Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowouts-fantasy-football-league/)
-   -   Scoring Question for fake field goal in game last night, need advice (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/blowouts-fantasy-football-league/368405-scoring-question-fake-field-goal-game-last-night-need-advice.html)

insane irish 09-14-2012 08:14 AM

Scoring Question for fake field goal in game last night, need advice

Hey, I'm a commish for a big $$ league, and I noticed this morning that the GB defense/special teams was not credited for that TD last night on the fake field goal. If you didn't watch it, the place holder caught the snap and flicked it to the backup TE Crabtree, and he ran it in for a TD. On NFL.com it was scored as a Passing TD from the holder to Crabtree.
On the site I use, as of now the defense/speacial teams does not reflect the 6 points for the TD. If they don't give them the 6 points, would you manually add it on if you were the commish??
I'm pretty sure it should be, as it clearly in my mind is a special teams TD, but I'm curious to hear others opinions.
Thanks

jlzinck 09-14-2012 08:31 AM

No it is a passing TD. The formation was just different

sd_navarre 09-14-2012 08:36 AM

not a defensive play

pass from Mathsay to Crabtree and should be scored as such

insane irish 09-14-2012 09:25 AM

I know it's not a defensive play, but it's a special teams play. If a kick returner runs back a kickoff it's scored 6 points. I'm stumped now...I've talked to 3 people via text and they think it should be 6 points for GB, and now 2 here have said no points for GB. Hmmmm....
anyone else :)
Maybe I'll just hold a vote on my site.

Boo 09-14-2012 09:28 AM

[quote=insane irish;3313324]hey, i'm a commish for a big $$ league, and i noticed this morning that the gb defense/special teams was not credited for that td last night on the fake field goal. If you didn't watch it, the place holder caught the snap and flicked it to the backup te crabtree, and he ran it in for a td. [b]on nfl.com it was scored as a passing td from the holder to crabtree.[/b]on the site i use, as of now the defense/speacial teams does not reflect the 6 points for the td. If they don't give them the 6 points, would you manually add it on if you were the commish??
I'm pretty sure it should be, as it clearly in my mind is a special teams td, but i'm curious to hear others opinions.
Thanks[/quote]

nfl = official scoring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agjohnso123 09-14-2012 09:30 AM

I don't believe that it should count for special teams. Here is an article espn did about the play:

[url=http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?id=8376801]Fantasy football scoring of Tim Masthay to Tom Crabtree fake field goal play, Green Bay Packers versus Chicago Bears - Fantasy Football - ESPN[/url]

jlzinck 09-14-2012 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=Boo;3313421]nfl = official scoring!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

QFT....By chance does OP have the Packers DST???

Boo 09-14-2012 10:25 AM

[QUOTE=jlzinck;3313595]QFT....By chance does OP have the Packers DST???[/QUOTE]

My guess, yes!

matzke 09-14-2012 10:51 AM

[QUOTE=insane irish;3313413]I know it's not a defensive play, but it's a special teams play.[/QUOTE]

I think field goal attempts are still considered Offensive Plays, not special teams plays. Although I'm using GB as my D/ST this week, I don't expect points for that play.

insane irish 09-14-2012 11:51 AM

Good stuff, thanks for the link. I'm going to use that... I'm actually not going to even put it to a vote now. Thats good enough for me!!
Thanks guys....and No I actually don't own them, I have the Eagles, but suck it for thinking that you turds!!

sd_navarre 09-14-2012 11:56 AM

punt and kick returns are "defensive plays" - the ball is snapped by the other team

the fake FG/Punt scores are "offensive plays" - the ball is snapped by the scoring team

Hope that helps a bit