Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #51 (permalink)

In with the contenders! Cheaper than the sale price per box so to me that's a sure deal
card_monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdile3 View Post
I saw a tweet that 3 more options have been added.... Got really excited, and was all set to buy one, before I even knew what they were.... And then I get on my computer and one is a Benchwarmer (i thought this was a football promo)... The other is a $600 Baseball one (okay maybe this is a steal for all i know, but still at $600 to get in the promo while others are getting in at 225 seems kinda harsh).... And then 4 boxes of 2007 playoff contenders for $325...If it was 3 boxes for around $240, this would have been my choice... But again, the extra $100 just doesn't do it for me.... I'm gonna wait to see if it fills more, but I don't know, I think you could impress us a little more Blowout!!
I agree. I would totally buy in for 3 boxes of Contenders, or 3 boxes of a similar product.

What redemptions are in 2007 Contenders, btw? AP or Lynch?
Old 01-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #53 (permalink)

AP and Lynch are both in there... not redemptions. I'm not really sure who the redemptions are, but either way, Panini will honor them so you should be good to go.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #54 (permalink)

There goes the vikings!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:31 AM   #55 (permalink)

I am willing to say that 16 more entries will lose their ability to be rooted for as of the end of the games tomorrow too.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:04 AM   #56 (permalink)

The more teams eliminated, the more I want out of this....lol......I know it actually has no meaning, but this probably should have been done 2 weeks ago so atleast u could root on your team, I mean I'll be sick to have the vikes and get stuck with the crapola donruss case
twizza12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizza12 View Post
The more teams eliminated, the more I want out of this....lol......I know it actually has no meaning, but this probably should have been done 2 weeks ago so atleast u could root on your team, I mean I'll be sick to have the vikes and get stuck with the crapola donruss case
Agree. I'm probably missing something, but it seems like they could have run the mini-leagues one at a time once they filled a group of 12. Now I won't even have the pleasure of yelling for three hours at the TV after being assigned the Bengals.
pyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #58 (permalink)

The only year that you don't really offer anything from is 2009....Nothing for the winners, and only a box of 2009 SP Authentic for the runners up....I'm a Jets fan so I really like 2009 products (Sanchez and Greene)... Plus Knowshon Moreno and Donnie Brown are both from my hometown and their Broncos/Colts RC autos are in those products too.... Therefore if any 2009 football hobby box lot is made, I will definitely pick at least 1 or 2 up tomorrow to help fill this before too many teams are eliminated.....

These are all general ideas, in line with the prices/discounts offered of the other 4 promo choices. Some might be more realistic than others but hey, the Donruss is a great deal so I guess it all depends on supply and demand. Obviously all prices are give and take to be determined by you guys, this is just a ballpark of what I feel like a lot of football collectors would like....

2009 Bowman Chrome Football Hobby 5-Box Lot - $224.95
2009 Donruss Elite Football Hobby 4-Box Lot - $224.95
2009 Playoff Contenders Football Hobby 4-Box Lot - $224.95 (sticking w/ contenders?)
2009 Upper Deck SP Authentic Football Hobby 3-box lot - $224.95 (best for everyone)
2009 Upper Deck SP Signature Football Hobby 5-box lot $224.95 (clears stock)

2009 Bowman Chrome Football 6-Box Lot - $324.95 (fair price)
2009 Playoff Contenders Football 5-Box Lot - $324.95
2009 Topps Finest Football 3-Box lot - $324.95
2009 Topps Triple Threads Football 2-Box Lot - $324.95
2009 Upper Deck Exquisite Hobby Box - $324.95 (would sell like wildfire, i remember when these boxes are $299 a pop back in the day)

2009 Topps Triple Threads Football 4-Box lot - $599.95
2009 Upper Deck SP Signature 7-Box Lot - $599.95 (47.60 a box)
2009 Upper Deck Black Hobby 4-Box Lot - $599.95 (good deal for BO & customer)
2009 Upper Deck SP Authentic 8-Box Lot - $599.95
2009 Upper Deck Exquisite Hobby 2-Box Lot - $699.95

Anything remotely close to any of these and I'm in today....
mattdile3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #59 (permalink)

I bashed this initially, but the deals actually pretty good guaranteeing everyone a case or their boxes for the buyin..plus you have the chance to win something. No putting in 170 bucks and coming away with 60 dollar boxes like the other promos. But I agree this should've been up sooner and people should know who they have to root for.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #60 (permalink)

hmmm I still have over 2000 cards from last year at this time for Donruss RR (2 cases for promos...ugh)
the sport kings is a decent buy at the price and if you get some thing good which is always a plus, and then getting a team that actually won or is already on a bye would help...

I do have 600 in blowout gift certs from the football promo thanks to megatron and I've been debating on what to blow it on...
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #61 (permalink)

It looks like there are 40 people as of last night. It would be really nice if they stopped at 48 for the first groups so we could get our teams and have someone to root for. I'm in for 2 of these, but have no clue who I want to win!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
It looks like there are 40 people as of last night. It would be really nice if they stopped at 48 for the first groups so we could get our teams and have someone to root for. I'm in for 2 of these, but have no clue who I want to win!
Right, it's billed as a SURVIVOR promo, so the intent is clearly to give us each a chance to root for our draw. If the draw happens after the games have been played, might as well just call it a lottery.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
I agree. Why not random the mini leagues that are already filled??? I joined this to give me a more vested interest in the playoffs. If I don't even know my team, takes all the fun out of it.......

SPARTY ON!
msumarr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #64 (permalink)

There goes the Colts!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #65 (permalink)

I'm sorry, but at this point I'm looking for a refund, and I'll just buy a box or 2... This isn't any fun at all....and it really won't be fun when my name lands on Indy
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #66 (permalink)

9) [/B]The 2013 NFL Playoffs officially begin on Jan 5th, 2013 @ 4:30 PM ET. In the event that all 96 spots are not filled by the start of the playoffs, this promo will still go on. Once the promo does fill completely, the randomization will still award each participant a team as previously planned.
[B][B]

What part of this wasn't clear??

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
9) [/B]The 2013 NFL Playoffs officially begin on Jan 5th, 2013 @ 4:30 PM ET. In the event that all 96 spots are not filled by the start of the playoffs, this promo will still go on. Once the promo does fill completely, the randomization will still award each participant a team as previously planned.
[B][B]

Who said it wasn't clear? I see posts describing ways to make it better, and ways to make it more consistent with its intent.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
[B][B]

It was very clear. I'm just suggesting a random for those already in. They can continue to sell spots to everyone else if they want to get in. I would just like to know who to root for.

I'm sure some people would still do this even after next week and take a chance that they get a team that's still alive, but why make the rest of us wait?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #69 (permalink)

Not about being clear, I just thought it would fill and I'd be able to root a team on...that's not happening, and I doubt this will fill at all...I'd just rather have the money back to buy something..that "clear" enough for ya....lol
Old 01-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #70 (permalink)

I mean c'mon, there's over 50 open spots after wild card weekend...just ain't gonna fill
Old 01-06-2013, 08:21 PM   #71 (permalink)

One last complaint....anyone notice that the "mega" lot, just isn't that mega?
Old 01-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree they aren't the best boxes, but I think it's because they are giving away so much for free. I mean, the Rated Rookie case is not a big gamble at all....If you have the worst case in history you are only out around $60-$70. An average case will only lose around $20-$30....and you have a shot at all the free boxes if your team makes it.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #73 (permalink)

There goes the Redskins!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
One last complaint? Thank the lord since that is all you are doing. Maybe this wasnt the best executed promo. Shouldn't you be glad Blowout even offers these? I enjoy the NCAA promo, last years Super Bowl total grid thing they did and others. People expect too much and feel they are entitled to too much.The rules were there and written quite clearly for you. The mega lot was pictured clearly as well. Only now you decide to complain? Get over it.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
One last complaint? Thank the lord since that is all you are doing. Maybe this wasnt the best executed promo. Shouldn't you be glad Blowout even offers these? I enjoy the NCAA promo, last years Super Bowl total grid thing they did and others. People expect too much and feel they are entitled to too much.The rules were there and written quite clearly for you. The mega lot was pictured clearly as well. Only now you decide to complain? Get over it.
Amen