Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #26 (permalink)

Damn dude Idk if I am going to make the $40 payment due 5 days from now. I might have to back out. Don't want to but have to come up with 600 cash by next monday for lawyer remediation I only got 1 weeks notice of yesterday and pay for the July break too and that comes first and the 1st is always a money pinch for me. Anyway I can get an extension of a week on that? If not I guess I will back out but I don't want to.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #27 (permalink)

Here Are The Updated Guide Lines (Payment Deadline Has Been Pushed Back):

2 Simple Rules To Join....

1. Be A Member Of Lexus2903 Monthly Football Group Break
2. Agree To Guidelines

****I Am Participating In This League, I Will Be Housing All Prizes....If You Have An Issue With This Please Do Not Join This League.****

***All Weekly Prizes Will Be Mailed Weekly....Championship Prizes Will Be Mailed Out No Later Than 1 Week After The Championship Game.***

**1 Card w/ $50.00 Value Based On Current Ebay Sales Will Have To Be Presented via Scan and once approved it needs to be in my possession no later than The 13th of July.....The Card Will Have To Be Shipped To Me(pico04) w/ Delivery Conf. after being approved**

*Paypal Payment Will Be Due No Later Than The 13th of July*
NFL: Green Bay Packers
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:43 PM   #28 (permalink)

We Are Full....I will PM the 12 Participants When I Get Home....I Need Emails so I can send League Invites.

Participants:

1. pico04
2. mustangjj909
3. lexus2903
4. iBLeeDBaTTLeReD
5. Bigbadbloom
6. joestyl
7. tthomas
8. Falcons_Fan
9. fishtaco02
11. popmaz
12. Gator993

Last edited by pico04; 06-27-2012 at 02:13 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Damn dude Idk if I am going to make the $40 payment due 5 days from now. I might have to back out. Don't want to but have to come up with 600 cash by next monday for lawyer remediation I only got 1 weeks notice of yesterday and pay for the July break too and that comes first and the 1st is always a money pinch for me. Anyway I can get an extension of a week on that? If not I guess I will back out but I don't want to.
I can spot you the $40.

Nevermind, just saw the deadline change.
joestyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestyl View Post
I can spot you the $40.

Thanks for trying to help Brotha!....With the extended time I think people can take the time to choose the card they want to enter or Buy the card they want to enter, and I forgot about our Group Break Deadline so this should work out.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #31 (permalink)

If you guys want PM me your Email Addy...If I dont have it by the time I get home I will PM Those Individuals.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestyl View Post
I can spot you the $40.

Thank you brother that's awesome of you to offer that. Freaking money's tight with me going through my divorce. Should be back to good as soon as I stop paying all of the lawyer costs.

Thanks Pico as well for moving it back for me

One question I have is when is the random going to be done for drafting? I like to plan my drafting strategy before the draft. Can we do that at least a couple days before draft day please?

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Don't ever worry what other people think. Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
Old 06-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #33 (permalink)

I planed on setting the Draft to Random 1 Hour Before The Actual Draft
Old 06-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #34 (permalink)

That sure doesn't leave any time to trade picks or plan for it for us like that

Old 06-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #35 (permalink)

We can work it out....we can set the Draft Order on the 17 of July or Sooner if everything comes in before the deadline and give us a week or so to prep.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #36 (permalink)

Cool see my pm? Once you approve I will ship mine out. Even my broke ass can afford 1.66 postage lol

Old 06-27-2012, 02:09 AM   #37 (permalink)

addicted36 has vacated his spot in The League

He has a card that he felt was acceptable and I didnt feel the same, I was on the fence and asked if he had anything else. He felt strongly about his card meeting the value for the buy in and I can understand his stance but I didnt agree....

He felt that I personally didnt like it so and thats why I declined it so he requested to vacate his slot....He has offered to show the card to you all so you can see what I declined and I have invited him to do so.

For anyone that might have this issue in the future in regards to the value and I not agreeing with it....I am more than happy to use another trusted member like Lex for input so that its a fair deal....so dont hesitate to request that should we disagree and you feel strong about your card value.

If you guys have any questions regarding this please feel free to ask.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico04 View Post
addicted36 has vacated his spot in The League

He has a card that he felt was acceptable and I didnt feel the same, I was on the fence and asked if he had anything else. He felt strongly about his card meeting the value for the buy in and I can understand his stance but I didnt agree....

He felt that I personally didnt like it so and thats why I declined it so he requested to vacate his slot....He has offered to show the card to you all so you can see what I declined and I have invited him to do so.

For anyone that might have this issue in the future in regards to the value and I not agreeing with it....I am more than happy to use another trusted member like Lex for input so that its a fair deal....so dont hesitate to request that should we disagree and you feel strong about your card value.

If you guys have any questions regarding this please feel free to ask.
What really sucks is that most of the cards right now will have a real low SV because it's the off season. My Andy Dalton contenders auto probably has a $55 SV right now, but I feel it's worth more than that and when the season starts it will be.
joestyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #39 (permalink)

SV is always confusing, and I agree our football cards are going to be at their lowest point right now....
Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #40 (permalink)

Agree, let's have addicted show his card. He's a stand up guy. I probably will end up buying one off of eBay to be honest about it. Most of my bigger money cards are gone except my pc which is not, nor ever will be up for grabs lol.
lexus2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #41 (permalink)

If all football cards are valued less right now than at least we are all playing under the same rules. Even if the $50 card buy in is really a $65 value during the season.

In my discussions with Pico I have mentioned that the card value will be the hardest part. Not to mention the $50 range seems to be a difficult one (there seems to be a $40 level and than a much higher level). I have 2 cards in my collection that are worth this (or more) and neither would I put up. I had one card that is close and Pico denied it, but honestly if I put it up for $50 BIN on ebay Im not sure it would sell until camp opens and my rookie gets some hype for some reason.

So I spent the night searching ebay (always fun but dangerous). Thinking about a graded Marino Rookie card or another RC of a HoF player.

Addicted can put his card up but I think it has to be up to Pico and Pico alone, if you start getting several opinions we will either let some people in for lesser value than others or it just wont be consistant.
Gator993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #42 (permalink)

Also just posted a thread in B/S/T for someone to post cards they have for sale for $50. If they save ebay fees maybe I can get a little better than a $50 card for the buy in. Feel free to check in, not sure how many good options will show up but Im optimistic.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #43 (permalink)

Sorry scans not the greatest but the card is mint out of /75

There aren't any completed like that on ebay. The /100 four color patches go for $50 delivered on ebay

2012 TOPPS FINEST RYAN MALLETT 4COLOR PATCH/AUTO REFRACTOR #1/99 ROOKIE | eBay

I believe this meets the criteria of a $50 SV card, Pico disagrees. Felt strongly against that because the cards he pointed out to me that sold for under 50 were single color patches out of /100. I agree with Gator99, this is Picos league and as such I felt like the only thing I can do is to leave the league unless opinions are different. I didn't want to start any trouble and didn't want to derail the league

Last edited by addicted36; 06-27-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #44 (permalink)

Damn you Alex for running our league lol, I am with led and gator, I'll have to buy a $50 card and send it in after I get it.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator993 View Post
Also just posted a thread in B/S/T for someone to post cards they have for sale for $50. If they save ebay fees maybe I can get a little better than a $50 card for the buy in. Feel free to check in, not sure how many good options will show up but Im optimistic.
Good plan, let me know when you're off the front page and I'll bump you gator.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator993 View Post
If all football cards are valued less right now than at least we are all playing under the same rules. Even if the $50 card buy in is really a $65 value during the season.

In my discussions with Pico I have mentioned that the card value will be the hardest part. Not to mention the $50 range seems to be a difficult one (there seems to be a $40 level and than a much higher level). I have 2 cards in my collection that are worth this (or more) and neither would I put up. I had one card that is close and Pico denied it, but honestly if I put it up for $50 BIN on ebay Im not sure it would sell until camp opens and my rookie gets some hype for some reason.

So I spent the night searching ebay (always fun but dangerous). Thinking about a graded Marino Rookie card or another RC of a HoF player.

Addicted can put his card up but I think it has to be up to Pico and Pico alone, if you start getting several opinions we will either let some people in for lesser value than others or it just wont be consistant.
I Agree

After searching Ebay looking for a card to buy for my Buy In I think we will drop to the $40-$50 Range so we can get a bit of wiggle room.

I'll make the adjustment on the Guidelines
Old 06-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico04 View Post
I Agree

After searching Ebay looking for a card to buy for my Buy In I think we will drop to the $40-$50 Range so we can get a bit of wiggle room.

I'll make the adjustment on the Guidelines
Ok cool if that was the rule we never would have had a problem last night with my submission, so does anyone mind if I stay?

Old 06-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #48 (permalink)

I still have a pretty cool Kendall hunter /25 patch auto that I think would sell for $40...no history. But having to much fun finding an exciting card to throw in so the search will continue.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #49 (permalink)

Plus I'm such a huge favorite to win the league my card probably should be worth more

Someone had to start the friendly trash talk.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Ok cool if that was the rule we never would have had a problem last night with my submission, so does anyone mind if I stay?

I Will PM You Shortly