these deals- my billing and shipping address is different and i guess you can't do that, i went to do the order and it was very clear that they had to match-

but they also had an option for check or money order. Does anyone know if you can still do black friday deals and just send in a check or money order? does the address have to match on the check or is it best to just get a money order?

Also- I'm sure they will post other deals too, I think the 2007 Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts is a good deal. Also a few others!

Thanks!
-Amber-
Amber, I would doubt that they would accept money order or check as basically that would be an order hold, but I'm not for certain. I use Paypal as a form of checkout.
mikemaynard25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty91 View Post
and you really think they are going to have worse deals then the teaser?

as posted by BO themselves, "expect the unexpected"

thats good enough for me.
Read the previous posts...I'm saying I expect more good deals tomorrow. I was listing possibilities that most likely won't happen as a response to another poster. Im saying it wouldn't make sense to not have more good deals from both a business standpoint and a customer satisfaction standpoint.

I am expecting the unexpected. Whether they are products I'll will be interested in or able to afford is one thing, but I do expect good deals.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow

P.s. T-Minus 7 hours and counting
Old 11-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #116 (permalink)

This will be my first time looking for BF deals on BO. Of the ones already announced, some look ok, but overall I'm kind of disappointed. I'm specifically looking for non-sports and football. I've actually never bought a hobby box of sports cards, only non-sports, because the prices are a lot higher on average for sports. I've bought a lot of hobby packs of football cards from my local comic book store, dating back to 2007, but they stopped selling them this year. I've also bought retail packs dating back to 2004, as well as blaster boxes. If I want to continue to buy hobby sports cards I have to shop online only. I'm looking forward to watching for the deals tomorrow. I'm thinking about buying 1-2 boxes, perhaps one non-sports and one football.

Last edited by HaloHawk87; 11-23-2012 at 12:53 AM.
HaloHawk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #117 (permalink)

I'm sure there will be better deals, the main problem is you normally can't get the items in time for the best ones. It'll be in your checkout screen, and you click go and it says all gone already.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:34 AM   #118 (permalink)

Can't wait til this starts. I'm hoping to see lots of Non Sports deals.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:59 AM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

Can I get a link to the door buster deals?
marlinscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:24 AM   #120 (permalink)

Didn't even go to bed in fear that my body won't want to get out from under the warm covers. Now the items are going to be posted throughout the day so I'll need caffeine, haha.
Current Non-Sports FS Thread including Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy and more! http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/786317-updated-fs-thread-sons-anarchy-walking-dead-game-thrones-breaking-bad-etc.html
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:57 AM   #121 (permalink)

The deals that are already listed, not the door busters, but the ones they suggest to bring your total to free shipping, do those normally sell out quick or do I have a bit to wait and see what deals might come up to buy some of those?

Because for me it's the other way around, I want to pick up some of those boxes and if I can get a BF deal and get the free shipping from my other boxes I'd do it but would just do the other order right away to make sure I got it if they're going to sell fast as I want that more.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #122 (permalink)

Reporting for Duty!
CheathamHill on ToppsBunt app
WhacksPacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:32 AM   #123 (permalink)

The biggest problem is you have to be right on top of this or the best deals are sold out. Really just annoying and a waste of time.

Dominion for under $300 is sick but when is that going to be available? Who knows.
MatsSun13Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #124 (permalink)

Awesome! Got me a Chrome box and Best of Football in one order for free shipping. Think I am done today. Back to bed? LOL
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:17 AM   #125 (permalink)

So far have passed on the stuff, hoping they put some 2011 bowman draft on sale.
Current Non-Sports FS Thread including Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy and more! http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/786317-updated-fs-thread-sons-anarchy-walking-dead-game-thrones-breaking-bad-etc.html
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote