Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages (PIP) Info Page > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - NON-SPORTS

Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - NON-SPORTS Non-Sport Card Product Information, Sell Sheets, Box Breaks, YouTube Videos, Ebay Singles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman12 View Post
Does the art redemption take the place of one of the three cards? Or are they just inserted as an additional bonus?
It was in place of a base card. That box at 1 cut, 1 base, 1 redemption
Old 06-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #27 (permalink)

Would love to a see a picture of the William Livingston cut. Is that for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkbrown View Post
We opened 4 cases of this product....

Here are some of my random thoughts and observations based on what we pulled

1.) Vince Gill should not be considered to have "Made America", and should not be considered to be "Making America" today... On that note, neither should Melanie Griffith (as seen in an eBay auction)

2.) Labor Leaders?

3.) Businessman?

4.) Vince Gill???!!! WTF Leaf! (I know I already said it as #1, but I am saying it again, lol)

5.) We pulled 1 redemption card for the original artwork. I have no idea what it is. It says this "2014 Leaf Making Of America Original Production Artwork". The really neat thing though is that I redeemed it last night, and Leaf has already shipped it.

6.) Unknown Actors/Actresses should not be in this product. Some of our pulls reminded me of Press Pass Platinum Cuts.

7.) A lot of the stickers on the BGS holders are coming off and a lot of the base card holders have cracks. I wonder if it was because they were on a hot UPS truck driving around the Phoenix area all day...

8.) The back of the cards say "This card bears an authentic cut signature. Famous Fabrics guarantees that the cut signature on this card is authentic". I think this is poorly written, and comes off as trying to convince people that it's real, just bad execution in my opinion.

9.) We pulled Vice Presidents and 1st ladies.

10.) I really like the H.G. Wells and the William Livingston (Died in 1790) autos.

I am not sure if I will post our breaks or not, but I would not recommend this product... Box price is too much for what's coming out of it.
Camman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
1.) Vince Gill should not be considered to have "Made America", and should not be considered to be "Making America" today... On that note, neither should Melanie Griffith (as seen in an eBay auction)
Vince gill and Melanie Griffith? ah yes... where would America be without them?

no wonder they didn't put a checklist out.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
Vince gill and Melanie Griffith? ah yes... where would America be without them?

no wonder they didn't put a checklist out.
A wise man once said that one should be weary of buying from a company the rarely releases a checklist. +1 for the wise man.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

Vince Gill is a damn good country music artist but I find his inclusion in a "making of America" set pretty questionable.
wakigatame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #31 (permalink)

Old 06-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camman View Post
Would love to a see a picture of the William Livingston cut. Is that for sale?
Everything is for sale for the right price! Please PM me with an offers you may have. Pic is below
Old 06-14-2014, 12:56 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
A wise man once said that one should be weary of buying from a company the rarely releases a checklist. +1 for the wise man.
didn't Famous Fabrics always put cut auto checklists out? i believe i always saw them for their Horrors of War products.

i wonder if the Leaf-ITG partnership will go this direction... adopting the Leaf model instead of the much more customer friendly ITG model.

either way, this product looks weak. i took a look at some of the autos that have hit ebay and i expect most people were very disappointed.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:45 AM   #34 (permalink)

I've busted a lot of the last couple leaf cut signature edition releases and I really liked the Masterpiece set but I just can't bring myself to get any of this with so many boxes and no checklist.
jhmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
didn't Famous Fabrics always put cut auto checklists out? i believe i always saw them for their Horrors of War products.

i wonder if the Leaf-ITG partnership will go this direction... adopting the Leaf model instead of the much more customer friendly ITG model.

either way, this product looks weak. i took a look at some of the autos that have hit ebay and i expect most people were very disappointed.
In my opinion the Leaf partnership (more like takeover) will kill Sportkings and other products. The things people like about Sportkings such as integrity, on card autos, and no serial numbering will all be lost.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:13 PM   #36 (permalink)

Decided to try one box

I slowly look at the signature noticing the paper looks pretty old.

Look at the nameplate and it's a Lou Gehrig! I got lucky today
Camman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:05 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Everything is for sale for the right price! Please PM me with an offers you may have. Pic is below
Thanks for sharing your breaks. I was really looking forward to this product as Americana is my primary non-sport PC. I'll be staying away unless the price drops dramatically.

I'm still at a loss over Vince Gill. I actually love his music, but even I would have been royally pissed over that pull....
Faulkenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:40 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Decided to try one box

Holy Crap, congrats!!!
Old 06-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faulkenburg View Post
Thanks for sharing your breaks. I was really looking forward to this product as Americana is my primary non-sport PC. I'll be staying away unless the price drops dramatically.

I'm still at a loss over Vince Gill. I actually love his music, but even I would have been royally pissed over that pull....
I was looking forward to it as well. I had no idea that they would have recent musicians in the set. I could understand major genre changers or major contributors to music. I understand that Country music can be considered an American thing, but if you are going to add country music artists only include the founders or something.

Vince Gill or anyone like him should not be in a $180 box of cards, that's absurd! I can understand him being in a regular cut signature box at ~$75, but no way for $180! If I sold a box of this stuff to someone and they pulled Vince Gill I would be totally embarrassed and ashamed. That person would probably hate me as a seller and be turned off of cut signature products forever.

Yes, I am still pissed off over that pull, haha but what can we do now.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:49 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Decided to try one box

wow, congratulations. that's truly a monster hit.

i don't remember seeing it on the sell sheet. so either i missed it or Leaf didn't think it was worthy?
Old 06-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand that Country music can be considered an American thing, but if you are going to add country music artists only include the founders or something.
definitely... but that should apply whether it's country music or another genre. Frank Sinatra makes sense... he was/is a cultural icon. Vince Gill and Gregg Allman make no sense.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
definitely... but that should apply whether it's country music or another genre. Frank Sinatra makes sense... he was/is a cultural icon. Vince Gill and Gregg Allman make no sense.
Totally agree! While I do understand that there has to be lower end hits, they could definitely be cooler. And a $185 box low end hit should be of much higher quality than a $75 box low end hit. Vine Gill, Melanie Griffith, Gregg Allman, etc... should be saved for the $75 a box stuff.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #43 (permalink)

"Checklist coming soon", right? So glad I didn't buy in!
baskettrader is offline   Reply With Quote