Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!)

Blowout Cards Promotions! (And Other FREE Giveaways!) Try to Win a FREE Box of cards & other awesome free giveaways, contests, and promotions!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 06:00 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryw View Post
^^^^^^^^ this

their competitor has these for 109.95 so id assume they would be selling them for close to that so they making around 90 dollars on top of their original markup...I understand the need to profit...but ill be passing on this promo...which sucks because I was super excited when I got the email
If the competitor you are referencing is who I think it is, I can actually get this exact same case for $100 even, due to being a Premier member there. Why would I pay double for the same product? And no, it's not a New Years special price, it's a Clearance price. Since it says your front page that if I show you a competitor's price, you'll match it, can show you a competitor with this listed at $100 and have you match it so I get into the promo for $100 instead of $199.48?

Last edited by Shogun2049; 01-04-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #27 (permalink)

Man I was all about this until I saw the box. I think I will take my $200 somewhere else, GLWS. It was a good idea BO, but whoever chdoe the product needs to be fired.

Last edited by jsnake89; 01-04-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #28 (permalink)

This is an absolute disaster, basically blowoutcards is trying to make a #@#@#@#@ load of money off of us which is a horrible idea, Im thinking im going to have to start shopping somewhere else, people dont enjoy getting ripped off.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:42 AM   #29 (permalink)

Also a few days ago this case was only 119.00 dollars they raised the price 80 dollars to make even more money off of us, its pretty safe to say they have made a lot of members mad over this horrible promotion.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:42 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtheman1 View Post
Same here! Save these boxes for Black Friday door buster deals. LoL
Guess where I got my case of them.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #31 (permalink)

This place is always good for a laugh. This one is a "laugher".
Old 01-04-2014, 05:00 PM   #32 (permalink)

I will say this though, Look at what they are giving out in gift cards to 4 people....a total of $9,000 in company money. Now, lets do the math.....

Price for this Contest: $200
Max Number of people: 100
Total Money from sales: $20,000
Minus Money to be given away: $9,000
Total Profit: $11,000!!!!!

Now, what if it was at the original price of $120.00 and they did free shipping for it

Original price: $120
Total Money from sales: $12,000
Total Profit: $3,000

Now, lets say they meet us at around $150

Fantasy price: $150
Total Money from sales: $15,000
Total Profit: $6,000

So right now, if they fill all 100 spots, they are making $11,000 IN PROFIT! If they would have just upped the price to just $150, more people would have bought it and still made a decent profit of $6,000. There is not much demand for that product right now, as there is only 5 people in the contest, as of when I typed this message, and everyone else cannot afford it. I do honestly think that if Blowout lowered the price to $150, there would be more interest as they are still making a decent profit in my opinion. NOTE: THIS IS GOING OFF OF WHAT INFO WE HAVE AT THE MOMENT, NOT CONSIDERING WHAT BLOWOUT PAID FOR THE 100+ CASES!

Last edited by racinghy; 01-04-2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: 'Fatal Flaw' found
Old 01-04-2014, 05:07 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinghy View Post
I will say this though, Look at what they are giving out in gift cards to 4 people....a total of $9,000 in company money. Now, lets do the math.....

Price for this Contest: $200
Total Money from sales: $20,000
Total Profit: $11,000!!!!!

Now, what if it was at the original price of $120.00 and they did free shipping for it

Original price: $120
Total Money from sales: $12,000
Total Profit: $3,000

Now, lets say they meet us at around $150

Fantasy price: $150
Total Money from sales: $15,000
Total Profit: $6,000

So right now, if they fill all 100 spots, they are making $11,000 IN PROFIT! If they would have just upped the price to just $150, more people would have bought it and still made a decent profit of $6,000. There is not much demand for that product right now, as there is only 5 people in the contest, as of when I typed this message, and everyone else cannot afford it. I do honestly think that if Blowout lowered the price to $150, there would be more interest as they are still making a decent profit in my opinion.
This isn't exactly accurate. 20,000 - 9,000 in prizes is 11,000. Then you have to factor in the cost of the score cases. Let's say when they were selling them for 120, they were making 33% profit. That means the cost of the boxes was 80, so 80 x 100 is 8000. 11,000 - 8,000 is 3,000 profit.

If they charged 150 a slot and started with 15,000 using the same numbers would actually net them a loss of 2000.

Of course this is assuming a Blowout case cost of $80. They may have paid more or less, but you certainly can't assume a profit of 11000 and not take into consideration their cost of the product that they are selling.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
This isn't exactly accurate. 20,000 - 9,000 in prizes is 11,000. Then you have to factor in the cost of the score cases. Let's say when they were selling them for 120, they were making 33% profit. That means the cost of the boxes was 80, so 80 x 100 is 8000. 11,000 - 8,000 is 3,000 profit.

If they charged 150 a slot and started with 15,000 using the same numbers would actually net them a loss of 2000.

Of course this is assuming a Blowout case cost of $80. They may have paid more or less, but you certainly can't assume a profit of 11000 and not take into consideration their cost of the product that they are selling.
AHHHHH, I FORGOT ABOUT WHAT THEY WERE BUYING IT FOR! :/ great call on catching my fatal flaw on that....it was a good idea in my head though
Old 01-04-2014, 06:20 PM   #35 (permalink)

Actually, racinghy, only 4 people have bought in as of your post. 1 of them bought 2 cases. Still don't see this being a success as there has been a HUGE backlash from the Blowout community. A price drop would help a little bit, but it is still Score Football Blasters, which are not known to contain very many auto's or even numbered cards. I've been buying Score Blasters since 2010 and after 1 or 2 dozen Blasters, never have I pulled an auto, and this is buying them from multiple Walmarts and Targets across 2 states.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun2049 View Post
Actually, racinghy, only 4 people have bought in as of your post. 1 of them bought 2 cases. Still don't see this being a success as there has been a HUGE backlash from the Blowout community. A price drop would help a little bit, but it is still Score Football Blasters, which are not known to contain very many auto's or even numbered cards. I've been buying Score Blasters since 2010 and after 1 or 2 dozen Blasters, never have I pulled an auto, and this is buying them from multiple Walmarts and Targets across 2 states.
Ah, true true. I actually would rather get a hanger pack sometimes and I hit a redemption for Jarvis Jones RC Blue Spectrum Autograph in my latest hit. I usually never get cards from retail stores, but I may try the hanger packs more often.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #37 (permalink)

Why doesn't everyone take this for what it is? A Super Bowl pool. You're buying a box for $200 for a chance to win one of the prizes and getting a case of Score. Except Blowout can't say that. So they say buy a case of Score and get a box in the pool. This way you're gambling but not really gambling. Get it?

Kudos to blowout for continually running these pools and promos.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:56 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbots View Post
Why doesn't everyone take this for what it is? A Super Bowl pool. You're buying a box for $200 for a chance to win one of the prizes and getting a case of Score. Except Blowout can't say that. So they say buy a case of Score and get a box in the pool. This way you're gambling but not really gambling. Get it?

Kudos to blowout for continually running these pools and promos.
Great but I am buying a box of junk for $100 and basically paying $100 for the entry. Atleast charge $200 for something other than retail blasters. People will buy junk to get in these pools including me( tiger woods dolls, jon bones jones dolls etc). This though is alot of money for base cards.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:11 AM   #39 (permalink)

I wouldn't call 2012 Score FB blasters junk. You're getting 20 of them. If you set up at shows, I'd expect that you could sell them out quickly at $5 apiece. Luck rookie and Wilson rookie are great enticers for people who love to bust wax. Can you sell them at $10 apiece? Possibly, especially if you're in the right market or the Colts and Seahawks advance to the Super Bowl.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:42 AM   #40 (permalink)

Thumbs down

I've run, or bought into, hundreds of box pools, which is what this is, and the standard kickback is 10%. This was a terrible idea, anyone that defends BO on this promo has obviously failed their math class. I always go to BO before anyone else, but this really made me angry, probably looking elsewhere for products in the future.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:57 AM   #41 (permalink)

I still don't understand everyone's whole "overhead" concept

Your getting 20 Blasters that retailed $20 each when they came out it are now priced at $10 each aka the $200

The giftcards for the winners are extra!!!!!!

Blowout is still selling product in this promo....yes it's some low end stuff but it's for a chance at $5000 that they are giving away. Could they use any product in these promos? Yes they could but think of it on a business side this is a chance to move inventory that doesn't normally move.

In just glad that most of these promos are in a price range where I can usually get into them....most companies make you buy a lot more to even have a chance at something big like this

And before anyone asks if I have gotten into this promo yet well I haven't but I have been trying to get a few group breaks going in other places because I would rather pay a small price for a 1/100 shot at some freeeeeee Money even if it means we are paying for a crappy product

If this promo turns you away from buying from Blowout then please for the love of god ask for your account on here too to be deactivated because if you don't want to buy from them I don't think you should use their forums
Old 01-05-2014, 03:25 AM   #42 (permalink)

Wut??????????

Last edited by Bigbadbloom; 01-06-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:26 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post

Your getting 20 Blasters that retailed $20 each when they came out it are now priced at $10 each aka the $200

Blowout is still selling product in this promo....yes it's some low end stuff but it's for a chance at $5000 that they are giving away. Could they use any product in these promos? Yes they could but think of it on a business side this is a chance to move inventory that doesn't normally move.

In just glad that most of these promos are in a price range where I can usually get into them....most companies make you buy a lot more to even have a chance at something big like this

And before anyone asks if I have gotten into this promo yet well I haven't but I have been trying to get a few group breaks going in other places because I would rather pay a small price for a 1/100 shot at some freeeeeee Money even if it means we are paying for a crappy product

If this promo turns you away from buying from Blowout then please for the love of god ask for your account on here too to be deactivated because if you don't want to buy from them I don't think you should use their forums

so its a good break just not at 200
Old 01-05-2014, 04:48 AM   #44 (permalink)

It probably costs blowout $15 to ship each of the cases as well? No?
Thanks for all the promos guys, I will not complain about it but I will also be passing.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:50 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbloom View Post
^^^^Does your nose ever stop smelling like poo^^^^^^^
Blowout does so many great promos, no reason for everyone to come in and bash the one they don't like. If its not for you, move along.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:14 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post

If you checked what we all said, there's a few of us, probably actually most of us, who can find this exact case of 20 blasters for $100 instead of $200. Why would I buy them at $10 each when I can buy them at $5 each? Some of us are economical with our cash and try to get as much for our dollar as possible.

My problem was that they sent out a mass email that promoted this as being an epic promo. Does a case of 2012 Score Football blasters sound epic to you? It doesn't to me AND I'M ONE OF THE BIGGEST SUPPORTERS OF SCORE AROUND HERE! I'm not exactly a highly paid person, so I stick to the lower/middle end of things. For me, buying Crown Royale is the highest end I can go on cards so Score is right in my budget. I buy 2 or 3 hobby boxes and about 5-10 blasters of Score each year. Now that they don't number the insert cards, I'm stuck with so many Scorecard, Gold Zone, and Red Zone insert cards that I can't even move at $1 per card. The resell value of Score is gone now.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:07 AM   #47 (permalink)

Can someone please pm me this other website that I can get a case of this stuff for 100 bucks AND have a chance to win a $5000 shopping spree? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:22 PM   #48 (permalink)

I think its just that BO always has amazing promos and every1 was excited for this one because it was great last year

Theres no choice of products and its a weak product to begin with...

Every1 is used to BO amazing offers so every1 is a bit surprised

thats all... i will lookout for the next promo!
Old 01-05-2014, 01:06 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro318 View Post
Blowout does so many great promos, no reason for everyone to come in and bash the one they don't like. If its not for you, move along.
By no means was I bashing Blowouts promo. I wish all of the participants the best of luck! And thank you volunteer BO police in telling me to move along
Old 01-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #50 (permalink)

I wished they did the same promo like last year. They had different boxes and cases to choose from.
Closed Thread