Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > COMMUNITY > BLOWOUTS Fantasy Football League

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fabtasy Team..1 week

won a freeroll on Fanduel for couple bucks so figured id throw it back in n try to double up..why not right? lol

QB Matt Ryan (vs Raiders)

RB William Powell (vs Bills)
RB Darren McFadden (vs Falcons)

WR Andre Johnson (vs Packers)
WR Larry Fitzgerald (vs Bills)
WR Demaryius Thomas (vs Chargers)

TE Tony G (vs Raiders)

K Janikowski (vs Falcons)

D Steelers (vs Titans)

if "prices" would help with opinions i can give them

Powell is by far the cheapest, and i figured i could leverage him (with whatever points he gets me) with the extra cash for star producing power.

in hindsight, it seems i have a lot invested n the ATL/OAK game...

Oaklands secondary isnt that great and has injuries....and on the flip side, ATL run defense isnt anything to be scared of- not to mention its also .5 points per reception.

And Janikowski has a booming leg, so if they can get within 50 yards, its usually an automatic 3 points.

I have 2 invested in Arizona...but there really few options left as big names with the $$ left over..

i dont wanna grab Julio Jones/Roddy White...then id be leaning very heavily in that 1 game. Only other options would be Wayne, Welker or Wallace
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

I dont know if you should have DMC...if ATL gets ahead by a lot then Oakland will be throwing a lot rather then running....go after the teams that are the underdogs and will have to throw to pick WR's they will rack up the points for you (see Reggie Wayne vs the Packers) Arizonas front line SUCKS ass too and the running game is no where to be found no matter who is in there...yes its a good idea for the money wise and getting Powell but if you do that expect to get little points for him and hopefully a lot from your others
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
I dont know if you should have DMC...if ATL gets ahead by a lot then Oakland will be throwing a lot rather then running....go after the teams that are the underdogs and will have to throw to pick WR's they will rack up the points for you (see Reggie Wayne vs the Packers) Arizonas front line SUCKS ass too and the running game is no where to be found no matter who is in there...yes its a good idea for the money wise and getting Powell but if you do that expect to get little points for him and hopefully a lot from your others
that was the intention....

as far as DMC, like i said..im sure as long as they keep it close early..hell get some receptions out of the backfield, and maybe still if they get behind.

plus i was more high on Reggie Wayne last week (not including the backstory with the coach) due to price (hes considerably higher this week, playing a tougher defense).

Also DMC is actually the cheapest of the "stud" backs as well...maybe i could go with Reggie Bush, who is slightly cheaper
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Do you draft every week on fan duel? Can somebody explain to me how it works? I always wanted to try it out.
bhavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavr View Post
Do you draft every week on fan duel? Can somebody explain to me how it works? I always wanted to try it out.

You put money in with your check card than there are some different types of 1 week leagues you can join ranging from $1 to a few hundred. Some examples are a 50/50 league where the top 50 teams in a 100 team league win double their money back or they have regular 3 to 10 person leagues where the payouts are usually 1st-3rd or just first place get money. They also have large tournaments. You get a certain amount of money to build your team once you join a tournament, the players that are projected to do the best cost the most so you usually have to take a couple chances on guys you think will blow up that week. I love fan duel, it's addicting and it restarts every week!
Shingos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingos View Post
You put money in with your check card than there are some different types of 1 week leagues you can join ranging from $1 to a few hundred. Some examples are a 50/50 league where the top 50 teams in a 100 team league win double their money back or they have regular 3 to 10 person leagues where the payouts are usually 1st-3rd or just first place get money. They also have large tournaments. You get a certain amount of money to build your team once you join a tournament, the players that are projected to do the best cost the most so you usually have to take a couple chances on guys you think will blow up that week. I love fan duel, it's addicting and it restarts every week!
Yes but I see it as the same as the online poker sites

What's stopping the admins of the site from making an account at the end of the week and taking all the money? How are the teams tracked? Can you see who is in the lead after the first games?
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

As soon as the first game starts your roster is locked and you can look at everyone else's team too. They use live scoring so you can constantly check player stats and see what place you are in.
Shingos is offline   Reply With Quote