Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages (PIP) Info Page > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - NON-SPORTS

Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - NON-SPORTS Non-Sport Card Product Information, Sell Sheets, Box Breaks, YouTube Videos, Ebay Singles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
Why do people keep saying the price will be $2K or $2,500? The price is in the OP - $1,500.

That being said, I wouldn't touch a product like this, especially from the company producing it.
That was just updated...last release was around $2500 so we were assuming the same.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #27 (permalink)

I'd pay for a Barack Obama / Rush Limbaugh dual auto, now that would be an interesting one.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #28 (permalink)

the paper the george washington is cut from must have been kept in a vacuum safe somewhere as it looks too much like today's xerox paper...
Old 12-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #29 (permalink)

At $1,500 a box, who buys this? For one Card? Seems like a pretty big gamble.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #30 (permalink)

i have 1 coming

i will get ford or carter... lol

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #31 (permalink)

I would love to get one. I'd be all psyched out to crack that sucker open and then my luck, blam... Bill and Hilary... It seems a bit much for the gamble, but if you got the dough, it would be worth it. At 275 boxes it's a pretty elite chance to crack some gold.
willdiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdiggity View Post
I would love to get one. I'd be all psyched out to crack that sucker open and then my luck, blam... Bill and Hilary... It seems a bit much for the gamble, but if you got the dough, it would be worth it. At 275 boxes it's a pretty elite chance to crack some gold.
Where are you getting $275.? I'd go for it at that price BO has them a shade under 1500.
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear29 View Post
Where are you getting $275.? I'd go for it at that price BO has them a shade under 1500.
275 quantity, not cost.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #34 (permalink)

Will the cuts be authenticated by a third party - Beckett, Psa etc. - or again just "guaranteed" by Leaf?
baskettrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #35 (permalink)

I just got this info from Brian Gray.

psa/dna and/or jsa

276 packs made.

Great news as I have a pack coming from BO.

Last edited by bmp8878; 02-07-2012 at 04:36 PM.
bmp8878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #36 (permalink)
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskettrader View Post
I really like those products, but Leaf .... please start getting your high-end cuts authenticated by a reputable third-party authentication service and write it on the back of the card, like UD did with Prominent Cuts back in 2009. I would love to see that.

PSA/DNA is as reputable as it gets... BG
LEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmp8878 View Post

psa/dna and/or jsa

276 packs made.

95% psa/dna (all the big cuts are psa)
5% jsa

BG
Old 02-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:

psa/dna and/or jsa

276 packs made.

I thought this was going to be capped at 275 packs. Did you mean 275, or is there now 276?
Old 02-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #39 (permalink)
Manufacturer

It was capped at 276, however the production finalized in the 260's (even though boxes are numbered to 276).... ALL CARDS ON CHECKLIST MADE... we will release numbering on all cards on the website tomorrow.. BG
Old 02-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAF View Post
It was capped at 276, however the production finalized in the 260's (even though boxes are numbered to 276).... ALL CARDS ON CHECKLIST MADE... we will release numbering on all cards on the website tomorrow.. BG
The sell sheet said it would be capped at 275. No biggie, but that's what it says in the original post in this thread.

Nice product. There will be some amazing hits come out of this.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:36 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Great to see that everything that was promised will be delivered AND the actual production run is less than expected. Looking forward to a great group break on Monday. Thanks for the info Brian.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:59 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
Great to see that everything that was promised will be delivered AND the actual production run is less than expected. Looking forward to a great group break on Monday. Thanks for the info Brian.
You mean everything except the sell sheet's statement of capping this product at 275 boxes and checklist quantities being announced in January of 2012.

It states right on the sell sheet that "production quantity may well be shorter" than the 275 boxes, so I don't think "260s" is "less than expected".

Should I even mention that the release date got pushed back?

Lastly, why make a big deal about "ALL CARDS ON CHECKLIST MADE"? Isn't that what's supposed to be done? Leaf isn't the only company that does this.

I just want manufacturers to keep their word. How hard is it?

Take your time. Do what's right. Do what you promise. People are paying attention.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:07 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
You mean everything except the sell sheet's statement of capping this product at 275 boxes and checklist quantities being announced in January of 2012.

It states right on the sell sheet that "production quantity may well be shorter" than the 275 boxes, so I don't think "260s" is "less than expected".

Should I even mention that the release date got pushed back?

Lastly, why make a big deal about "ALL CARDS ON CHECKLIST MADE"? Isn't that what's supposed to be done? Leaf isn't the only company that does this.

I just want manufacturers to keep their word. How hard is it?

Take your time. Do what's right. Do what you promise. People are paying attention.
Parse words all you want Matt. Twist them to fit whatever agenda you have. Not everything is an argument.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Parse words all you want Matt. Twist them to fit whatever agenda you have. Not everything is an argument.
Is anything I said incorrect? Please explain if so.

I'll be waiting.

Speaking of parsing words to fit agendas, is that not what this is since it's clearly not entirely true?

Quote:
Great to see that everything that was promised will be delivered.
Look, I call it like I see it. It's not always popular, but it's how I see it.

Last edited by mwheeler27; 02-24-2012 at 01:21 AM.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:21 AM   #45 (permalink)

260<275. Neat little fact that I learned in my MBA program. So less was made than was expected.

And given the bait and switches Topps has pulled over the past couple of years with the pre-release checklist and the actual checklist not being even remotely close, it was nice that Leaf didn't pull a switcheroo. Yes, that's what manufacturers are supposed to do. No, they don't always do it. I'm glad Leaf will deliver what they advertised. I'm glad FF did too.

It's getting to the point where I don't even want to post about these products anymore because you somehow think every comment I make, no matter how innocent or critical or innocuous it is, is taken by you as an attack or an argument. Why? Because I decided to do a group break of Oval Office instead of 1600? Get over it, man.

Not every post I make is about you or directed to you. Relax.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
260<275. Neat little fact that I learned in my MBA program. So less was made than was expected.
While we're talking "facts", did you also learn in your MBA program the neat little fact that "260s" > 260. In fact, "260s" might be = 269. And if the sell sheet says, "the production run may well be shorter than" 275, I don't see 269 being unexpected. I don't even see 260s being unexpected. The sell sheet was leading us to believe that the production run may very well be less than 275, so I'd say 260s is more expected than 275. Again, according to the sell sheet.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:42 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
While we're talking "facts", did you also learn in your MBA program the neat little fact that "260s" > 260. In fact, "260s" might be = 269. And if the sell sheet says, "the production run may well be shorter than" 275, I don't see 269 being unexpected. I don't even see 260s being unexpected. The sell sheet was leading us to believe that the production run may very well be less than 275, so I'd say 260s is more expected than 275. Again, according to the sell sheet.
Is this what you're like in real life too? Sheesh...

We can argue semantics all you want. The sell sheet says production will be capped at 275. Most people took that as meaning 275 boxes were being made. You even did, and you were quick to jump and shout foul when it looked like 276 boxes were made. Less than 275 were made. It means that instead of having a 1:275 chance of pulling a George Washington/Abe Lincoln dual, you now have somewhere from a 1:260-269 shot of pulling it. That's better odds. That's a good thing.

I don't need a reply, by the way. I wasn't talking to you in the first place.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:

We can argue semantics all you want. The sell sheet says production will be capped at 275. Most people took that as meaning 275 boxes were being made. You even did, and you were quick to jump and shout foul when it looked like 276 boxes were made. Less than 275 were made. It means that instead of having a 1:275 chance of pulling a George Washington/Abe Lincoln dual, you now have somewhere from a 1:260-269 shot of pulling it. That's better odds. That's a good thing.

Assuming its in the boxes to be pulled. Who knows, just a thought.
cruiserdaddy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:

We can argue semantics all you want. The sell sheet says production will be capped at 275. Most people took that as meaning 275 boxes were being made. You even did, and you were quick to jump and shout foul when it looked like 276 boxes were made

When I read this:

Quote:

psa/dna and/or jsa

276 packs made.
I asked a simple question. I never "cried foul" until you started rambling about "delivering what was promised". I didn't think 275 boxes would be made according to the sell sheet. I can read, and my interpretation skills aren't necessarily lacking.

May I ask, how would you interpret the quoted and bolded statement above that reads, "...from Brian Gray...276 packs made"?

I interpret that as someone saying Brian Gray told them 276 packs were made. If that wasn't the case, then someone came in here and gave us information that was not correct.

What worries me about products like this when they come from manufacturers that don't appear to be keeping their word, are all the cards on the checklist truly in it? I'm just stating how I feel, and it goes beyond just this product and this company.

Brian has a wonderful shot at turning over a new leaf, (only little pun intended), with this new Leaf name. Time will tell just how successful he can be. I hope he becomes vastly successful while doing so with the utmost honor and integrity. This hobby would benefit from manufacturers like this.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
When I read this:

I asked a simple question. I never "cried foul" until you started rambling about "delivering what was promised". I didn't think 275 boxes would be made according to the sell sheet. I can read, and my interpretation skills aren't necessarily lacking.

May I ask, how would you interpret the quoted and bolded statement above that reads, "...from Brian Gray...276 packs made"?

I interpret that as someone saying Brian Gray told them 276 packs were made. If that wasn't the case, then someone came in here and gave us information that was not correct.

What worries me about products like this when they come from manufacturers that don't appear to be keeping their word, are all the cards on the checklist truly in it? I'm just stating how I feel, and it goes beyond just this product and this company.

Brian has a wonderful shot at turning over a new leaf, (only little pun intended), with this new Leaf name. Time will tell just how successful he can be. I hope he becomes vastly successful while doing so with the utmost honor and integrity. This hobby would benefit from manufacturers like this.
Not trying to join in this pissing match, but from what was stated above by LEAF (quoted below) that the boxes are NUMBERED to 276, but only 260 something was made, which is less than 275.

However wheeler, I understand your point that it was implied in the first product page that it would already be less than 275, so you're not impressed by this slightly lower number. No harm no foul. If I'm wrong on any of my interpretations or assumptions, feel free to correct me.

Quote:
mikeman7322 is offline   Reply With Quote