Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages (PIP) Info Page > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - NON-SPORTS

Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - NON-SPORTS Non-Sport Card Product Information, Sell Sheets, Box Breaks, YouTube Videos, Ebay Singles

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
We get it...you dont think its a fail for not getting the "big signers"....sooner or later youll have to understand to some, it is.
That sentiment works both ways.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #52 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
That sentiment works both ways.
didn't you think kaley's non-inclusion in BBT 5 would not hurt the release too? if not, sorry for the memory lapse. but even if it wasn't you, the point is there were people arguing that it wouldn't hurt and it did - badly. so it's hard to see how not getting the main auto signer in any product isn't going to hurt. Andrew Lincoln is part of an ensemble. Norman Reedus is more important in the collecting world than AL, lol. No one in BB comes close to Cranston. And I don't care about whether she's a supporting character or not, I will take a penny auto over any of the geeks on BBT any day. Revenge will fail without the big autos. and the list goes on and on. WD is the exception, not the rule, for this argument.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
didn't you think kaley's non-inclusion in BBT 5 would not hurt the release too? if not, sorry for the memory lapse. but even if it wasn't you, the point is there were people arguing that it wouldn't hurt and it did - badly. so it's hard to see how not getting the main auto signer in any product isn't going to hurt. Andrew Lincoln is part of an ensemble. Norman Reedus is more important in the collecting world than AL, lol. No one in BB comes close to Cranston. And I don't care about whether she's a supporting character or not, I will take a penny auto over any of the geeks on BBT any day. Revenge will fail without the big autos. and the list goes on and on. WD is the exception, not the rule, for this argument.
If I were a fan of BBT, no. I buy things because I like them, not because I can resell it (although I do, at times, but it's never my initial reason for purchasing). I understand it's the livelihood of folks like yourself and at the end of the day, you're doing it to make money. If the big draw isn't there, you're not going to make money. Nobody's going to buy cases upon cases for the base sets.

Walking Dead has a rabid fan base that would have bought the cards without ANY autos - have you tried to find any packs at retail? Breaking Bad has an insane following as well, and honestly, the number of collectibles for that show are few and far between. Even without a Cranston auto, I think these will still be popular. My only worry is about the release date being so far after the finale. WD has the help of new shows to perpetuate interest.

The simple fact that Breaking Bad is getting a card set, a hobby I love, is a "win" to me.

I'm not gonna try to be an outspoken fan any more here and stand up for the things I like. You guys win.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #54 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,940
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
If I were a fan of BBT, no. I buy things because I like them, not because I can resell it (although I do, at times, but it's never my initial reason for purchasing). I understand it's the livelihood of folks like yourself and at the end of the day, you're doing it to make money. If the big draw isn't there, you're not going to make money. Nobody's going to buy cases upon cases for the base sets.

Walking Dead has a rabid fan base that would have bought the cards without ANY autos - have you tried to find any packs at retail? Breaking Bad has an insane following as well, and honestly, the number of collectibles for that show are few and far between. Even without a Cranston auto, I think these will still be popular. My only worry is about the release date being so far after the finale. WD has the help of new shows to perpetuate interest.

The simple fact that Breaking Bad is getting a card set, a hobby I love, is a "win" to me.

I'm not gonna try to be an outspoken fan any more here and stand up for the things I like. You guys win.
Actually you made the best points I have ever seen you make in this post -- too bad you ruined it with that last statement.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 636
Default

Ted, dude. . . it isn't about 'winning,' I totally respect your opinion and view. . . I'm an autograph guy. . . If there aren't autographs I wouldn't be interested in this set -- and I loved Breaking Bad. For me you have to have Cranston -- no half measures.

The interesting thing, to me, is that in nearly every Crypto thread I see as soon as someone complains about a missing autograph -- which may be a key to *them* in the set you are the first one to chime up about signers still being added, etc. . . Everyone knows the lists are still being built, but to some people (not just dealers) the autographs are the most important part of the set. It's totally cool you would be happy with different things that I would be happy with. . . but you won't be able to convince me that the things that are most important *to me* aren't important.

I have no idea how Breaking Bad will do as a set . . . it will have been off of TV for a long time before the set is released. It had a brief, but rabid fan base at the end, but still didn't get the viewers that Walking Dead does -- the first part of BB season 5 not a single episode cracked 3 million viewers -- in WD Season 3 part 2 not a single episode was under 11 million -- the Breaking Bad series Finale didn't even hit 11 million people. . . for Comparison Fringe was averaging 3-5 million viewers.
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Omaha
Posts: 3,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post
Ted, dude. . . it isn't about 'winning,' I totally respect your opinion and view. . . I'm an autograph guy. . . If there aren't autographs I wouldn't be interested in this set -- and I loved Breaking Bad. For me you have to have Cranston -- no half measures.

The interesting thing, to me, is that in nearly every Crypto thread I see as soon as someone complains about a missing autograph -- which may be a key to *them* in the set you are the first one to chime up about signers still being added, etc. . . Everyone knows the lists are still being built, but to some people (not just dealers) the autographs are the most important part of the set. It's totally cool you would be happy with different things that I would be happy with. . . but you won't be able to convince me that the things that are most important *to me* aren't important.

I have no idea how Breaking Bad will do as a set . . . it will have been off of TV for a long time before the set is released. It had a brief, but rabid fan base at the end, but still didn't get the viewers that Walking Dead does -- the first part of BB season 5 not a single episode cracked 3 million viewers -- in WD Season 3 part 2 not a single episode was under 11 million -- the Breaking Bad series Finale didn't even hit 11 million people. . . for Comparison Fringe was averaging 3-5 million viewers.
There aren't millions of people bidding on these cards, so that argument doesn't matter. The fact is, the Breaking Bad fans that watched from the start are absolutely obsessed with the show and bidding on the top cards is going to be insanely competitive if they get big names. There are plenty of Breaking Bad fans...
Wings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 636
Default

What argument? I said I'm not sure how the set will do and comparing to Walking Dead's viewership since it's the set that's come up in the discussions, and viewership is the only quantitative measurement I know of.
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 AM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
NonSportsCardForum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tx
Posts: 10,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post
Ted, dude. . . it isn't about 'winning,' I totally respect your opinion and view. . . I'm an autograph guy. . . If there aren't autographs I wouldn't be interested in this set -- and I loved Breaking Bad. For me you have to have Cranston -- no half measures.

The interesting thing, to me, is that in nearly every Crypto thread I see as soon as someone complains about a missing autograph -- which may be a key to *them* in the set you are the first one to chime up about signers still being added, etc. . . Everyone knows the lists are still being built, but to some people (not just dealers) the autographs are the most important part of the set. It's totally cool you would be happy with different things that I would be happy with. . . but you won't be able to convince me that the things that are most important *to me* aren't important.

I have no idea how Breaking Bad will do as a set . . . it will have been off of TV for a long time before the set is released. It had a brief, but rabid fan base at the end, but still didn't get the viewers that Walking Dead does -- the first part of BB season 5 not a single episode cracked 3 million viewers -- in WD Season 3 part 2 not a single episode was under 11 million -- the Breaking Bad series Finale didn't even hit 11 million people. . . for Comparison Fringe was averaging 3-5 million viewers.
Exactly.....................
__________________
Team Clarkandlewis

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
nera20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 14,051
Default

any new news on this set haven't heard anything in awhile?
__________________
http://s1064.photobucket.com/albums/u380/mike11681/
I don't ship outside the USA.
nera20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #60 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 16,345
Default

This and TWD keep getting pushed back.

This now has a release date at the end of APRIL!!

Scares me that it is getting further and further away from the end of the show but maybe its because they are securing the main characters for autos and such.
__________________
Twitter: @thedthimesch
Ustream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dthimesch
Vaughntv Channel: http://breakers.tv/dthimesch
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
nera20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 14,051
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
This and TWD keep getting pushed back.

This now has a release date at the end of APRIL!!

Scares me that it is getting further and further away from the end of the show but maybe its because they are securing the main characters for autos and such.
you are probably on point with them securing the main characters
__________________
http://s1064.photobucket.com/albums/u380/mike11681/
I don't ship outside the USA.
nera20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,335
Default

One of my all time favorites but I am losing interest now.
Frankp2311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #63 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 16,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nera20 View Post
you are probably on point with them securing the main characters
If it is. I have to give them props for getting the actual cards in the product. We all know if it were Topps it would have been released with 10 different characters being redemptions.
__________________
Twitter: @thedthimesch
Ustream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dthimesch
Vaughntv Channel: http://breakers.tv/dthimesch
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #64 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
aggies1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,974
Default

if this product had dropped before christmas, it would have sold out so fast. I think if there is no WW then there will not be a product for a while. How much longer can this get pushed back.
aggies1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:21 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
One of my all time favorites but I am losing interest now.
If it's one of your all time favorites, why would you ever lose interest?
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Wings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Omaha
Posts: 3,043
Default

Updates on signers?
Wings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:41 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: California
Posts: 313
Default

after reading this thread oddly enough i am very excited to see what this product turns out to be.
allentsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:52 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allentsb View Post
after reading this thread oddly enough i am very excited to see what this product turns out to be.
Nice to see someone who actually read through the thread and didn't instantly come to the conclusion the set will suck cause the big names aren't included yet

I think this set is going to be a big hit, and I don't think Crypto would even take the time to release it without the main cast
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 649
Default

Hopefully we will get an update soon. I think it would be pretty cool if they could get the creator of Breaking Bad, Vince Gilligan, to sign a few cards.
lane121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:15 AM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
AceGambit3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,251
Send a message via AIM to AceGambit3 Send a message via MSN to AceGambit3
Default

anyone else wondering (and not just for cryptozoic) but that when these card companies are securing the rights for the card sets that they are not making sure agreements are in place for certain signers and such? I know agents and free time play their roles but maybe it's just me but I would have scheduling down to an art form when it comes to releasing a set. As that seems to be the main hold up for this and countless other sets right now is actor agreements and cards being turned in. Seems just like Cryptozoic in this instance is just piddling along because they know regardless when these cards get released they will be bought. Pure laziness IMHO and thats why I'm losing interest and am annoyed at not just Breaking Bad but every single property sitting in limbo (there's 17 of them for heaven's sake)
__________________
I'm not politically correct...why? because I don't have time to cater to 7 billion people's feelings.
NON-SPORTS COLLECTOR
WEBSITE: www.freewebs.com/gambit7
AceGambit3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
zeeropointzeero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 693
Default

Was hoping for some good news by now. According to their site, this is still scheduled for release Q2 2014, which means by end of May and none of the main missing actors have been added to the auto list (Walt, Jesse, Hank, Mike, Skyler, Saul). I really hope they add at least a few of these names because I'm a buyer with them in there but certainly not without them (especially at over $80/box).
zeeropointzeero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #72 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 16,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeropointzeero View Post
Was hoping for some good news by now. According to their site, this is still scheduled for release Q2 2014, which means by end of May and none of the main missing actors have been added to the auto list (Walt, Jesse, Hank, Mike, Skyler, Saul). I really hope they add at least a few of these names because I'm a buyer with them in there but certainly not without them (especially at over $80/box).
I talked with BO about the delay. They told me kind of what we were all suspecting. They talked to Cryptozoic at the industry summit and the delay in the product is because they are trying to get the main, or biggest, names in the product.

I am happy to hear a company do this to eliminate redemptions. It is awesome. But with the show done, It has to also come to a point where there is too long of a wait and redemptions may be best.
__________________
Twitter: @thedthimesch
Ustream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dthimesch
Vaughntv Channel: http://breakers.tv/dthimesch
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
zeeropointzeero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
I talked with BO about the delay. They told me kind of what we were all suspecting. They talked to Cryptozoic at the industry summit and the delay in the product is because they are trying to get the main, or biggest, names in the product.

I am happy to hear a company do this to eliminate redemptions. It is awesome. But with the show done, It has to also come to a point where there is too long of a wait and redemptions may be best.
Sounds promising. I'll still buy even if this was delayed a year as long as we get at least half of the main characters.

Also, even though the show has been over for a while now, the Better Call Saul spinoff starts up in Nov which would renew people's interest in this.
zeeropointzeero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:40 PM   #74 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 16,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeropointzeero View Post
Sounds promising. I'll still buy even if this was delayed a year as long as we get at least half of the main characters.

Also, even though the show has been over for a while now, the Better Call Saul spinoff starts up in Nov which would renew people's interest in this.
Definitely, especially if Better Call Saul is actually a prequel. I heard a rumor that it may be that.
__________________
Twitter: @thedthimesch
Ustream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dthimesch
Vaughntv Channel: http://breakers.tv/dthimesch
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #75 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
aggies1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,974
Default

the longer I wait the longer i feel like there will not be any major characters in this product.
__________________
SHSU Class 16' - Go Bearkats!
aggies1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.