Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages (PIP) Info Page > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - NON-SPORTS

Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - NON-SPORTS Non-Sport Card Product Information, Sell Sheets, Box Breaks, YouTube Videos, Ebay Singles

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Tblades_17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lexingon, KY
Posts: 1,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
At one time they were, that's the whole point of this set. Does nobody get this?
The point is "keeping up with the Jones", the pop century set, Americana set, leaf signature cut set. Topps wants a piece fo the "pie" too......
__________________
http://s1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd402/tblades_17/
Tblades_17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tblades_17 View Post
The point is "keeping up with the Jones", the pop century set, Americana set, leaf signature cut set. Topps wants a piece fo the "pie" too......
Topps already did an American Pie set years ago, they're just resurrecting the brand.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
DetectiveChrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
At one time they were, that's the whole point of this set. Does nobody get this?
Hardly, I looked up some of these "big stars". Joey Fatone was part of n-sync and arguably the least known in the group, a group that appealed to 13-yr old girls.

That's like saying we have auto's from the Fab five and it being only Jimmy King! lol
__________________
http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g398/smarra/

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
Hardly, I looked up some of these "big stars". Joey Fatone was part of n-sync and arguably the least known in the group, a group that appealed to 13-yr old girls.
Were you in a hole when N-Sync ruled the world? You couldn't turn anywhere without hearing about them. 13 year old girls are Justin Bieber's audience and I'm sure you've heard of him.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,275
Default

I disagree with most of you...I think this will do pretty good. The checklist is good for what the product is trying to accomplish. I think most are underestimating the autograph values.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,477
Default

I think this market is getting saturated. Would have much rather had an American Heritage product.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
DetectiveChrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Were you in a hole when N-Sync ruled the world? You couldn't turn anywhere without hearing about them. 13 year old girls are Justin Bieber's audience and I'm sure you've heard of him.
The problem is these people are now 25-30, female and don't collect cards. Pop century did it right with some timeless classics and current stars - real stars across the board. I don't collect this stuff but this is just the way I see it - cheaply done.
__________________
http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g398/smarra/

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
The problem is these people are now 25-30, female and don't collect cards. Pop century did it right with some timeless classics and current stars - real stars across the board. I don't collect this stuff but this is just the way I see it - cheaply done.
That kind of thinking will hold you back when it comes to pop culture and non-sport collecting/selling. I would say women are probably 25-35% of my customer base in this area.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
The problem is these people are now 25-30, female and don't collect cards. Pop century did it right with some timeless classics and current stars - real stars across the board. I don't collect this stuff but this is just the way I see it - cheaply done.
Do you think 13 year old girls are the ones buying Panini Bieber autographs at $100+? All the people in this set were a big deal at one time, and belong in a set of this nature. Most of it deals with fads, things that have come and gone and you can look back nostalgically and say "Oh yeah, I remember that." Kind of like - where were you when....

Pop Century has a higher price point, and many "real star" autos can be had for less than $10.

It's not cheaply done - it's true the theme. I don't know how else to get you to understand the concept.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
DetectiveChrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,444
Default

Non-sports is not my thing so maybe I shouldn't be arguing anything here really but this is just the impression I get looking in. Only time will tell how much of a hit it really is.
__________________
http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/g398/smarra/

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Do you think 13 year old girls are the ones buying Panini Bieber autographs at $100+? All the people in this set were a big deal at one time, and belong in a set of this nature. Most of it deals with fads, things that have come and gone and you can look back nostalgically and say "Oh yeah, I remember that." Kind of like - where were you when....

Pop Century has a higher price point, and many "real star" autos can be had for less than $10.

It's not cheaply done - it's true the theme. I don't know how else to get you to understand the concept.
I agree with this.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 622
Default

I personally think the autograph list looks decent. . . my only complaint (pretty much as always) is that there are too many repeat signers. There will definitely be some cards on this list I'll be watching for. . .
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowoutcards-product-information-pages-non-sports/187489-2011-topps-american-pie.html
Posted By For Type Date
View topic - 2011 Topps American Pie Prelim info @ Freedom Card Board This thread Refback 10-03-2011 03:18 PM
View topic - 2011 Topps American Pie Prelim info @ Freedom Card Board This thread Refback 10-03-2011 02:40 PM
View topic - 2011 Topps American Pie Prelim info @ Freedom Card Board This thread Refback 10-03-2011 02:23 PM
View topic - 2011 Topps American Pie Prelim info @ Freedom Card Board This thread Refback 10-03-2011 02:20 PM
View topic - 2011 Topps American Pie Prelim info @ Freedom Card Board This thread Refback 10-03-2011 11:19 AM
View topic - 2011 Topps American Pie Prelim info @ Freedom Card Board This thread Refback 10-03-2011 10:15 AM
View topic - Topps American Pie is back @ Freedom Card Board This thread Refback 08-15-2011 05:53 PM
View topic - Topps American Pie is back @ Freedom Card Board This thread Refback 08-15-2011 05:02 PM
View topic - Topps American Pie is back @ Freedom Card Board This thread Refback 08-15-2011 04:51 PM
View topic - Topps American Pie is back @ Freedom Card Board This thread Refback 08-15-2011 04:46 PM
View topic - Topps American Pie is back @ Freedom Card Board This thread Refback 08-15-2011 04:46 PM
2011 Topps American Pie - Blowout Cards Forums This thread Refback 08-15-2011 02:55 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.