Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > THE BLOWOUT "HOT LIST"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Quick Market Update for Friday:

2012 Bowman Baseball is on a tear...Many of the boxes/Cases have been amazing but there is a clear preferance towards the Jumbos for most of the breakers. Pricing has spiked to the $175-$185 range on Jumbos and Hobby in the $75-$80 range. Pricing will probably stablize in the next week and then where it goes in the next 6-12 months is anyones guess. My gut feeling is that it will continue to sell well. 2010 Bowman Jumbos peaked around $250 a Box while 2011 Bowman Jumbos are in a upward trend currently towards $200. Are there better prospects in 2012 than 2010 + 2011? That's what will determine how high the 2012 will go.

Continue to keep an eye on S.Strasburg and B.Harper. It's basically a daily watch on their performances and card values. Game by game, values seem to be increasing in their rookie products. I can just tell you based on website sales that collectors are focused on those products with Strasburg and Harper. At some point, I think we will see a big pop. It may be when Harper has his first few Home runs or 3 for 4 games. It may be when Strasburg pitches a complete game shutout or K's 15+. Whatever the scenario, collectors are just hoping for that moment and waiting to fuel the fire.

Alot of attention has now shifted this week towards the 2012 Bowman Chrome Baseball presells. Many of you already know that Topps has announced a sell out on several upcoming releases. Bowman Chrome has not been one of them yet since it was just recently solicited. We except that announcement to be coming soon and when it does, 2012 Bowman Chrome will make a move higher.

Here are a few other products that are moving. Keep an eye on:

2012 Topps Olympics- The autos from this product will go for huge money when the olympics start. The world will be watching and non-collectors will hit ebay for Autos of these young americans.

2011/12 Panini Preferred Basketball-Quietly ticking much higher. Big time single values and from what we are hearing, the effort taken to make this product may not be replicated again. Could be a one and done which will create long term upside similar to a UD Black or UD Premier brand.

2011 Football products- The early focus will be on 2012 but going by past performance, it usually takes 6-8 weeks for Rookies to make a impact on the collecting market. While the majority of people are looking at the new products with RG and Luck, 2011 products will have alot more upside because it is a Rookie class that people want to collect and also because the supply is considertably less now that we are into the 2012 products. I think there is alot of upside in 2011 products across the board.

Keep an eye on a Rittenhouse product coming soon called Game of Thrones. Based on a Hit HBO series, this could be the next Walking Dead type phenomenon. Although going from $60-$200 a Box like walking dead would be a stretch, these could easily go from $60-$100 a Box once the autos hit. There is a huge following for the Autos of these characters.

More to come as we hear anything....have a great weekend everyone and look for our Specials on Boxes & Cases this weekend.

Thanks
Chris

Please note: If your looking for multiple Case pricing on products that are Live or Presells, feel free to email me directly at Chris@blowoutcards.com
I'm always willing to work with collectors and will do my best to earn your business!
blowoutcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowoutcards View Post
2010 Bowman Jumbos peaked around $250 a Box while 2011 Bowman Jumbos are in a upward trend currently towards $200.
That seems a bit low on the the 2010 Bowman Jumbo boxes.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
That seems a bit low on the the 2010 Bowman Jumbo boxes.
I remember them at $325 a box for quite a while.
Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I remember them at $325 a box for quite a while.
For a short period they were $350+ easily.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tim

this will be interesting. 2010's big prospect was playing at the major league level during the case breaks. 2011's big prospect was hyped beyond belief. 2012 does not have a prospect (darvish helps but is a "rookie") in the majors BUT has a much deeper class.
Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

You guys are correct...2010 was much higher during the peak
blowoutcards is online now   Reply With Quote