Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Hows my team, I am so so on it WR weak

So I had my first live draft of the year last night with all my friends. I have always had the 7th or later of a pick. I got 3rd last night. Please let me know how you think I did. I like it a lil bit but have a few worries. I will post why by the pick.

1. Jamaal Charles RB
2. R. Mendanhall RB
3. Tom Brady (this leagues takes QBs early and he was the last of the elite left and I wasnt getting another pick for a while, he wouldnt have been there)
4. Dallas Clark (Worried about Peyton a lil bit and same situation as Brady here
5. Dez Bryant WR (best available and huge upside if healthy
6. Mike Williams WR TB Lots of upside here I think
7.Cedric Benson RB (lots of touches)
8. Beanie Wells RB good pick I think if he stays healthy and is the primary
9. M. Manningham WR I like him with Steve Smith gone to Philly
10. Steve SMith WR Carolina I know he has the skills so lets hope
11. Tomlinson RB heres hoping
12. Ryan Torain RB He should start and could be great if healthy
13. Davone Bess WR we get a half point per rec. so a great pick in the 13th
14. Brandon Petigrew TE. With Clark, Ill use this spot to change players a lot as needed for bye weeks
15. Alex Henery K ( Im a Huskers fan so I like him)
16. Giants D/ST ( I play Defense by matchup and change them a lot so not a bad pick with the 3rd to last pick overall for my D/ST

Let me know guys. I think Charles can easily be the best RB in the NFLthis year and Mendanhall is a solid RB2. As longas my WRs are ok, I think I have a great team. Standard scoring league but with a half point per reception.

Team name is "Smelly Punt Hairs"
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

i agree i hope my team is this good u got mike williams as ur sixth pick hes dirty
mrmoz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think you reached taking Clark in the 4th. I would of grabbed the best WR available there. Williams and Dez as your 1 and 2 is going to be frustrating all season. I see them as either having a big game or no game from week to week, not much middle ground there. Good job on Mendy though, he is a definite RB1 and you got him as your 2, I took him 8th in the 1st rd of my 12 team league. I think he puts up Top 5 numbers this season.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
I think you reached taking Clark in the 4th. I would of grabbed the best WR available there. Williams and Dez as your 1 and 2 is going to be frustrating all season. I see them as either having a big game or no game from week to week, not much middle ground there. Good job on Mendy though, he is a definite RB1 and you got him as your 2, I took him 8th in the 1st rd of my 12 team league. I think he puts up Top 5 numbers this season.
With theDallas Clark pick, There was no WRs left. Clark was the last of the elite TEs left. The only WR I thought about picking there was Ocho Cinco but I thought hed last a lil longer and he went right after I took Clark instead. These guys draft different though. 3 QBs went in the 1st round and 2 WRs. Then most of the WRs went in rounds 2,3, and 4. I was gonna get Desean Jackson or Mike Wallace in the 4th round but they went to the 2 guys in front of me. Its a weird draft usually, we have a few idiots like the guy who took Brees 10th overall and then got Big Ben in the 6th round and Flacco in the 9th. That same guy also got 3 D/ST players.

I dont mind my WRs as much as I thought I would, I like Manningham as my WR3 and we only play 2 WR and2 RB and then have a flex.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Actually not bad at all obviously you need some solid numbers from some of the "new kids on the block" but the potential is definately there

1. Jamaal Charles RB (Solid Pick)
2. R. Mendanhall RB
3. Tom Brady (Still gonna put up good numbers)
4. Dallas Clark
5. Dez Bryant WR (Hate him but monster year as long as he stays healthy)
6. Mike Williams WR TB (If Freeman is the real deal Williams will be solid)7.Cedric Benson RB
8. Beanie Wells RB (HaHaHaHa I could be wrong but wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole)
9. M. Manningham WR (Great pick with Smith out of the picture solid #2 receiver)
10. Steve SMith WR
11. Tomlinson RB (Not sure how much he has left in the tank)
12. Ryan Torain RB (Upside if he stays healthy)
13. Davone Bess WR
14. Brandon Petigrew TE
15. Alex Henery K (Who cares)
16. Giants D/ST (Good defensive pick will put up points for ya)
From the Halls of Montezuma To the shores of Tripoli; We fight our country's battles In the air, on land, and sea; First to fight for right and freedom And to keep our honor clean; We are proud to claim the title Of United States Marine.
ronlabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronlabo View Post
Actually not bad at all obviously you need some solid numbers from some of the "new kids on the block" but the potential is definately there

1. Jamaal Charles RB (Solid Pick)
2. R. Mendanhall RB
3. Tom Brady (Still gonna put up good numbers)
4. Dallas Clark
5. Dez Bryant WR (Hate him but monster year as long as he stays healthy)
6. Mike Williams WR TB (If Freeman is the real deal Williams will be solid)7.Cedric Benson RB
8. Beanie Wells RB (HaHaHaHa I could be wrong but wouldn't touch him with a 10' pole)
9. M. Manningham WR (Great pick with Smith out of the picture solid #2 receiver)
10. Steve SMith WR
11. Tomlinson RB (Not sure how much he has left in the tank)
12. Ryan Torain RB (Upside if he stays healthy)
13. Davone Bess WR
14. Brandon Petigrew TE
15. Alex Henery K (Who cares)
16. Giants D/ST (Good defensive pick will put up points for ya)

I agree ROn but he has a chance being the only back in AZ. What do you guys think about picking Andre Roberts up since he is the #2 WR now. Breaston is gone so Roberts could be good this year. I have a ton of his cards too so heres hoping but I wonder if I should grab Roberts now or wait until he has a decent game.

Also Ronald, I care about Alex Henery, hes a Husker baby. GO BIG RED!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

As you said, your wide receiving core is weak, and I don't think you have much bench depth. Also, no backup qb?
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

With Williams being out, Beanie is the only real choice, Stephens-Howling would be the backup, so he'll have a great chance
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Also probably should drop the 6th RB for a backup QB
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

I have Tom Brady. He plays against all teams. Ill worry about a backup QB for his BYE week or if he gets hurt. Thats why I drafted an elite QB so I didnt have to worry about my QB week to week.