Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages (PIP) Info Page > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - HOCKEY

Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - HOCKEY Hockey Card Product Information, Sell Sheets, Box Breaks, YouTube Videos, Ebay Singles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2010/11 Panini Dominion Hockey

We have listed the product information below. Please post any BOX Breaks, YOUTUBE Videos, or comments related to this product. Our goal is to compile all of the information for this product on this THREAD so that members can come to one place to view all of the Breaks and Information.

Please click the links below to purchase this product by the Box or Case

CASE

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.ph...oducts_id=5752

BOX

http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.ph...oducts_id=5754

2010/11 Panini Dominion Hockey

Configuration: 6 boxes per case. 1 pack per box. 8 cards per pack.

Box Break
- Six hits per pack (at least three autographs!), along with two base cards, subsets or parallels numbered to 199 or fewer!
- At least one hard-signed Rookie Card per box!

Case Break
It's like AM radio in the '60s...the hits keep comin'!
- 20 hard-signed/patch Rookie Cards #'d to just 99 copies or fewer...falling at least one per case!
- 80 hard-signed Rookie Cards #'d to 199 or fewer, falling at least seven per case!

HIGHLIGHTS
The Biggest release of the year promises the most dazzling hits you've ever seen!

Peerless Patches
Look for Dual and Quad versions featuring the choicest patch swatches from hockey's greatest stars of yesterday and today! Duals are limited to 25 copies or fewer... Quads are limited to 10 copies or fewer...and both are presented in spectacular booklet form to highlight the meaty cuts and brash colours!

Engravatures
They wouldn't let us cut up the Stanley Cup, so we did the next best thing! Each card boasts a piece of silver, engraved with the name of a Cup winner just like it is on hockey's holy chalice! Chase one of the 10 copies of Sidney Crosby, Martin Brodeur, Steve Yzerman, Jonathan Toewsand others!

Nifty 50
One of the hobby's most famous insert names is back...and way better than before! This set features hard-signed autographs of the elite snipers who have separated themselves from the merely great by topping the 50-goal mark in a single season. Look for Steven Stamkos, Cam Neely,
Guy Lafleur, Jeremy Roenickand more, numbered to just 50 copies!

Brass Bonanza
Nothing's hotter in hockey merchandising than the Hartford Whalers, and this set captures the legends of that late, lamented franchise in all their hard-signed glory! Ron Francis, Brendan Shanahan, Bobby Hull and many more, each numbered to 50 copies or fewer!

Tape To Tape Autographs
We couldn't slip a signed stick into your case, so we did the next best thing by having stars sign the actual tape sliced from their game-used lumber! Mario Lemieux, Patrick Roy, Alex Ovechkinand Mark Messier are found in this stellar insert, with each card numbered to 20 copies or fewer!

Kindest Cuts
You like 1/1 cut signatures?
You won't believe the roster of hockey legends we've compiled for this set!

Pen Pals
We've brought together some of hockey's greatest to sign with one, two or three of their closest friends! Look for Duals Joe Sakicand Steve Yzerman, numbered to 50 copies or fewer. Triples feature combos like Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberleand Magnus Paajarviand are numbered to 25 copies or fewer! And imagine pulling a Quad featuring Don Cherry, Terry O'Reilly, John Wensinkand Bobby Schmautz, numbered to just five! Also look for Black 1/1 parallels of each card!

An brief interview about Dominion Hockey with Al Muir, Panini America's Hockey Brand Manager

Why Dominion? Why not call this National Treasures?
If there's one thing I've learned over more than two decades in this industry, it's that hockey collectors are unique. They're an island unto themselves and they expect to be treated in a way that recognizes and celebrates that quality. Dominion is built specifically for hockey collectors, by hockey collectors. The name itself says as much. Everyone's heard of the Stanley Cup, but only true hockeyfans know its original name is the Dominion Challenge Cup. We wanted to honourthat legacy with Dominion Hockey.

What's in Dominion that will help it earn a spot in a crowded high-end market?
We know what collectors want, and we packed it into Dominion. You like hard-signed autographs? Every signature in Dominion is on-card. You like ultra short-printed patch RCs? In the past, you've had to settle for a handful. Dominion brings 20 hard-signed/patch RCs limited to just 99 copies. You expect oversized premium swatches? We deliver them with the Peerless Patches booklet cards, the Rookie Showcase inserts and the Mammoth Memorabilia cards-those swatches are so big we could barely fit a photo into the design! We also have some sweet new concepts like Engravatures(featuring a piece of silver engraved like the Cup itself), Tape To Tape Autographs, Ring of HonourMemorabilia (with prime swatches and images of actual Stanley Cup rings) and many more. This product should be a blast to bust!

What else can you tell us?
The hobby is built on supply and demand. After previewing these images at major hobby events, we know the demand will be there. But we can also tell you this: the supply will be very limited. Dominion isn't a product for the masses. This is for the high-end hobbyists, the whales. Even they'll have to fight among themselves for it with these quantities. Should make for a dynamic secondary market for Dominion.

Last edited by blowoutcards2; 05-31-2011 at 09:53 AM.
blowoutcards2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

(Courtesy of The Knight's Lance - Panini's Blog)

My hands are a little shaky at the moment so you’ll have to excuse any typos in this post. I just spent the last 10 minutes marveling at the preliminary product information and images for 2010-11 Dominion Hockey . . . and I can’t stop shaking.
Frankly, I don’t even know where to begin previewing a product of this magnitude.

Dominion, without question one of the most anticipated new launches of the entire collecting year across all sports, packs a stop-you-in-your-tracks wallop that will have collectors buzzing from now until well after the product launches in late July. Heck, the name debate alone — Dominion instead of National Treasures — has had people talking for months already.
“If there’s one thing I’ve learned over more than two decades in this industry, it’s that hockey collectors are unique,” says Panini America NHL Brand Manager Al Muir. “They’re an island unto themselves and they expect to be treated in a way that recognizes and celebrates that quality. Dominion is built specifically for hockey collectors, by hockey collectors. The name itself says as much.
“Everyone’s heard of the Stanley Cup, but only true hockey fans know its original name is the Dominion Challenge Cup. We wanted to honor that legacy with Dominion Hockey.”
To that end, the product promises a high-end, heirloom-quality collecting experience brimming with cut signatures, hard-signed autographs galore, mesmerizing memorabilia selections and a guaranteed “wow” factor. Every eight-card box carries a $350 suggested retail price and delivers six autograph or memorabilia hits (at least three autographs guaranteed including at least one hard-signed Rookie Card).
Highlighting Dominion’s myriad collection-making cornerstones are . . .
  • Kindest Cuts 1/1 cut signatures honoring the greatest hockey legends of all time
  • The hockey debut of Pen Pals autographs featuring signatures of two, three or four hockey greats on one card, with Duals numbered to 50, Triples numbered to 25 and Quads numbered to 5
  • Peerless Patches Dual and Quad booklet cards featuring the choicest pieces of memorabilia from hockey’s greatest stars of yesterday and today
  • Engravatures cards embedded with pieces of real silver that are engraved with the names of former Stanley Cup winner – just like on the real thing — limited to just 10 copies
  • The return of Nifty 50, one of the hobby’s most famous insert names, complete with hard autographs of hockey’s fabled single-season 50-goal scorers
  • Brass Bonanza on-card autographs that pay tribute to the legends of the Hartford Whalers, all numbered to 50 or less
  • The unique Tape to Tape insert featuring autographs from stars on actual tape sliced from their game-used hockey sticks
“We know what collectors want, and we packed it into Dominion,” Muir says. “You like hard-signed autographs? Every signature in Dominion is on-card. You like ultra short-printed RCs? In the past you’ve had to settle for a handful. Dominion brings 20 hard-signed/patch RCs limited to just 99 copies. You expect oversized premium swatches? We deliver them with Peerless Patches booklet cards, Rookie Showcase inserts and the Mammoth Memorabilia cards — those swatches are so big we could barely fit a photo into the design. We also have some sweet new concepts like Engravatures, Tape to Tape Autographs, Ring of Honour Memorabilia and many more.
“The hobby is built on supply and demand. We know the demand will be there. But we can also tell you this: The supply will be very limited. Dominion isn’t a product for the masses. This is for the high-end hobbyists, the whales. Even they’ll have to fight among themselves for it with these quantities. Should make for a dynamic secondary market for Dominion.”
Enjoy the following gallery and stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for complete Dominion updates.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Very nice looking stuff. Since they say late July, should we be thinking late September?
Old 05-20-2011, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Some nice looking cards for sure but this really should be all on card autos.

(at least three autographs guaranteed including at least one hard-signed Rookie Card)
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

All autos are hard signed and confirmed by Al Muir on another site.

Darren
dahabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

When will we be able to put down the money to pre order a case of this stuff? Thx guys
Old 08-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

(From The Knight's Lance - The Official Blog of Panini America)

New On-Card Arrivals for 2010-11 Dominion Hockey Include Evgeni Malkin, Taylor Hall

by Tracy Hackler

As we speed headfirst into the scorching final weeks of summer, about the only thing hotter than Texas’ relentless string of 100-degree afternoons are the recent mail days burning up Panini America HQ. In short, the newest arrivals for 2010-11 Dominion Hockey have been nothing short of epic.

This week alone we’ve been on the receiving end of honest-to-goodness collection-making cornerstones from the likes of Taylor Hall, Evgeni Malkin, Rick Nash, Martin Brodeur and Dustin Byfuglien.

You can get the breathtaking first glimpses of some of these new beauties in the gallery below. In the next week or so, we plan to spend some quality time over at the Panini America printing facility documenting some of the sweetest Dominion memorabilia cards we can find. So stay tuned for that.

But until then, take a seat and get your drool-catcher ready in three . . . two . . . one . . .

Old 08-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

love that Rangers dual auto

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hmmm...looks like luxury suite part 2. Bad news for me is that I'm in for a case. The good new is I'm in at $260 a box. I think this flops.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
Hmmm...looks like luxury suite part 2. Bad news for me is that I'm in for a case. The good new is I'm in at $260 a box. I think this flops.
Where do you see Luxury Suite in this? I don't even think its close. Looks more like National Treasures

Where are you getting this for $260/box? Unless you have your own LCS....lol

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

nothing there to impress me on a ultra super duper high end product

jim craig autos cool but have been done

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Where do you see Luxury Suite in this? I don't even think its close. Looks more like National Treasures

Where are you getting this for $260/box? Unless you have your own LCS....lol
I have a distributor.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #13 (permalink)

Panini America Behind the Scenes: Packout Begins for 2010-11 Dominion Hockey

by Tracy Hackler

After three days in Toronto for the highly successful 2011 NHLPA Rookie Showcase, I feared I was on the verge of hockey overload when I woke up this morning. But then I made the voyage across town to the Panini America production facility — wearing my snazzy new Rookie Showcase T-shirt — and had my budding passion for the NHL intensely renewed.

Turns out quality time with 2010-11 Dominion Hockey on the first day of the hand-packout process can work wonders for a guy’s mental outlook. Simply, the gems I saw today – hands-down some of the greatest-looking trading cards I’ve ever seen — gave me butterflies.

In the gallery that follows, you’ll see just a glimpse of what I peeked this morning. Here’s betting you’ll leave The Knight’s Lance with butterflies, too.
Although I’ve had a front-row seat for many of Dominion’s on-card autograph arrivals in the last several weeks, much of what I saw today was completely new to me. Talk about love at first sight.
I was smitten, completely blown away by everything I witnessed, including some of the most ridiculously improbable patches I’ve ever seen to the landmark Kindest Cuts 1/1 cut autographs insert. But the cards that really struck me were the truly revolutionary Engravatures inserts embedded with real silver plates etched with the depicted Stanley Cup winner’s name.

Unbelievable.

But since my attempt at poetic prose can’t come close to doing these cards justice — and since it’s also keeping you from the eye candy — I’ll let the images speak for themselves.

Besides, I captured so much content today — pictures and video — that I’ll be sharing the results with you for at least the next several days. Oh, and as the hand-packout process continues for the next several days, I probably make another trip to the production facility to grab even more must-see scenes.

For now, simply relish the beauty that follows.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

uts Above: A Breathtaking Peek at 2010-11 Dominion Hockey’s Kindest Cuts Insert

by Tracy Hackler

Count captivating cut autographs from hockey’s most hallowed legends amid the myriad mind-blowing assets I witnessed firsthand earlier this week on my field trip to the Panini America printing facility for the start of packout for 2010-11 Dominion Hockey.

The names on the one-of-a-kind treasures dotting the Kindest Cuts checklist read like the table of contents from a hockey history book — and the cards themselves are sure to be among the product’s most sought after and valuable when Dominion releases September 14.

Tim Horton. Maurice Richard. Art Ross. Cyclone Taylor. Doug Bentley. Roger Crozier. King Clancy. Joe Primeau. The legendary list goes on and on as you’ll see for the first time anywhere in the video and gallery that follow.

Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for additional sneak peeks at Dominion Hockey in the coming days. For now, take a seat and prepare to be amazed.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #15 (permalink)

As Packout Continues for 2010-11 Dominion Hockey, So Do the Must-See Images . . .

by Tracy Hackler

As collectors all over North America enjoy the Labor Day holiday’s three-day weekend, packout for 2010-11 Dominion Hockey continues in earnest at the Panini America printing facility.
Indeed, readying a product like this unique high-end blockbuster for market is a process that knows no down time.

But since we know there’s nothing much better than spending the lazy afternoon of an extended weekend in front of your computer gawking at pure, unadulterated beauty, we figured now was a perfect time to share more exclusive images from the packout process, which should conclude in the next few days.

The product releases September 14. Until then, these images – and more like them in our other Dominion galleries — will have to get you through.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

Interesting concept with the Engravatures cards, sterling silver I guess?
Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

Silver Lining: Exploring the Engravatures Insert in 2010-11 Dominion Hockey

by Tracy Hackler

Amid the bewildering barrage of otherworldly hits I’ve seen packed into 2010-11 Dominion Hockey over the course of the last week, there is one insert in particular that has repeatedly commanded my attention more than the others.

The cards don’t have on-card autographs or a rainbow array of peerless patches like many of the gems that will share pack space with them. What they do have, though, is something that makes them unlike any other sports card in history: Sterling silver-plated bars engraved with the names of the Stanley Cup-hoisters on them.

As far as I’m concerned, the 20-card Engravatures insert is easily one of Dominion’s most unique inclusions — and that’s saying something. It’s a combination of precious metal and heavy metal that makes each card noticeably weightier and noticeably cooler.
But don’t just take my word for it. Check out the stunning video and gallery that follow showcasing just some of the cards in the set. Each one, by the way, is numbered to just 10.

Then the gallery . . .

Old 09-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #18 (permalink)

2010-11 Dominion Checklist
Old 09-14-2011, 10:07 AM   #19 (permalink)

The Drool Gallery: Peerless Patches Abound in Panini’s 2010-11 Dominion Hockey

by Tracy Hackler

Looking for a word to describe the unparalleled quality and quantity of prime memorabilia pieces used in the creation of 2010-11 Dominion Hockey? “Epic” works. So do “astonishing,” “majestic,” “unparalleled,” “stunning” and “wow.”

Indeed, there is no shortage of appropriate adjectives in the English language befitting some of the sickest Technicolor dream patches ever created. Ultimately, though, the following gallery of highlights – primarily from Dominion’s Peerless Patches and Mammoth insert sets — will just as likely leave you speechless.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #20 (permalink)

Hoisting the Cup: The One Redemption Card Every Dominion Collector Wants to Pull

by Tracy Hackler

Beginning tomorrow, anxious hockey collectors across North America will finally get their first crack at opening the epic, buzz-inducing blockbuster better known as 2010-11 Dominion Hockey.
The busting experience promises to be the collecting equivalent of hoisting the hallowed Stanley Cup. But one lucky collector will actually win the Stanley Cup — literally.

Through a previously unannounced redemption card randomly dropped into the product, Panini America will award a miniature Stanley Cup originally given to a member of the Scotty Bowman-led 1978-79 Montreal Canadiens. Panini America officials purchased the unique trophy at auction earlier this year for more than $4,000, making this one of a small handful of redemption cards ever made that will be universally cheered.

The trophy stands 13 inches tall and is currently locked safely inside the Panini America vault awaiting notification from the winning collector. Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance to find out where this one-of-a-kind heirloom ends up. For now, enjoy this extended look at this true prized possession.