|08-29-2007, 09:37 AM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jun 2007
2007 Topps HEROES Series 1
The TV Series Everyone is Talking About
Is the Next Big Trading Card Franchise!
Heroes caught many by surprise with out-of-this-world TV ratings and unanimous critical acclaim. A People’s Choice Award winner and recently nominated for 8 Emmys including Best Drama Series, Heroes enters its second season with the most anticipated premiere in recent memory!
A potent mix of science-fiction, superhero fantasy and compelling characters, Heroes has generated a rabid fan following -- making it the ideal trading card property. Heroes fans not only watch the episodes on TV, they also watch them over and over again on the Heroes website and devour the mega-popular on-line graphic novel. As Heroes merchandise finally hits shelves this fall, these fans will be flocking to stores in droves. Heroes: Season One trading cards will be among the first products available.
With over 14 million viewers each week, Heroes is the # 1 new TV series. There are lots of details on the show’s success in the enclosed brochure, but the good news keeps coming. Here’s an update:
• # 1 Monday night series, surpassing hit series CSI: Miami by 9%.
• The first season finale was the #1 telecast of the night, outperforming the season finale of Fox’s 24 by 50% .
• A Heroes spin-off is already in the works! Heroes Origins will air Spring ‘08. Fan-fave Kevin Smith (Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob) will direct the first episode.
• A multi-faceted marketing campaign is underway for Season 2, which will encompass all channels including: radio, cable, print, digital, out-of-home, in-theatre, publicity, events, digital promotions, and affiliate advertising.
• Recently announced licensing partners include videogame publisher Ubisoft, DC Comics, Random House, Mezco Toyz and Changes apparel.
Unlike some properties that are “here today and gone tomorrow,” the Heroes brand has year-round exposure through the TV show resulting in extended shelf-life and the opportunity for multiple waves of product.
Topps is encapsulating the entire first season of Heroes in a premium 90-card series with multiple levels of collectible inserts: Dual-Image Foil Cards, Sketch Cards (Hobby Exclusive!), Memorabilia (Hobby Exclusive!), and Autographs (Hobby Exclusive!).
And remember: Topps is your only trading card source for Heroes trading cards. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity!