Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowout-cards-promotions-other-free-giveaways/)
-   -   NEW! Blowout Cards Trivia Challenge! (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowout-cards-promotions-other-free-giveaways/498554-new-blowout-cards-trivia-challenge.html)

blowoutcards2 04-22-2013 04:12 PM

NEW! Blowout Cards Trivia Challenge!

Forum Members,

We are testing out a new feature for the forums and would appreciate your feedback.

Please register and take the Blowout Cards Trivia Challenge (Beta Test Mode). Once you're done, feel free to post any ideas or suggestions that you may have. We'll give away some prizes to random participants!

[URL="http://www.blowouttrivia.com/trivia_user/login/2"]Blowout Trivia Challenge (Beta)
[/URL]
Thanks!

[B][COLOR=red]-Blowout Kentucky Derby Trivia Just Added ![/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=red][B]-Blowout Autograph Quiz Just Added ![/B][/COLOR]

mgsenny 04-25-2013 08:57 AM

Great quiz. Maybe make it so that you don't need to create a new login for the quiz. Would there be a way to just already be able to log in with your forum name instead of making a new one?

I really liked the variety of trivia question. My only critique on that was the lack of basketball. Other than that, awesome stuff!

EDIT: I didn't realize there were more than 20 questions and you could get a variety of them. I guess then my changed critique would be to maybe make it so that you always will get questions from all sports as my first quiz go through had no basketball questions.

wvwebcrawler 04-25-2013 09:00 AM

That was fun. Like the timing aspect where you have to make quick decisions in a hurry. Please note: You have to register for this before you can play. Thanks for creating such a great quiz game.

cardtrader22 04-25-2013 09:01 AM

Very fun concept and I love trivia/Jeopardy type stuff....my only suggestion is the "clock sound" - it is a little loud, so perhaps have the base volume for the clock set lower.

Thanks,
Brian

Addison 04-25-2013 09:13 AM

Perhaps also general trivia such as history or science!

SethMurphy 04-25-2013 09:13 AM

Love it, 18/20 and at the top of the leader board right now

Also you spelled Megatron wrong

dd316 04-25-2013 09:18 AM

That was pretty cool.

JusRelax 04-25-2013 09:54 AM

That was pretty fun! My sports trivia knowledge apparently sucks though, only got 45% correct, haha. I agree with others -- make it so you don't have to create a new login (maybe reference the blowout forums login). I'd probably lower the timer to about 15 seconds per question; 30 seconds is long enough for someone to research the answer if they're quick.

eman316 04-25-2013 10:03 AM

That was pretty cool. I'm also not as smart as I thought I was as I only got 55% right, lol.
Since I'm home with my 3 year old daughter who broke her leg, it was a nice distraction and actually got my brain thinking about something not named Dora the Explorer or Care Bears, lol.
I like it and hope to see more trivia games!

mgsenny 04-25-2013 11:04 AM

I've been addicted! Can't stop taking this quiz trying to beat my best score but now it says service is unavailable. I guess you're doing work on it? If so, very fast turnaround. Thanks!

davidsemo 04-25-2013 11:08 AM

didnt run for me. poo

ohio_mba 04-25-2013 11:15 AM

Hope it starts to work again soon. I would love to try this out because I love trivia games.

ASBacdayan 04-25-2013 11:20 AM

Attempted to take it, but it was down at the moment.

metsy617 04-25-2013 12:39 PM

nice twist, oh and all 20 right and on top of leader board as of now

kjsboulder 04-25-2013 12:41 PM

User interface not quite intuitive. Still not sure if I had to reregister or if it accurately mapped my password from the forums. Might be nice if it knew when I was already logged in to the forums, because I could not find my password there. I think I chose to save it then forgot it. Entertaining. And did reveal how little I knew about some things.

philpot20 04-25-2013 12:52 PM

Awesome idea keeps me busy at work trying to beat my last score. Maybe you could split up and have different sections though like baseball trivia, basketball, football, hockey etc so you could test in what you know most

robchik04 04-25-2013 01:07 PM

FUN...

Fun stuff... Good time waster. Maybe you could center promotions around it? Dont allow multiple test sessions per promotion. Maybe make the promotion relevant to what's happening, ie NFL Draft Trivia etc.

ballcaps21 04-25-2013 01:10 PM

I like it! I also like that if you play more then once the questions change.

miamitrev2 04-25-2013 01:17 PM

clock sound was too loud. provide correct answers assuming you can only take the quiz 1x on the scoring page it was fun though

mebu22 04-25-2013 01:37 PM

I would have liked to know the correct answers at the end.

In fact, you could revise the scoring and timing that's reflective of how quickly and how accurately you answer. For example...a player starts out with 20 seconds to play the game and answer the first question. If they get it right on the first try the timer adds 4 seconds and they get 4 points then the next question automatically appears. If the answer is wrong, they have to continue to answer the same question until it is correct. If they get it on the second try (3 choices left) they have 3 seconds added and 3 points to their score...so on and so forth (2 choices) 2 seconds added and 2 points. If they exhaust all options it moves to the next question automatically, no time is added and no points are awarded. This would push both speed, accuracy and score...allowing you to run until the time runs out or they've answered all the questions, whichever happens first.

Also, make it into a mobile app for IOS and Adroid.

blueguy 04-25-2013 01:38 PM

Game froze on question #8. Clock kept going but the "next" button wouldn't work.

groundsupport 04-25-2013 02:13 PM

It's actually pretty tough.

devilsh3312 04-25-2013 02:14 PM

Pretty fun quiz. Like others have said maybe no need for the new login.

wphill02 04-25-2013 03:02 PM

Pretty cool. At first, I didn't realize I had to register there as well. You might want to make that more visible on the front page so people don't waste time trying to log in without registering first.

groundsupport 04-25-2013 03:05 PM

Good luck breaking my time everyone...