Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #51 (permalink)

I think the 4 clr mallet would qualify, thats just my opinon though. Good thing my newtons are still holding most of their value, even in the off season
Base: http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n507/L_I_P/Baseball/
fishtaco02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtaco02 View Post
I think the 4 clr mallet would qualify, thats just my opinon though. Good thing my newtons are still holding most of their value, even in the off season
Feel free to put one up
Gator993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator993 View Post
Feel free to put one up
Yeah, what he said
joestyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #54 (permalink)

ok pico waiting on you

http://s775.beta.photobucket.com/user/alexladue/library/

Damn The Hard Times. Enjoy The Good Times!
addicted36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #55 (permalink)

lol..I am thinking about it. Is there anyway to look at past ebay sales for more then 60 days, or is 60 days the max it will allow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestyl View Post
Yeah, what he said
Old 06-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #56 (permalink)

addicted36 will not rejoin The Group

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me
NFL: Green Bay Packers
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico04
I was not happy with how you decided to deal with this issue and didnt like the pot shot at me in your last PM.

I got nothing against you personally, actually I thought you and I got along pretty well but based on your last PM and how/why you vacated your slot I dont believe I want you part of this anymore.

I know I am not perfect but I address every concern you/anyone brought up....if it was the Deadline....Prizes....The Draft but for whatever reason you didnt give me the chance to remedy the Mallet Value issue.

Thank You for your interest and input but I plan on filling your vacated slot with another member.

~Pico

Pico has booted me out of the group. Had the rule been $40-$50 yesterday we never had a problem, and its interesting to me that fishtaco02 agreed that my card qualified but Pico has a personal problem with me so I'm out.

This was my last PM to Pico

"Ok man going to bow out of this then. Clearly my card is good enough but you don't like it so give my spot away to someone else and if the group wants to know why feel free to show my submission and your disapproval. Thanks"

What pot shot? What disrespect? I said that so the group didn't think I backed out for no reason.

Pico I am a straight shooter, I say what is on my mind all the time, I never kiss any ones ass ever, and I'm not going to change for you. I offered a fair card to this and you turned this nasty and now you actually scare the crap out of me as a commissioner who will be holding 500 cash and over 1000 dollars worth of other people's cards. This is not the group for me. There is absolutely nothing worse then a bad manager, even in fantasy football

Good luck everyone, hope you whoop Picos ass every game this year and I hope for your sake he doesn't always act like a dick

Last edited by addicted36; 06-27-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico04 View Post
addicted36 will not rejoin The Group

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to PM me
Or just post them here, secrets and trying to make it seem like you didn't kick me out of this is crap. Everyone is putting you in a position of trust, you better shape up and act less like a micro manager and more like an unpartial commissioner.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #59 (permalink)

Pico04, sent you a PM about the card i was thinking of submitting
Old 06-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Pico has booted me out of the group. Had the rule been $40-$50 yesterday we never had a problem, and its interesting to me that fishtaco02 agreed that my card qualified but Pico has a personal problem with me so I'm out.

This was my last PM to Pico

"Ok man going to bow out of this then. Clearly my card is good enough but you don't like it so give my spot away to someone else and if the group wants to know why feel free to show my submission and your disapproval. Thanks"

What pot shot? What disrespect? I said that so the group didn't think I backed out for no reason.

Pico I am a straight shooter, I say what is on my mind all the time, I never kiss any ones ass ever, and I'm not going to change for you. I offered a fair card to this and you turned this nasty and now you actually scare the crap out of me as a commissioner who will be holding 500 cash and over 1000 dollars worth of other people's cards. This is not the group for me. There is absolutely nothing worse then a bad manager, even in fantasy football

Good luck everyone, hope you whoop Picos ass every game this year and I hope for your sake he doesn't always act like a dick
You are a straight shooter and I like I said I got no issue with you personally....Im not gonna turn this nasty or fight or argue with you. Feel free to vent or discuss your displeasure. I got a pretty good rep and I hope that stands on its on merit.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
You are a straight shooter and I like I said I got no issue with you personally....Im not gonna turn this nasty or fight or argue with you. Feel free to vent or discuss your displeasure. I got a pretty good rep and I hope that stands on its on merit.
No issue with me personally is a load of bullcrap. The issue here is how you dealt with this. You had a choice to make. You could have let last night blow over, said my card was fine last night or even today, you could have let me stay in this and keep peace was in the valley for everyone. Instead you made decisions that resulted in this. I've had people pm'ing me trying to figure this out since you booted me out. The league is taking notice of this. We all have choices to make. If you were going to not make this personal why boot me out? Here is a history of all of our pm's about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My email address is:

alexladue@yahoo.com

About the $50 card what do you think about this one?

There aren't any completed like that on ebay. The /100 four color patches go for $40 on ebay, is that good?
Is that #ed to /75
Yes
Im gonna have to say No....The Last 3 #ed /100 went for:

$24.50 ~ 2011 Topps Finest Ryan Mallett RC New England Patriots Patch Auto #d 13/100 | eBay

$26.01 ~ RYAN MALLETT 2011 FINEST 3 CLR PATCH AUTO AUTOGRAPH PATRIOTS #RAP-RM 20/100 | eBay

$41.00 *Graded 9.5* ~Ryan Mallett 2011 Topps Finest Jersey Patch Autograph BGS 9.5 10 Auto 23/100 GEM | eBay

You got anything else?
2012 TOPPS FINEST RYAN MALLETT 4COLOR PATCH/AUTO REFRACTOR #1/99 ROOKIE | eBay

That's the last 4 color patch auto that's sold and it was out of 99 not 100. Those others didn't have 4 color patches with stitching like mine and its shorter printed

Im in the fence....It was BIN not auction...great card but I dont think so bud
Ok man going to bow out of this then. Clearly my card is good enough but you don't like it so give my spot away to someone else and if the group wants to know why feel free to show my submission and your disapproval. Thanks
Yet your saying in this thread things like

"you didnt give me the chance to remedy the Mallet Value issue"

If you had planned to drop the price to $40-$50 then why not say something to me about this last night or today even? Why kick me out then make that call? Why didn't you just drop the entire thing instead of posting this and not fixing our issue today if you wanted to?

"addicted36 has vacated his spot in The League

He has a card that he felt was acceptable and I didnt feel the same, I was on the fence and asked if he had anything else. He felt strongly about his card meeting the value for the buy in and I can understand his stance but I didnt agree....

He felt that I personally didnt like it so and thats why I declined it so he requested to vacate his slot....He has offered to show the card to you all so you can see what I declined and I have invited him to do so.

For anyone that might have this issue in the future in regards to the value and I not agreeing with it....I am more than happy to use another trusted member like Lex for input so that its a fair deal....so dont hesitate to request that should we disagree and you feel strong about your card value.

If you guys have any questions regarding this please feel free to ask."

Where are you trying to work things out with me? I sure as hell can't tell. I posted my card and response here today because this is a league of 12 people. It's not just Pico's league. I think you've made it clear you only care about one person's opinion and anyone speaking against that is going to be kicked out. Who wants to be in a league commissioned like this? For that matter who wants to trust someone who only will accept what cards they want? You planning to keep them? I don't get that at all but was trying to work within the rules.

I still want to be in this, why because I like playing Fantasy Football. I didn't sign up to play "Lets make Pico happy" I wanted to play fantasy football with my group break team yet you took it upon yourself to be a complete dick to me and booted me out. Why? Because you didn't like me being honest with you. You didn't like the way I talked to you? Where in those PM's is the "pot shot" you claim I gave you?

You don't even have the guts to call it what it is, you don't want me in the league. You want the truth there it is. Don't hide behind PM's and secret messages. Don't question if I'm willing to call you or anyone to the carpet when I feel I have to. The way you handled this is terrible. You say this isn't personal, you made it personal not me. It didn't have to be that way, you choose this. All I wanted was to play Fantasy Football with my buds.

Last edited by addicted36; 06-27-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:26 PM   #62 (permalink)

Yikes...I have done no research on the card in question but I would not of thought it was a $40 card but back up qbs that might not play for a couple years value always surprises me.

It's picos call. I don't understand why you couldn't just accept the cards didn't meet his standards and try to work something else out.

In regards to not being picos league, it actually is. In fantasy sports it's much better to have one commish make all the calls then run by committee. Then you just decide if you think the commish will do what you consider a good job and join or not based on that.

Sorry you couldn't make this work out but you never gave another option besides the one card. You just felt it should of been accepted. It was always going to be the most difficult part of this league and we have to stand by the commish decision or this will never get off the ground.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #63 (permalink)

Hey maybe im being a bit sensitive....But when you response to me not agreeing with you is "Clearly my card is good enough but you don't like it so give my spot away to someone else and if the group wants to know why feel free to show my submission and your disapproval."

That pissed me off....It has nothing to do with if I personally like the player on the card or even the set it comes out of and thats how I interpreted you message.

Even before I put this together I listed to your/others opinions....I began with an all or nothing idea and turned it into what we have now. You left the League before trying to find resolution.

"Ok man going to bow out of this then. Thanks"

This was my responce to you "Bowing Out"

Quote:
Whoa!

I dont understand why you have to come off with a negative attitude about it....If you feel so strong about I would have been more than happy to get another opinion from a member we trust. Never did I say I didnt like it, matter of fact I said it was a great card....?

Im bummed out that you would come at me that way...hell I pushed back deadlines for you and now I get to feel like I did something wrong for not agreeing about value.

Whatever....I'll make sure to post in the thread why you vacated your spot and you can post the card if you feel it necessary to do so.

I agree that I did not let you come back but never did I kick you out....if I didnt want you personally in the group why didnt I just let you leave when you stated you couldnt pay by the established deadline?

Im not gonna get in a war of words with you and you cant convince me to turn this personal. I didn't like your attitude or the way you handled it so I decided not to let you come back after you left. I could have been more passive and dealt with this in a different manner but I did take the idea that I denied you card because of my personal preference as a pot shot.

If members of this group feel like I made a poor choice and now dont trust me and would like to vacate their spot, I wont hold anything against them at all. This is all for fun and not drama and all the nagative stuff your throwing at me wont change my opinion of you. You are still a stand up guy and I wont hold any grudges should we be in a position to deal/communicate with each other again. If you dislike me now, well I guess its your right to.

Last edited by pico04; 06-27-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #64 (permalink)

To change topics my thread in B/S/T is getting a few good options. I need to see what's the prices are on some but there is a triple auto of Gore/mjd/sjax and considering there fantasy relevance if that one sells comparably on eBay I kind of like it.

Check out the thread though there are some other good cards I think.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #65 (permalink)

You turned this personal not me. I wanted back in the league and left to not cause any problems. And I keep saying I still want to play with my team break group. Yet your emotions won't allow me back in still because of how you interpreted my pm last night and I never even saw that message you quoted. When did you send that? Had you sent that to me I would have said yes lets have the group speak on it and taken it to the group. That's what I always do, I can show you my fantasy league where we all speak on topics and listen together and its democratic not a dictatorship. I tried to show you why I thought it was a $50 card from past auctions not once but twice and you still shut it down and said what else do I have? Well money's tight for me, that's my card submission and its clear it falls under the rules you set out yet you just want me not in this and that's #@#@#@#@ed up and hard to accept

Old 06-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #66 (permalink)

I sent that Response (PM) @ 10:01 PM Yesterday
Old 06-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #67 (permalink)

Everything has been changed because I listen to the group....except that I didnt agree with you, I have addressed everything else.

dic·ta·tor
   [dik-tey-ter, dik-tey-ter]
noun
a person exercising absolute power, especially a ruler who has absolute, unrestricted control in a government without hereditary succession.

^^^How the hell have I been a Dictator?

All you had to say was, It's all I got Pico, money is tight can we work something out.

Last edited by pico04; 06-27-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
I sent that Response (PM) @ 10:01 PM Yesterday
And I didn't get it so the first thing I saw today was that post of yours saying I was out and saw other people wanting to know why and I posted. And not once in this whole thing today have you even said drop the whole #@#@#@#@ing thing and let me back in

Quote:
Everything has been changed because I listen to the group....except that I didnt agree with you, I have addressed everything else.

dic·ta·tor
   [dik-tey-ter, dik-tey-ter]
noun
a person exercising absolute power, especially a ruler who has absolute, unrestricted control in a government without hereditary succession.

^^^How the hell have I been a Dictator?
You won't let me back in, you want to control what cards are allowed as entry, your the final decision maker for card values (until this happened between us and you wont let me in the group so to me this still applies to me directly)

The whole #@#@#@#@ing issue could have been avoided had I gotten that message last night and we taken this card to the group for discussion or had you decided today at some point that this was water under the bridge and let me back in. Everything would have been good between us. But your either not getting that or don't give a damn about that

Old 06-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #69 (permalink)

1 message that you "didn't receive" doesn't change the fact that according to you Im a dictator, you are scared about me holding the cards/prizes and Im a bad manager which is a horrible thing to have in a FF League. I have a personal vendetta against you and I don't have the guts to call it what it is....Oh and if I deny cards its because I dont like it not because of the value.

I wish you would have gotten the PM....but all the #@#@#@#@ you talked man, so unnecessary in my opinion. Every time I tried to take the high road you came back at me and pretty much called me a bitch. Never tried to hide....never tried to bash you....never tried to make this into a drama.

Like I said in the message you "Didn't Receive"....now I get to feel like I did something wrong but even with that feeling I cant see myself letting you back in because I know I did what I thought was right.

This is water under bridge....I'll chalk it up to you speaking out of anger but I dont believe it will be good to have you in a group that I am running.

I hope we can end it here and move on.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #70 (permalink)

Ill be sending the Invites when I get home today....should leave the office in an hour or so.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #71 (permalink)

Please Check Your Emails....I have sent the invites!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:28 PM   #72 (permalink)

Have not gotten the invite.
joestyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #73 (permalink)

Have not gotten the invite either.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #74 (permalink)

check them now....I thought they sent but there was an error
Old 06-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #75 (permalink)

Nope, nothing yet