Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages (PIP) Info Page > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - ALL OTHER SPORTS

Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - ALL OTHER SPORTS Golf, Racing, Wresting, UFC, Tennis, Multi-sport,etc...Card Product Information, Sell Sheets, Box Breaks, YouTube Videos, Ebay Singles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishhedberg View Post
I'd host this one. I just need to wait until blowout has the information up for it.
Awesome, just PM when you're good to go.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:28 AM   #27 (permalink)

love to join the GB, this is the first wrestling product that has rEALLR REALLY appealed to me..

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd host this one. I just need to wait until blowout has the information up for it.
If you can't end up hosting it for some reason, I could be a backup since ive done a few before lol. I'm excited for this product!
Philippians 4:13
http://s1001.photobucket.com/home/shawnholmes2003/allalbums
mavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #29 (permalink)

I would like in on the Group Break. Let me know when it gets active.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #30 (permalink)

I would like some slots on this too please if one gets going. I could also host if need be.
lexus2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
How much was the MSRP you found, vader?

EDIT: Looks like $77-ish for a box, probably cheaper on Blowout. If that's the case, I'm willing to buy up a handful of slots in a group break, if you guys are in.
Yep right on.

2 to go for the 2012 TNA Reflexxions set! Paying well for on card autos I still need.
gentlevader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:52 PM   #32 (permalink)

I would be in for a group break in a heartbeat! Any info or list on all the signers?
luxzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxzombie View Post
I would be in for a group break in a heartbeat! Any info or list on all the signers?
Just what we know from the flyer. I'm willing to bet we'll see some "lesser" old school guys, which is a-okay by me. I'd love to see guys like DDP, Shane Douglas, Koko B. Ware, Ron Simmons, etcetera, though I'm also good with '70s guys like Backlund, Patterson, or the Funks too. I'm such a wrestling mark that I'd be happy with about any pull. I'd even love to see wrestling journalism pioneer Bill Apter in this, or even bookers from the era. Cash permitting, I plan on getting about 6-8 slots in this.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #34 (permalink)

I'd really like to get a box of this but I'd rather wait to see the full checklist but chances are that won't even be made available until around release, right?
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #35 (permalink)

$80 per box on blowout...

2012 Leaf Originals Wrestling Hobby Box - $79.99 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store

$930 per case

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.ph...oducts_id=6840

hmm...quick math...$930 per case...12 boxes per case...5 cards per box....60 total hits....

$930 / 60 = $15.50 per hit....add in shipping and supplies, so it would probably run around $20 per slot

I'd still be in for a few

Last edited by Dacubs; 04-27-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #36 (permalink)

Before factoring in shipping, supplies and paypal fees, that comes out to $15.50 per hit slot.

I was also thinking of running it as a team break of sorts but instead of Teams it would be by the letter. So, there would be 26 slots (A-Z) and you would get all the cards associated with that letter (For instance if you got H and we pulled a Scott Hall and Hulk Hogan, those would both go to the H slot). With that setup a slot would be $35.75 before factoring in shipping, supplies and fees. This option of course is more of a boom or bust option.
catfishhedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Before factoring in shipping, supplies and paypal fees, that comes out to $15.50 per hit slot.

I was also thinking of running it as a team break of sorts but instead of Teams it would be by the letter. So, there would be 26 slots (A-Z) and you would get all the cards associated with that letter (For instance if you got H and we pulled a Scott Hall and Hulk Hogan, those would both go to the H slot). With that setup a slot would be $35.75 before factoring in shipping, supplies and fees. This option of course is more of a boom or bust option.
interesting concept...would have to see what the checklist looked like before taht though, some letters might be totally shafted and have no shot ("Q" maybe??)

lots of ways this could be done, hit random, alpha, hit draft...whatever makes it easier for you
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #38 (permalink)

I'm only in for a hit draft for this. Team drafts always leave someone with a tear in their beer, and beers is for drinkin'. Or something.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #39 (permalink)

Huge wrestling mark myself. I just hope the full list is long. Lots of guys and ladies I would like to see in this set. To Zoop, one of the main reasons I am going to the H.O.F in Iowa in July is to meet Bill Apter.
luxzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxzombie View Post
Huge wrestling mark myself. I just hope the full list is long. Lots of guys and ladies I would like to see in this set. To Zoop, one of the main reasons I am going to the H.O.F in Iowa in July is to meet Bill Apter.
Awesome! Try to get into an impression-off with him, he's got a few good ones.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 PM   #41 (permalink)

I'd also like to make the case for a hit draft by saying that, unlike sports card drafts, everyone values certain wrestlers over others, so even if you don't get #1, you have a good chance at walking away with something you enjoy. For example, you won't catch me drafting Kevin Nash or Shawn Michaels, which someone is bound to value. I'd take a Bobby Heenan way before those guys, or a Bret Hart. Anyway, just some food for thought.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #42 (permalink)

I'd love to see the full checklist for this one too. Although I don't watch wrestling really anymore, I watched up until about 2007 and love the guys that I grew up watching in the 80's and 90's. It would neat too if they did a product that had cut autos of deceased wrestlers like Curt Hennig, Rick Rude and Ray Traylor (Big Bossman).
catfishhedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd love to see the full checklist for this one too. Although I don't watch wrestling really anymore, I watched up until about 2007 and love the guys that I grew up watching in the 80's and 90's. It would neat too if they did a product that had cut autos of deceased wrestlers like Curt Hennig, Rick Rude and Ray Traylor (Big Bossman).
Was thinking cut autos would be huge to me, too. Doubtful since it's not advertised. Owen, Hennig, Rude, Macho Man, the original Sheik, Captain Lou, Moolah, Lou Thesz, Bulldogs, Lord Alfred Hayes, Bam Bam Bigelow, Eddie Guerrero, Killer Kowalski, JYD, Andre the Giant and many others. We've lost too many good talents. Bums me out. Maybe if this does well we will get them in a future series?
Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #44 (permalink)

I'd be happy to host this break if you guys need someone to do it. I just ask that if someone pulls Heenan and they are going to sell, give me the first crack at it. No tandem was better than Heenan and Monsoon.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #45 (permalink)

Hell, I'm game for multiple breaks.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #46 (permalink)

Do you guys want me to start a thread under the GB section? We have the info and are ready to go. I could do a by the hit if catfish wanted to do the draft hit. Idk if there would be enough interest though. Lmk what you guys think.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan View Post
Do you guys want me to start a thread under the GB section? We have the info and are ready to go. I could do a by the hit if catfish wanted to do the draft hit. Idk if there would be enough interest though. Lmk what you guys think.
Start it up and we can iron out the logistics over there, for sure.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #48 (permalink)

Definitely interested in a group break of this! Would prefer hit draft, or random hit over the letter idea.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #49 (permalink)

Alright guys, waiting for a MOD to approve the thread I made under Testing Waters for GB. Will let everyone know when it is ready, it was by the hit.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #50 (permalink)

Looks like the break never went through. What's the usual ETA for those to get approved?