Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages (PIP) Info Page > Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - NON-SPORTS

Blowoutcards Product Information Pages - NON-SPORTS Non-Sport Card Product Information, Sell Sheets, Box Breaks, YouTube Videos, Ebay Singles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2014 Leaf Making of America

Dear Collectors,

Below you will find the most up-to-date product information available. Our goal is to compile as much information within this THREAD regarding this product as possible. Throughout the Pre-sell process, we will update this thread with any content changes, videos/images, or any other manufacturer announcements that are made before the product is released. Once the product comes live, this thread will also be a great resource for break and content information.

Blowout Cards offers two ways to Pre-Order New releases!

If you would like to pre-order this product in full, you may do so by purchasing box and/or case pre-orders on our website.
We also offer our customers the option of locking in on ANY pre-sell case price with only a $200 deposit per case! By doing so, you are reserving a case at the current pre-sell pricing. The balance of the case price will be due when the product is shipped. Please email Chris@blowoutcards.com for details.

Attention Multi-Case and Group Breakers!

If you are looking to purchase multi-case lots (2+,5+, 10+ Cases), Blowout Cards will do our best to earn your business! Simply email Chris@blowoutcards.com for our multi-case break pricing! (Excludes Panini Mapp Products).

Thanks again for your continued business.

Chris

Please click the links below to purchase this product by the Box or Case

CASE
2014 Famous Fabrics Ink - Making Of America 5 Box Case

BOX
2014 Famous Fabrics Ink - Making Of America Box

2014 Leaf Making of America

blowoutcards2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

this could be interesting depending on the price point.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

This looks great if the price is right.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

looks like the price is around $200 or so.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

$200 for a non-photo cut signature card and 2 "base" cards?

Which of the celebrities images are actually licensed?

Who is the artist for the set?
Old 04-12-2014, 02:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Another cut signature product without photos or names on the card. Great names on the sellsheet, but how hard can it be to put names/ photos on a product like this for once, Leaf? It would add so much value to the product.
baskettrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

This was originally going to be a Famous Fabrics product, Leaf bought them and now it's coming out. Just like the Big Apple Baseball Leaf put out was a Famous Fabrics product made in 2012.
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

It's funny now looking at the sketch cards of what people apparently made up America, about 90% of those guys were either racist, anti-Semitic or huge philanderers.
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsnsox07 View Post
This was originally going to be a Famous Fabrics product, Leaf bought them and now it's coming out. Just like the Big Apple Baseball Leaf put out was a Famous Fabrics product made in 2012.
FF always (at least I think so) put names on their cut signature cards, Leaf did it for their Presidential Series only. This is why I like FF cut signatures a lot more than Leaf's various editions. Leaf is in charge of this product now, not Brian Price .....
Old 04-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsnsox07 View Post
It's funny now looking at the sketch cards of what people apparently made up America, about 90% of those guys were either racist, anti-Semitic or huge philanderers.
so, in other words, they were democrats.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Any more information on this set? I'm interested but as with all other leaf products, the lack of information and no checklist keeps me from buying.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers04 View Post
Any more information on this set? I'm interested but as with all other leaf products, the lack of information and no checklist keeps me from buying.
I wanted to ask for the same. So a checklist would be really nice.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

New pictures? Some actual sketches? A checklist? Anything? I mean it's less than three weeks away from release date. Keep us interested.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Anything yet?
Camman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

Nothing at all. The release date (which was already pushed back once for about a month, I believe) is in about three weeks from today. At some point you really got to ask, what's going on with this product?
Old 06-03-2014, 03:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Talked to Brian Gray, ship date is June 11th and he does not have a checklist. One case of 5 boxes is a factory price of $660
Camman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camman View Post
Talked to Brian Gray, ship date is June 11th and he does not have a checklist. One case of 5 boxes is a factory price of $660
In my opinion it is never a good sign when a company will not produce a checklist for a product of this type.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:39 AM   #18 (permalink)

Yes, it is weird that there is no checklist yet, but Leaf's website has the base checklist with the cut signature checklist coming soon. There are now 9 auctions for this set up on eBay. We are getting our 4 cases today.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Hmmm, well, it looks like production got chopped by a solid 25%. The base cards up for auction on eBay are all numbered /30. The sell sheet had them as /40. Interesting.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

There aren't many of these boxes available anywhere.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #21 (permalink)

I feel like the $30 asking price for those base cards might be a steal down the road. I think he had the original art redemption for $200, too. I mean, what if that ends up being for the JFK? If a box is $185, about, ... 200 for the original... wow.

On these numbers, if all 100 of the original art pieces are inserted, the odds of pulling one are 1:15 boxes or, 1:3 cases. Not bad.

100 base cards x 30 = 3000 base cards.
2 base cards per box = 1500 boxes.
1500 boxes / 100 original art pieces = 15 boxes.

If somebody manages to actually put together this base set, it'll be amazing.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #22 (permalink)

I sure hope the base cards go for some decent amounts, as many of the autos in this are garbage from a value perspective.
I got one box and got Neil Simon. A top playwright of course, but absolutely no secondary market value.
edhou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #23 (permalink)

It looks like EVERY SINGLE Leaf cut signature product ever released. No names or pictures on the card, again. Thought it would be at least something like that Big Apple product, I'm disappointed (besides the fact there's still no signature checklist out there).
Old 06-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

We opened 4 cases of this product....

Here are some of my random thoughts and observations based on what we pulled

1.) Vince Gill should not be considered to have "Made America", and should not be considered to be "Making America" today... On that note, neither should Melanie Griffith (as seen in an eBay auction)

2.) Labor Leaders?

3.) Businessman?

4.) Vince Gill???!!! WTF Leaf! (I know I already said it as #1, but I am saying it again, lol)

5.) We pulled 1 redemption card for the original artwork. I have no idea what it is. It says this "2014 Leaf Making Of America Original Production Artwork". The really neat thing though is that I redeemed it last night, and Leaf has already shipped it.

6.) Unknown Actors/Actresses should not be in this product. Some of our pulls reminded me of Press Pass Platinum Cuts.

7.) A lot of the stickers on the BGS holders are coming off and a lot of the base card holders have cracks. I wonder if it was because they were on a hot UPS truck driving around the Phoenix area all day...

8.) The back of the cards say "This card bears an authentic cut signature. Famous Fabrics guarantees that the cut signature on this card is authentic". I think this is poorly written, and comes off as trying to convince people that it's real, just bad execution in my opinion.

9.) We pulled Vice Presidents and 1st ladies.

10.) I really like the H.G. Wells and the William Livingston (Died in 1790) autos.

I am not sure if I will post our breaks or not, but I would not recommend this product... Box price is too much for what's coming out of it.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:10 PM   #25 (permalink)

Does the art redemption take the place of one of the three cards? Or are they just inserted as an additional bonus?
hitman12 is offline   Reply With Quote