Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

COINS & CURRENCY Post your coins, currency, & precious metals hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #251 (permalink)

The Strong swings up and down are crazy!!!!!
So how is this not manipulation??
Old 01-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #252 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
No kidding, especially with gold what a jump today!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:26 PM   #253 (permalink)

Quote:
When criminals run the show, anything goes.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #254 (permalink)

Haven't seen these kind of immediate swings in a good while.

Dare I say the market is 'coiling up' for a good 5 dollar upward move? Last time this happened (IIRC) was when silver shot from around 18-the 25 mark....then from 25 to almost 30. I believe this was around a year and a half ago before the long period of sideways movement.

Then again, could be a precursor to a free-fall, lol. As we all realize, only Ben and puppet-masters know.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:59 PM   #255 (permalink)

Lol my head is spinning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #256 (permalink)

Some movement can likely be attributable to investors rotating out of stocks and allocating funds to metals. As of about 48 hours ago, the taxes aren't due on gains for about 15 months.

As for the crazy price moves, it's all a joke. Absolutely nobody started dumping tons of gold one hour then, the next, buying back twice as much. People are lining up overseas to pay $100+ premiums and the news outlets here in the US will tell anybody willing to listen that nobody wants anything to do with gold. Keep away!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #257 (permalink)

This is why I have numis, they aren't affected by this price swing nonsense.
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #258 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsinusall View Post
I personally feel silver will hover where it is and I think gold will rise to $1400-$1425 by April. Just my expectations

With silver getting back over $20 now I expect it to trade in a range of +\- 10%

Gold still think it slowly has an uptick and will max out at $1400-1425 by middle of year. Then third and fourth quarters will be flat is my expectation.
Wants. Baseball Old wax boxes 1980,82,83,85 topps and Football Just 1986 topps wax Box and rack box Adrian Peterson Auto's from Five Star/Exquisite! Some Select on Cards Auto's Of AP ALL Exquisite Auto's of Thurman Thomas in Bills jersey
itsinusall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:55 PM   #259 (permalink)

I am just along for the ride up or down. lol I never thought it would swing like this
Old 01-05-2014, 10:00 PM   #260 (permalink)

Things are definitely looking interesting since we hit 2014, metals surging again in early trading today.
Of course since I still plan to buy for at least another year I'd prefer they would stay down a while longer, but a part of me enjoys seeing upward movement.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #261 (permalink)

These ups and downs are dizzying. Silver was up $0.23 earlier, already back right where it opened. Gold was up about $12, still hanging in there at +$5.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #262 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

This information from Moody's is a few days old. Take it for what it is worth: what Moody's uses to evaluate future credit worthiness. The 'stress' scenario is always of interest to me.

https://www.moodys.com/research/Mood...ces--PR_290219
Old 01-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #263 (permalink)

definitely another interesting day
Old 01-10-2014, 06:51 PM   #264 (permalink)

"... and fundamentals that seem unfavorable over the next couple of years as the global economy maintains forward momentum, governments unwind various stimulus programs, and the threat of inflation remains subdued in most major economies."

In what magical fantasy land do people at Moody's reside?
Old 01-10-2014, 11:18 PM   #265 (permalink)

Definitely a dilema for me right now...I'd like to pick some more silver up but I'm really curious if/when prices might fall!

I'll be waiting for the banks to report next week, see what comes from that.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:03 AM   #266 (permalink)

Most talk seems to be about silver. What about gold? Where do you guys see it in the short, mid, and long term?

I see it dropping small/flat short term, raising mid and long terms. (obviously guesses with no credentials). Your thoughts?
Kefka891 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:40 AM   #267 (permalink)

As long as the economy appears to be improving (And it actually is) gold and silver will both continue to drop. My guess is (based on what it was prior to the financial crisis) silver will be around $15 and gold around $1000 (adjusted for "inflation")
Old 02-03-2014, 01:46 AM   #268 (permalink)

This hasn't been. Bumped in awhile
Old 03-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #269 (permalink)

Anyone have input on the whole Russia thing going on and what affects it can or will have on metal?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #270 (permalink)

Quote:
Anyone have input on the whole Russia thing going on and what affects it can or will have on metal?
Local yokels bought our guy out of Gold Friday because they were afraid the Ruskies were going to invade... that's kind of the demographic here though, not sure it is indicative of the whole country.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #271 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenntimesports View Post
Local yokels bought our guy out of Gold Friday because they were afraid the Ruskies were going to invade... that's kind of the demographic here though, not sure it is indicative of the whole country.
i was at a coin show saturday morning(as a customer) and ALL dealers were blowing out gold and within 2 hours it was ALL gone im just glad i got my hands on what i could get before it was gone
Old 03-09-2014, 10:16 PM   #272 (permalink)

Quote:
i was at a coin show saturday morning(as a customer) and ALL dealers were blowing out gold and within 2 hours it was ALL gone im just glad i got my hands on what i could get before it was gone
My local guy said to me "I guess you're here because of what is going on in the Ukraine."

I replied "no I'm here because of what is going on in Washington and Harrisburg." We shared a good laugh and he did sell me a roll of 2014 Eagles, a Brittania and the prettiest Morgan I've ever seen. Apparently this Morgan is commonly found in uncirculated shape and I only had to pay $21.50 for it.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #273 (permalink)

for the next yr, buy 23-25, sell over 30. try and accumulate pandas or eagles. it will take "an event" for silver to ever see 50--it is the most manipulated metal. supply does not meet demand.
Donkaylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #274 (permalink)

Quote:
I've stopped hoping to find any fractional gold at the monthly show here. If any dealer has any at reasonable prices, some other dealer buys it before the show opens to the public. The only thing left is always the highly marked up numismatic stuff. I still pick up any reasonable silver I can find, though. Found a silver maple still in the mint plastic from a while back last time for $24.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #275 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
I've stopped hoping to find any fractional gold at the monthly show here. If any dealer has any at reasonable prices, some other dealer buys it before the show opens to the public. The only thing left is always the highly marked up numismatic stuff. I still pick up any reasonable silver I can find, though. Found a silver maple still in the mint plastic from a while back last time for $24.
If dealers are buying them up and reasonable silver is scarce, doesn't that suggest to you that a silver rebound may be in the offing?