Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

COINS & CURRENCY Post your coins, currency, & precious metals hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
FYI

Gainesville coins is running a sale right now, generic rounds for $0.99 over spot. (credit card payments are a bit higher)

Thanks for the heads up...I typically stick to US coins but for the price grabbed 10 ounces on Friday. Good looking out!
Aldon Smith in his Niner Uniform wearing #99
a900series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #27 (permalink)

Does anyone have any experience buying from GoldMart? I see their prices are very low, has me wanting to buy from them, although I'm not too sure.

Been buying from ScotiaMocatta for a while, but want to get some more coins. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Does anyone have any experience buying from GoldMart? I see their prices are very low, has me wanting to buy from them, although I'm not too sure.

Been buying from ScotiaMocatta for a while, but want to get some more coins. Thanks!
do you get delivery from scotia or do you go into a branch to pick it up? They now charge a delivery fee to have them delivered to an actual branch.

I usually pick it up from their downtown vault to save on fees. I like Canadian silver better because its .9999 fine. To each their own though
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
do you get delivery from scotia or do you go into a branch to pick it up? They now charge a delivery fee to have them delivered to an actual branch.

I usually pick it up from their downtown vault to save on fees. I like Canadian silver better because its .9999 fine. To each their own though
I was getting it delivered straight to me, although I'm planning to start ordering in-branch from now on (depending on the fee, of course).

Not sure what you mean by Canadian silver being better due to the higher points, as the 10oz bars I've bought through SM have only been .999.

I don't mind spending a little at SM, but I'm thinking of spending a little more and "diversifying my portfolio" (buying different types).

Where else do you buy from? I know you said earlier that you buy TD Bank (which I am seriously considering as well), Johnson Matthey, and Engelhard. Where do you buy these from?
Old 08-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #30 (permalink)

[QUOTE=GoJays;5474520

Not sure what you mean by Canadian silver being better due to the higher points, as the 10oz bars I've bought through SM have only been .999.

?[/QUOTE]

I believe the bars that Scotia sells is US silver and not from the Canadian mint nor is it silver mined in our country,our .9999 silver goes into maples and other coins like the maples like the wildlife series and Royal Canadian Mint bars.
mikeysleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:02 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I was getting it delivered straight to me, although I'm planning to start ordering in-branch from now on (depending on the fee, of course).

I don't mind spending a little at SM, but I'm thinking of spending a little more and "diversifying my portfolio" (buying different types).

Where else do you buy from? I know you said earlier that you buy TD Bank (which I am seriously considering as well), Johnson Matthey, and Engelhard. Where do you buy these from?
By the way go jays if you are looking to buy you should check out Silvergoldbull .com,best in the country to order from and many American buyers are also switching from Apmex,Toronto Gold Bullion is a close second.
mikeysleafs is offline   Reply With Quote