Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - ALL OTHER SPORTS (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowoutcards-product-information-pages-all-other-sports/)
-   -   2011 Leaf Legends of Sport (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowoutcards-product-information-pages-all-other-sports/241504-2011-leaf-legends-sport.html)

blowoutcards2 01-13-2012 12:10 PM

2011 Leaf Legends of Sport

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][B][COLOR=Red]We have listed the product information below. Please post any BOX Breaks, YOUTUBE Videos, or comments related to this product. Our goal is to compile all of the information for this product on this THREAD so that members can come to one place to view all of the Breaks and Information.[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]

Please click the links below to purchase this product by the Box or Case

CASE[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][URL="http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=6511"]
[B]2012 Leaf Legends of Sport Trading Cards 12 Box Case[/B]
[/URL]
[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
BOX[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][URL="http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_11&products_id=6512"]
[B]2012 Leaf Legends of Sport Trading Cards Box[/B]
[/URL]

[B]2011 Leaf Legends of Sport

[/B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman]This exciting early 2012 release features one of the strongest multi-sport Hall of Fame and superstar checklists of all time. This premium trading card release features 120pt thick autographed cards by some of sport's biggest names... [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Look for exciting autograph subsets, including:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Award Winners - signed cards featuring those athletes who have been distinguished by major awards[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Moments of Greatness - signed cards featuring specific career highlights of some of sport's greatest names[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Remembering the Games- signed cards featuring former Olympians who made America proud [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Numeration - signed cards numbered to the featured players jersey number [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Perennial All-Stars - signed cards numbered to the number of All-Star games in which the featured player appeared [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Dual Signatures - featuring dual signed cards of sports greats (including the first Ichiro / Pete Rose dual auto)[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]In addition, Look for cut signature cards featuring Sports Legends such as:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Babe Ruth --- Sandy Koufax --- Hank Aaron --- Roberto Clemente --- Joe Namath AND MANY MORE……[/FONT]

[COLOR=red][FONT=Times New Roman]EVERY CARD IN THE PRODUCT IS AUTOGRAPHED. EVERY CARD NUMBERED TO 50 OR LESS (LOOK FOR PARALLELS AS LIMITED AS 1/1!!!!!)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Times New Roman]3 SIGNED CARDS PER BOX[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]12 BOXES PER CASE[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]UNDER 250 CASES WILL BE PRODUCED[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu273/blowoutcards/NEW%20ASDF/legendsofsport.jpg[/IMG]
[/FONT]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

mwheeler27 01-13-2012 12:18 PM

Looks like another Sportkings knockoff. :)

Donruss tried it. Upper deck tried it. Leaf might as well try it too. ;)

kakman 01-13-2012 12:37 PM

Agree with wheels. And are they planning to use stickers?

jasondeanmartin 01-14-2012 04:09 PM

I don't see why they would advertise a product (especially the autographed cards) with autos that clearly are NOT from that player.

It's more of a script font on the cards that makes me think facsimile.

mwheeler27 01-14-2012 05:22 PM

[QUOTE=jasondeanmartin;2092332]I don't see why they would advertise a product (especially the autographed cards) with autos that clearly are NOT from that player.

It's more of a script font on the cards that makes me think facsimile.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying that Mia Hamm and Mike Piazza don't make their "M" the same, as shown? ;)

The autos do look pretty, don't they.

mwheeler27 01-14-2012 05:46 PM

[QUOTE=kakman;2087605]Agree with wheels. [B]And are they planning to use stickers?[/B][/QUOTE]

From Brian Gray himself posted in another forum:

[I][B]They will indeed be stickers.[/B]

Unlike our competitors, our premium products do not have 3 gazillion versions of every card (i.e. Triple Threads). For this reason, our very low numbered cards are truly short (not artificially short).

When we work with players, they demand a single signing when we are doing the small quanitites we are. In addition, many times these player opportunities (i.e. a RARE guy like Piazza) come on mega-short notice with absolutely no time to print cards. In addition, it allows us to develop a checklist as we go and not be forced to exclude great opportunities when they pop up.

Overall, I can sum it up for you... Our tiny print runs are great, but come at a cost.
We have to use unbelievable flexibility to facilitate doing the size deals we need to to keep costs down and make items truly limited.

I am not a fan of stickers. You guys know this.
I do on-card whenever possible.
Hopefully, you know by now that I do not use stickers out of laziness (as I know some companies do).

I only use stickers when necessary.

Leaf is striving to go on-card with as many sets as possible (and to a large extent we are succeeding).
I would guess that sets like Pop Century and Legends of Sport are going to be stickers until that time we are ready to sacrifice value/quality of names to do so.

BG[/I]

So.....upper deck, Donruss, and now Leaf have tried to imitate Sportkings, yet ALL THREE have used sticker autos. :rolleyes:

I wonder why Dr. Price can have 100% on-card autos without all the excuses, and the others cannot?

kyle1707 01-15-2012 01:20 AM

Stickers or no stickers...

Leaf has done a great job.. IMO

Signing Nicklaus Rose Ichiro and Ali

With only 250 cases being made...

This looks really nice....

Topps has struggled at this price point.. "high End"

I don't think we will see this filled with 3rd year prospects autos #999

Im looking forward to it

mwheeler27 01-15-2012 01:46 AM

[QUOTE=kyle1707;2095410]Stickers or no stickers...

Leaf has done a great job.. IMO

Signing Nicklaus Rose Ichiro and Ali

With only 250 cases being made...

This looks really nice....

Topps has struggled at this price point.. "high End"

I don't think we will see this filled with 3rd year prospects autos #999

Im looking forward to it[/QUOTE]

I can't collect something with stickers when I can collect something else without them. SK already made on-card autos of Nicklaus, Rose and Ali. They had print runs of approximately 250 cases in Series A and B. Series C and D had around 150 cases.

It will be fun comparing Legends of Sport to Sportkings. Series E will release this year as well. I know which one I'm excited about.

clarencewhirly 01-15-2012 01:07 PM

I usually love leaf/razor stuff and don't care about sport kings at all, but I have to agree that the stickers aren't good. With a price point of $50/card, there are ways to make the cards more attractive, even if the signatures can't truly be "on card". For instance, having them sign blank cards, then cutting the autos from these cards and showing it through a window.

obzezzed 01-15-2012 08:25 PM

Is the Babe Ruth gonna be a sticker auto? :D

kgsportscards 02-12-2012 04:15 PM

My two box break! I am super impressed with this product, not because I scored pretty well but I really like the designs, player selection and low print runs. Check my box break vid below and the scan!

Hey all,

Wow, I went by a LCS today and picked up two boxes of 2011 Leaf Legends of Sport and my luck was off the hook. I bought one box and opened it in the store and my gf bought me the other box, the one I rip on camera, for valentines day! So I saved that one to rip at home and recorded it. What a gift!

[url=http://youtu.be/VD_9bN6DkAU]2011 Leaf Legends of Sport Box Break Double Mojo - YouTube[/url]

[IMG]http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc464/kgsportscards/2011LeafBestOfSport2Box001.jpg[/IMG]
Box 1:
ICHIRO Suzuki Perennial All-Stars Printing Plate Yellow Auto #1/1
Whitey Herzog 2010 Hall Of Fame Induction Auto #04/16
Billy Williams Award Winners Auto #2/5
Box 2:
Earl Weaver Moments of Greatness Printing Plate Black Auto #1/1
Earl Weaver Moments of Greatness Auto #12/15
Orlando Cepeda Award Winners #36/50

mwheeler27 02-12-2012 05:31 PM

It's too bad those are all sticker autos. On-card autos would have been so much better.

enjoyale81 02-12-2012 07:39 PM

It's got jockeys----woo hoo!

luckyboxbreaks 02-03-2013 12:22 PM

2012 Leaf Legends of Sport Checklist?

I was wondering where I could find the checklist to all the players that come in 2012 Leaf Legends of Sport?

alan1899 02-04-2013 10:48 AM

[QUOTE=luckyboxbreaks;4171043]I was wondering where I could find the checklist to all the players that come in 2012 Leaf Legends of Sport?[/QUOTE]

Me too!!!!