Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages (PIP) Info Page > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - BASEBALL

Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - BASEBALL Baseball Card Product Information, Sell Sheets, Box Breaks, YouTube Videos, Ebay Singles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2011 Bowman Platinum Baseball

We have listed the product information below. Please post any BOX Breaks, YOUTUBE Videos, or comments related to this product. Our goal is to compile all of the information for this product on this THREAD so that members can come to one place to view all of the Breaks and Information.

Please click the links below to purchase this product by the Box or Case

12 Box CASE

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.ph...oducts_id=5370

6 Box Case
http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.ph...oducts_id=5371

BOX

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.ph...oducts_id=5372

2011 Bowman Platinum Baseball

Configuration: 12 boxes per master case*. 24 packs per box. 5 cards per pack.
* Each master case contains Two 6-box inner cases.

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS:
Bowman Platinum Baseball returns with 100 new hot prospects on sizzling Chrome technology and Hobby Exclusive Autograph and Parallel cards!
- 2 Prospect Autograph Cards per Box
- 1 Autograph Relic Card per Box
- 1 Multi-Autograph Card per 12-Box Case
- New! 1 Team USA Baseball On-Card Autograph! Available via redemption. 1 per 12-Box Case!
- Each pack contains 4 Bowman Platinum cards Plus 1 Chrome Prospect cards.
- All Chrome Autographs Signed Directly on Each Card!

CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS

PLATINUM CHROME AUTOGRAPH CARDS - 2 Per Box!
Forty-one outstanding Minor League players sign their names directly to each of their Platinum Chrome cards and paralleled as follows:
- Super-Fractor: 1/1. Hobby Only!
- Printing Plates: 1/1. Hobby Only!
- Red Refractor: Numbered to 10.
- New! Gold Refractor: Numbered to 50.
- Blue Refractor: Numbered to 99.
- Green Refractor: Numbered to 399.

PLATINUM REFRACTOR PROSPECT CARDS - 1 Per Pack!
100 top MLB® Prospects on Refractor technology.

PLATINUM REFRACTOR PARALLEL CARDS - 2 Per Box!
- Super-Fractor Parallel: 1/1. Hobby Only!
- Printing Plates: 1/1. Hobby Only!
- Red Refractor: Numbered to 25.
- New! Gold Refractor: Numbered to 50.
- Blue Refractor: Numbered to 199.
- Green Refractor: Numbered to 599.
- X-Fractor: 1:4 packs. New!

AUTOGRAPH RELIC CARDS - 1 Per Box!
Each of these numbered cards feature a signature and game-used memorabilia from a star veteran or popular rookie player.
- Super-Fractor Patch: 1/1. Hobby Only!
- Red Refractor Patch: Numbered to 10.
- Gold RefractorPatch: Numbered to 25.
- Blue Refractor: Numbered to 99.
- Green Refractor: Numbered to 199.

MULTI-AUTOGRAPH CARDS - 1 Per Case!
Dual Autograph Relic Cards: Twelve veterans and rookies appear 2 at a time with 2 autographs and 2 relics on cards numbered to 89.
Available in a red version numbered to 10 and a 1/1 Hobby Only Super-Fractor version.

Dual Autograph Cards: Two prospects pair up each with a signature on numbered to 89 cards.
Available in a red version numbered to 10 and a 1/1 Hobby Only Super-Fractor version.

Triple Autograph Cards: ree is better than one on these cards featuring 3 players and 3 signatures and numbered to 89.

New! Hexagraph Book Patch Card: is three-panelled book card features six rookies with six autographs and a Rookie Card logo patch numbered to 10. Hobby Only!

Hexagraph Book Card: Six players, 6 autographs adorn these numbered to 10 popular book cards. Hobby Only!

New! 60th Anniversary Autographed Cards: 3 Subjects Continuity program featuring autographed cards sequentially numbered to 60. Hobby Only!

BASE CARDS - 4 Per Pack!
100 top MLB® veteran and rookies on rainbow foilboard.

BASE PARALLEL CARDS - 7 Per Box!
100 rookies and veterans:
- New! Ruby: 1:20 packs.
- New! Emerald: 1:10 packs.
- New! Gold: 1:5 packs.

View Checklist*
*Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view file.

View Sell Sheet Info*
*Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view file.

Last edited by blowoutcards2; 02-21-2011 at 02:12 PM.
blowoutcards2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Looks good. Lets just hope that they execute it a lot better than 2010.

And good to see that they aren't doing USA in this again. Praying that they cut the use of the team USA stuff down to 1 or 2 products a year.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

I see my guy in there in a hexagraph patch booklet, definitely looking forward to this already.

I agree with you on that they need to decrease the use of USA cards.
ItsYourBoyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

This might be the first case of a product I'll purchase..autograph checklist is off the charts
Old 02-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

I want that triple autograph card of Hamilton/Skole/Deglan!!!!
90sbaseballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

awesome i hope we seem some prices soon!
rte29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Topps is setting us all up to fail again. False hopes of product demand and shortages, tight allocations etc. Large distributors were tightly allocated,all of a sudden I get a call today saying for each 2 regular Topps 2 cases purchased I can buy 2 regular Bowman, same for jumbos. They will run the presses on this junk, and people will get in WAY too high.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to frankferry

I've been through 3 12box cases of this already and I cant say I broke even.

Funny I said that even though I pulled a Bryce Harper AUTO BLUE ref/99 and a tripple auto RED refractor /10 of Heyward / Stanton / Brown - Another Bryce Harper Auto ( non #'d ) 2 Harper Xfractors - 2 Base Harpers - Dual of Montgomery / Moustakas - Tripple of Ike Davis / Freddie Freeman. Green Harper ( NON AUTO ) /599

Now with all of that being said - The BLUE HARPER AUTO /99 sells for $400 on ebay! - If that was a blue ref out of bowman it would have sold for double - tripple. You would think pulling a harper auto /99 would pay for your case - But not with this product - Prices are dropping like a rock for indivual cards , cases , boxes , packs. . You can literally buy 5 harper autos for $1000 instead of buying a case. The only good thing to get out of this product is the harpers and maybe the duals and triples BUT, most of the duals and triples have different sticker autos on them! you'll have 1 -2 Foil stickers and 1-2 clear stickers. VERY POOR product this year. You thought they would have made it better than 2010 but no. Its MUCH MUCH worse. 95% of the relic autos are worth $2. I pulled a gold relic auto and i'd be lucky to get $20 for it even though its a relic auto and #'d /25. I seriously expect the 12box cases of these to drop down to $700 or lower considering the poor job topps has done. The only way I see this product staying above $900 a case is if they do some sort of wrapper redemption for it and I highly doubt they will.

I highly suggest staying away from this product because if you dont get as lucky as I did then you will end up spending $1000 for $150 worth of cards. I would advise everyone to buy 2011 bowman chrome or wait for TTT or simply buy 2010 products.

Heres some things topps could have done to make this product fly off the shelves:

1) Rookie autos
2) Wrapper Redemption
3) BETTER RELIC AUTOS - The relic autos in this product are wastes of cardboard
4) Maybe throw in a dozen HOFer autos #'d /10 or something
5) Dont use 2 different types of stickers on dual / triple autos - This is a disaster
6) Throw in some vet autos - Stuff like jeter etc. ( not saying to make a thousand of each , but #'d /99 or something
7) Cut the prices in half for all the distributors , because at these prices the cases just simply wont move and distributors / retailers cant make anything off them, let alone the regular joes buying them and wasting their hard earned money.

However, I do think the BASE prospects and BASE in general is highly undervalued. People on ebay are listing base sets for $0.99 and $9.99 shipping and they dont get 1 bid. The harper prospects should be selling higher than what they are now simply because in 12 boxes - on average your going to pull 2 harpers on average ( non auto'd of course )

Although I do like the overall design of Bowman Platinum ( the look of the cards , the large autos on the prospect cards ), Topps made a disgrace out of bowman platinum and I do not expect this to be produced in 2012 unless they make some MAJOR changes.

Thats my 2 cents

Last edited by frankferry; 08-13-2011 at 08:54 AM.
frankferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankferry View Post
I've been through 3 12box cases of this already and I cant say I broke even.

Funny I said that even though I pulled a Bryce Harper AUTO BLUE ref/99 and a tripple auto RED refractor /10 of Heyward / Stanton / Brown - Another Bryce Harper Auto ( non #'d ) 2 Harper Xfractors - 2 Base Harpers - Dual of Montgomery / Moustakas - Tripple of Ike Davis / Freddie Freeman. Green Harper ( NON AUTO ) /599

Now with all of that being said - The BLUE HARPER AUTO /99 sells for $400 on ebay! - If that was a blue ref out of bowman it would have sold for double - tripple. You would think pulling a harper auto /99 would pay for your case - But not with this product - Prices are dropping like a rock for indivual cards , cases , boxes , packs. . You can literally buy 5 harper autos for $1000 instead of buying a case. The only good thing to get out of this product is the harpers and maybe the duals and triples BUT, most of the duals and triples have different sticker autos on them! you'll have 1 -2 Foil stickers and 1-2 clear stickers. VERY POOR product this year. You thought they would have made it better than 2010 but no. Its MUCH MUCH worse. 95% of the relic autos are worth $2. I pulled a gold relic auto and i'd be lucky to get $20 for it even though its a relic auto and #'d /25. I seriously expect the 12box cases of these to drop down to $700 or lower considering the poor job topps has done. The only way I see this product staying above $900 a case is if they do some sort of wrapper redemption for it and I highly doubt they will.

I highly suggest staying away from this product because if you dont get as lucky as I did then you will end up spending $1000 for $150 worth of cards. I would advise everyone to buy 2011 bowman chrome or wait for TTT or simply buy 2010 products.

Heres some things topps could have done to make this product fly off the shelves:

1) Rookie autos
2) Wrapper Redemption
3) BETTER RELIC AUTOS - The relic autos in this product are wastes of cardboard
4) Maybe throw in a dozen HOFer autos #'d /10 or something
5) Dont use 2 different types of stickers on dual / triple autos - This is a disaster
6) Throw in some vet autos - Stuff like jeter etc. ( not saying to make a thousand of each , but #'d /99 or something
7) Cut the prices in half for all the distributors , because at these prices the cases just simply wont move and distributors / retailers cant make anything off them, let alone the regular joes buying them and wasting their hard earned money.

However, I do think the BASE prospects and BASE in general is highly undervalued. People on ebay are listing base sets for $0.99 and $9.99 shipping and they dont get 1 bid. The harper prospects should be selling higher than what they are now simply because in 12 boxes - on average your going to pull 2 harpers on average ( non auto'd of course )

Although I do like the overall design of Bowman Platinum ( the look of the cards , the large autos on the prospect cards ), Topps made a disgrace out of bowman platinum and I do not expect this to be produced in 2012 unless they make some MAJOR changes.

Thats my 2 cents
Great post and summary of this classic bait and switch by Topps. One of the worst downgrades of a checklist I've seen.
jusdukky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusdukky View Post
Great post and summary of this classic bait and switch by Topps. One of the worst downgrades of a checklist I've seen.

Thanks - Just trying to spread the word and keep people away from this until Topps adds something or the prices fall.. By the way - here is my 27 box results

27 boxes of 2011 platinum - **SCAN HEAVY**

Its funny - I get so many comments "WOW SICK BREAK" and so forth but I got incredibly lucky. But i'd also be lucky to break even haha
Old 08-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

here is a link to my recent break.

Six box case break of 2011 Bowman Platinum

Last edited by cardozo; 08-20-2011 at 12:14 PM.
cardozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardozo View Post
here is a link to my recent break.

Six box case break of 2011 Bowman Platinum
That hex card saved your butt - That will pay for your 6 box case - Nice hit bud!