Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

COINS & CURRENCY Post your coins, currency, & precious metals hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnadine View Post
Damn it, Silver needs to stop going up so damn fast. I need it to go down, or at least trade sideways for a few weeks until I can afford at least 1 last significant buy.

Market opened at $23.22, already hit $23.60 in early trading.
It did the same thing last year this time. It will start to go up a little everyday I think!
Braves_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
Damn it, Silver needs to stop going up so damn fast. I need it to go down, or at least trade sideways for a few weeks until I can afford at least 1 last significant buy.

Market opened at $23.22, already hit $23.60 in early trading.
my old lady had a COW when I backed up the truck(actually the car and 5-5 gallon buckets of 90%) about 2 weeks ago and now she is totally into the daily upward trend. Each time it goes up a buck my sell price grows substantially. I FINALLY hit the mark on it and im not moving anything until it settles down
Old 08-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #28 (permalink)

Back over $30 by end of Oct.. Platinum holding ground to (the other white meat..wait metal)
bufbills98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves_Fan View Post
It did the same thing last year this time. It will start to go up a little everyday I think!
Well, if that turns out to be the case I don't really have any regrets. I started buying in April, right after it crashed from $28 to under $23 and I bought pretty much what I could afford to from then until now. Even including the premiums my average cost is just under $23 so at the current price I'm already in the black, actually well into the black since the bullion exchange is currently buying Eagles and Wildlife rounds at $2 over spot, and those make up just over half my stack.
I'll keep buying a bit longer, probably up to $28 or so, after that it will be wait and see.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Bonds mature in June! People have to do something with their money
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:01 PM   #31 (permalink)

After pretty much moving sideways all week after last weeks 14% gain the week finished with a nice 4.07% gain today with silver closing at $24.04'
Gold had a good day too, up $23.50 (1.71%) to close just shy of $1400 at $1398.10.

Fun to watch the metals go up for a change, even if I'd be happy to see the languish lower for just a little bit longer.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #32 (permalink)

It's just funny watching the fools at the banks trying to cover all their paper manipulation at this point. JPMorgan just "transferred" another 28,809 ozs. of REGISTERED gold from Scotia Bank yesterday, according to the Comex report. This, after doing something similar on Aug. 7th. Amazing how their paper contracts just don't work for when people try to take physical delivery... which is exactly what is happening.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #33 (permalink)

I just saw this article posted a few hours ago. Looks like we are going to see another Sharp decline in Gold again. Wonder how much Silver prices will be affected?

Gold to fall to fresh lows on US recovery: Goldman - Yahoo Finance
Old 09-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #34 (permalink)

I dont put any stock into analysts. But i think it will go down and silver will to.
JJ53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #35 (permalink)

Whoa! I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists, but the last few days a lot of people were saying metals would be smacked down to offset the jump that would happen today, and damned if that isn't what is happening.
Less than 30 minutes ago silver was around $21.50 and gold around $1305, suddenly silver shot up $1 and gold nearly $40 in that short span.

Even knowing how volatile things can be with precious metals today is shaping up to be something extra interesting.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Whoa! I'm not one of the conspiracy theorists, but the last few days a lot of people were saying metals would be smacked down to offset the jump that would happen today, and damned if that isn't what is happening.
Less than 30 minutes ago silver was around $21.50 and gold around $1305, suddenly silver shot up $1 and gold nearly $40 in that short span.

Even knowing how volatile things can be with precious metals today is shaping up to be something extra interesting.
Directly correlated to the Federal Reserve's announcement to continue the asset purchase program, which devalues the dollar and pushes money into commodities.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Directly correlated to the Federal Reserve's announcement to continue the asset purchase program, which devalues the dollar and pushes money into commodities.
Yeah, people were speculating this is exactly what would happen, but what's funny is that a lot of them were itching to pull the trigger on buying yesterday but waited to see if prices would plummet further today.

Definitely one of the craziest days I've seen since I started buying metals, Silver opened at $21.70, slid down to $21.21 and then exploded to a high (so far) of $23.10 and currently at 23.05 (+6.22%).
Gold way up too, +$54.98 (+4.21%)
Old 09-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81

I was watching it this morning and saw it down in the low $21.00 range. Then I got busy at work and didn't check it for a while. Then just a few minutes ago I went and refreshed the page and was like...

Texans81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
I was watching it this morning and saw it down in the low $21.00 range. Then I got busy at work and didn't check it for a while. Then just a few minutes ago I went and refreshed the page and was like...

That's what the other 99% of people will do when either:

a. The dollar loses reserve status

or

b. Another country backs their currency with gold.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
That's what the other 99% of people will do when either:

a. The dollar loses reserve status
Curtains for the US economy

Quote:
b. Another country backs their currency with gold.
Highly unlikely, but would also be highly deleterious to the world economy inflated with funny money everywhere.
Andrew Luck RIP Oscar Taveras
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #41 (permalink)

The global economy would need to retract to a level I can't fathom in order for a major country economy to switch to a gold standard. There simply isn't enough gold out there and the global economy continues to expand via the production necessary to support a growing population.

The US dollar is currently in such high demand that treasury bidding is up over 400% from a decade ago. The asset buying by the Fed is also pulling that most important global collateral off the market. When the buying slows and that collateral returns then precious metal demand will lessen.

Last edited by fullmetal; 09-20-2013 at 12:10 AM.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMC View Post
Curtains for the US economy

Highly unlikely, but would also be highly deleterious to the world economy inflated with funny money everywhere.
China is already moving towards backing their currency with Gold. The citizens of China, are not buying gold, because it is shiny, and glittery.
We will see a gold backed renminbi( or a new form of currency), in our lifetimes, and the US dollar, will be worth nothing. Get ready to fill a wheel barrow full of cash, to buy a loaf of bread.
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #43 (permalink)

Another "interesting" day. It seems the Fed is now saying it may taper in October.

I find it pretty comical myself, the Fed hints it "may" do something in the unspecified future and the markets go crazy. I'll just sit back and watch the crazy swings with amusement for the next few weeks until I can afford to buy more and hope the next big price dump coincides with my next purchase.

Edit: Even funnier, today's action appears due to an offhand comment by Bullard rather than an official announcement from the Fed.

""St. Louis Fed President "Bullard" says Fed could taper in October""

Last edited by Incarnadine; 09-20-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
China is already moving towards backing their currency with Gold. The citizens of China, are not buying gold, because it is shiny, and glittery.
We will see a gold backed renminbi( or a new form of currency), in our lifetimes, and the US dollar, will be worth nothing. Get ready to fill a wheel barrow full of cash, to buy a loaf of bread.
All the Gold in the world wont back up china's banks. When it costs a wheelbarrow full of paper money for a loaf of bread everyone will be FUBAR anyway. It doesn't matter if you have stashed silver,gold or you have a bunker full of food water. Unless you can protect it. Someone can and will take it from you. What will China do when we collapse and they have to close their factories to make anything?
JJ53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:57 AM   #45 (permalink)

I just checked Kitco and Coinflation sites to see silver has dropped to $17.03 an OZ.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:55 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
I just checked Kitco and Coinflation sites to see silver has dropped to $17.03 an OZ.
Lower Lows, Lower Highs.

Testing 16's again.

Don't catch falling knives, wait for a clear entry and/or channel.

This? This is how to destroy any wealth metal bugs think they were accumulating. Funny how greed works on both sides.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:34 PM   #47 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondjake View Post
Lower Lows, Lower Highs.

Testing 16's again.

Don't catch falling knives, wait for a clear entry and/or channel.

This? This is how to destroy any wealth metal bugs think they were accumulating. Funny how greed works on both sides.
Just shorted January silver myself.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #48 (permalink)

Gold is down to around $1,197.11
Still too much for me.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
Gold is down to around $1,197.11
Still too much for me.
I saw that!

And silver at $16.75!!!!

Do you think gold will substantially go down? How low? I was thinking on pulling the trigger on some gold...
Old 10-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #50 (permalink)

Gold bottoms around $750. See my metal analyses from early 2013.