Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages (PIP) Info Page > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - ALL OTHER SPORTS

Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - ALL OTHER SPORTS Golf, Racing, Wresting, UFC, Tennis, Multi-sport,etc...Card Product Information, Sell Sheets, Box Breaks, YouTube Videos, Ebay Singles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #76 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

maybe if the product was called, "sportkings rookie retro" he wouldn't have let you down B.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Actually, I will be honest with you Matt. You always preach about looking for a compnay that does everythign right, and no redmeptions and quality. There was somethin seriously messed up here with cards being auctioned off, yet they were appearing on a sell sheet. I think I was almost counting on you to hold your ground with those same emotions and opinions here. But for someone reason, I feel let down. I seriously though you would fight for the same things you always fight for, but you didn't. I can honestly say, that I'm dissapointed - I think I was actually counting on you this time.
I hope you're always honest with me Byron. I'll always be honest with you.

Do you honestly think I give a darn if you're disappointed in me or not? Seriously?

Like I said, my questions have been answered. I'm not buying this product. I don't see the need to speak negatively about it any more. I think Brian is going to do a better job in the future of not making these mistakes. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but it's never going to mean I care if you or anyone else in this forum is disappointed in me or not.

I sincerely hope you don't honestly think I care about stuff like that. I don't need others' approval for anything I do or say.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:02 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I hope you're always honest with me Byron. I'll always be honest with you.

Do you honestly think I give a darn if you're disappointed in me or not? Seriously?

Like I said, my questions have been answered. I'm not buying this product. I don't see the need to speak negatively about it any more. I think Brian is going to do a better job in the future of not making these mistakes. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but it's never going to mean I care if you or anyone else in this forum is disappointed in me or not.

I sincerely hope you don't honestly think I care about stuff like that. I don't need others' approval for anything I do or say.
Man, it sure is nice when someone shows their true colors.

Just amazing.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:04 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
So if "we're not going to play this game right now", why are you continuing on? Is it for the same reason you stated you weren't going to find other questions in this thread, yet you went ahead and searched for and posted a few anyway?

I have already been given answers to my questions. Believe me, my voice has been heard. Has yours?
Brian Gray has the chance in open forum to answer this, and how about YOU Wheeler since you defend company owners who come in here to both insult and threaten collectors.
Question:
I saw the sell sheet for Rookie Retro and ordered 2 cases. The sell sheet pictured a Jason Heyward 1/1 card, yet the same card is listed under your eBay name. Someone purchased this card, so its no longer is the product. You said on video with Beckett you have been buying these cards for the purpose of the rookie retro product. Why was it FOR SALE once the sheet was released?

No we do know someone DID NOT purchase it, but what if they did? Then what happens with the product and sell sheet info? Brian Gray did tell me in PM that it was a mistake, and thats fine it happens I guess.
My question is: Why say on video your buying it for the product yet its been for sale by you on eBay?
I think we are entitled to ask these questions am I wrong?
Im hoping Wheeler will stay off this topic completely as it seems the recent products he has endorsed are dropping by the week. Hopefully his thoughts and posts will not taint people on more products. As I see it, Wheeler is hurting public opinion on Sportkings products with his rants far worse than any of these questions regarding rookie retro.
Ill say it again. If done right, Rookie Retro could be a great product with HUGE potential. Its a great idea. Alot of other ideas could be done as well. How about a product with past high dollar wax/hobby boxes in it randomized. Lots of places to go with Brian Grays ideas and company, and I hope they are done right.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Where not going to play this game right now, I honestly don't feel like it today - maybe tomorrow.
Is it tomorrow already?

Quote:
Man, it sure is nice when someone shows their true colors.

Just amazing.
LOL...Byron. So you're saying you need approval for what you do and say? Are you saying that you try hard to not disappoint others when posting in forums?
Old 08-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Is it tomorrow already?

LOL...Byron. So you're saying you need approval for what you do and say? Are you saying that you try hard to not disappoint others when posting in forums?
Matt, when topps put seats in the Tribute cards as relics are UD did fake Yugi O cards - you were all up in it. Right now, we have someone here and we could ask him what would have happened. Some valid questions could be asked. Some wrongs things happened. Some very wrong things - but I don't see you doing what you normally do.

I'm just dissapointed you didn't treat Razor/leaf with the same regards you would treat other companies.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Old 08-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Im hoping Wheeler will stay off this topic completely as it seems the recent products he has endorsed are dropping by the week. Hopefully his thoughts and posts will not taint people on more products. As I see it, Wheeler is hurting public opinion on Sportkings products with his rants far worse than any of these questions regarding rookie retro.
Let's see...

- I did not endorse Bowman baseball, yet it's been dropping since the end of July.
- I did not endorse Allen & Ginter, yet it's been dropping the last two weeks.
- I did not endorse Topps Chroms, yet it's been steadily dropping since the first week of July.
- I did not endorse Topps Finest, yet it's dropped over 10% since July 1st.
- The last time Heritage climbed in price was the first week in May, and has since declined in price. I did not endorse this product either.

The fact is that I could go on and on and on about products that I don't talk about that have dropped in value and continue to drop in value. More people have opened Sportkings because I am making them aware of the product than those that are turned off by me. Again, even CBO bought SK this year.

Cruiserdaddy, if you're going to make posts like this, you should at least tell the whole story.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #83 (permalink)

Hardly any products go up in value unless they're the really old boxes, so not really a valid criticism
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Matt, when topps put seats in the Tribute cards as relics are UD did fake Yugi O cards - you were all up in it. Right now, we have someone here and we could ask him what would have happened. Some valid questions could be asked. Some wrongs things happened. Some very wrong things - but I don't see you doing what you normally do.

I'm just dissapointed you didn't treat Razor/leaf with the same regards you would treat other companies.
What on earth are you talking about Byron? Did you not quote me when I commented on some of the questionable things Razor did?

This is the 3rd time I'm going to say it...My questions have been answered regarding Razor and Brian Gray. Upper deck and Topps have not answered anything to my satisfaction that would make me want to buy their products. In fact, I'm not confident they're ever going to stop what they've done in the past. I hope they do, but I don't have that "all warm inside" feeling about them.

It's almost as if you're disappointed that I'm not going into battle with you or something. I fight battles all the time by myself. Do you really need my help? Is that why you're disappointed? It sure sounds that way to me.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Hardly any products go up in value unless they're the really old boxes, so not really a valid criticism
Thank you! Very little cruiserdaddy says in regards to me is "valid".
Old 08-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
What on earth are you talking about Byron? Did you not quote me when I commented on some of the questionable things Razor did?

This is the 3rd time I'm going to say it...My questions have been answered regarding Razor and Brian Gray. Upper deck and Topps have not answered anything to my satisfaction that would make me want to buy their products. In fact, I'm not confident they're ever going to stop what they've done in the past. I hope they do, but I don't have that "all warm inside" feeling about them.

It's almost as if you're disappointed that I'm not going into battle with you or something. I fight battles all the time by myself. Do you really need my help? Is that why you're disappointed? It sure sounds that way to me.

I never got the answer. What would have happened if the card was sold?

I don't need you to stand by my side and fight any battle. However, I would like to see you stand up and say the same thing right now you said before about ever other compnay who has done wrong to the people. Not just cherry pick who ever you feel like. You received an answer that satisfied you, and I guess that was enough for you. My problem is, that Razor has sold a lot of item on Ebay in the past - while marketing that same item (their Vault line). It was a repeat offense and they didn't learn the first time. Yet, everything is fine and dandy with you because you got a satisfactory answer. How does that saying go? "Hurt me once, shame on you. Hurt me twice, shame on me." I think the saying applies here witeh Razor.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Old 08-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
I never got the answer. What would have happened if the card was sold?

I don't need you to stand by my side and fight any battle. However, I would like to see you stand up and say the same thing right now you said before about ever other compnay who has done wrong to the people. Not just cherry pick who ever you feel like. You received an answer that satisfied you, and I guess that was enough for you. My problem is, that Razor has sold a lot of item on Ebay in the past - while marketing that same item (their Vault line). It was a repeat offense and they didn't learn the first time. Yet, everything is fine and dandy with you because you got a satisfactory answer. How does that saying go? "Hurt me once, shame on you. Hurt me twice, shame on me." I think the saying applies here witeh Razor.
Byron, your beef is between you and Razor right now. I have nothing to do with it anymore. Why would I continue to bash something after I have been satisfied?

Why again are you disappointed in me? Is it because you'd like me on your side with your stance? It's honestly the only thing that's making sense at the moment.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:52 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Byron, your beef is between you and Razor right now. I have nothing to do with it anymore. Why would I continue to bash something after I have been satisfied?

Why again are you disappointed in me? Is it because you'd like me on your side with your stance? It's honestly the only thing that's making sense at the moment.
Matt, that is not it at all. Just forget it.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Old 08-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Matt, that is not it at all. Just forget it.
Alright. It's forgotten.

Friends again?
Old 08-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #90 (permalink)
Manufacturer

Quote:
So what would have happened if someone hit that BIN? That's a good question to ask! Would this card still have made it into the product?
Yes, we would have had to cancel the ebay transaction.
It was an honest oversight. Fortunately, that event did not occur and the harm was limited to conspiracy theories.

Rest assured, every big hit goes in the product and I think this website's (blowoutcards.com) owners have first hand knowledge of some of the crazy cards that have been pulled from our products.
BG
LEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAF View Post
It was an honest oversight. Fortunately, that event did not occur and the harm was limited to conspiracy theories.

Rest assured, every big hit goes in the product and I think this website's (blowoutcards.com) owners have first hand knowledge of some of the crazy cards that have been pulled from our products.
BG
Thank you for the answer. No BS, I appreciate it.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Old 08-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you for the answer. No BS, I appreciate it.
I appreciated the same answer, yet you raked me over the coals for it.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:20 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
I appreciated the same answer, yet you raked me over the coals for it.
LOL. I never saw him answer that here. I think I even asked for the answer (mayeb not?). But you wouldn't be one to share it, you would want me to find it on my own, huh?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Old 08-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL. I never saw him answer that here. I think I even asked for the answer (mayeb not?). But you wouldn't be one to share it, you would want me to find it on my own, huh?
Brian was here and could answer it for himself.

What people need to slow down on doing is jumping to conclusions and attacking members without knowing all the facts. You said yourself that you were satisfied with his answer. I was given the exact same answer, and thus no longer felt the need to discuss the product negatively. (I even stated so at least 3 times). You were "disappointed" in me for "not holding my ground", but I didn't need to, and you didn't want to believe me.

Hopefully from this moment forward, you will understand me a little better.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAF View Post

BG
I think this is missing the following major *(except for Razor Vault because we sold many of the big hits on eBay instead of putting them into that product).
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:17 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Let's see...

- I did not endorse Bowman baseball, yet it's been dropping since the end of July.
- I did not endorse Allen & Ginter, yet it's been dropping the last two weeks.
- I did not endorse Topps Chroms, yet it's been steadily dropping since the first week of July.
- I did not endorse Topps Finest, yet it's dropped over 10% since July 1st.
- The last time Heritage climbed in price was the first week in May, and has since declined in price. I did not endorse this product either.

The fact is that I could go on and on and on about products that I don't talk about that have dropped in value and continue to drop in value. More people have opened Sportkings because I am making them aware of the product than those that are turned off by me. Again, even CBO bought SK this year.

Cruiserdaddy, if you're going to make posts like this, you should at least tell the whole story.
One difference here, and thats the products you mention above are above COST. Ringside boxing, how low can it go? Sportkings, down to $60 maybe? $50? As I have been saying no value in this stuff, and people are turned off by your obsession with it and blindness to reality when it comes to anything Sportkings.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:36 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
One difference here, and thats the products you mention above are above COST. Ringside boxing, how low can it go? Sportkings, down to $60 maybe? $50? As I have been saying no value in this stuff, and people are turned off by your obsession with it and blindness to reality when it comes to anything Sportkings.
We will see who's right in the end. I'm quite certain you'll be long gone not wanting to face "reality" when this all plays out in the near to mid future.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:14 AM   #98 (permalink)

If you wind up being correct and your Sportkings products rise, please rub it in my face. I do recall saying Ringside would be a dud, sure was right there. How long are we supposed to wait before you admit I was correct?
Old 08-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
If you wind up being correct and your Sportkings products rise, please rub it in my face. I do recall saying Ringside would be a dud, sure was right there. How long are we supposed to wait before you admit I was correct?
The question isn't "if". It's "when". And this pertains to both products.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:45 AM   #100 (permalink)

I have to be honest and admit here that I would not have ever opened ringside boxing, or Sport Kings if mwheeler27 did not talk so fondly of the products. Their ITG products however I would have opened irregardless.
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote