Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

COINS & CURRENCY Post your coins, currency, & precious metals hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 12:19 AM   #26 (permalink)

I'm just loving these prices, I just hope gold and silver stay this low or drop more for at least a few more months. With only 153 ounces I'm not heavily invested yet, but these prices are going to make it easier to become heavily invested. I suppose I'm lucky I started buying late, the bulk of my purchases were from when spot lingered around $22, some a bit higher and recent purchases lower so even though it keeps dropping from my purchase prices I'm not too far down. I'll just keep adding to my stack slow but steady.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:34 AM   #27 (permalink)

I am very happy silver is this low but I agree with the ppl here it is going to drop even more. I bought 1000oz at 12 $ 1000@ 14$ and 1000 @ 17$ and sold them when they hit 35$ mark. I waited and am now waiting to buy double what I had before.
ETF ties silver to paper so you can watch this like a stock and like all stocks they go up and down so you must watch world events and markets. What stocks were up during 9/11? Gold and silver.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #28 (permalink)

I wish the silver worship thread was still available. Silver was near $30 and I stated through ridicule that it was about to swoon to $14 before the end of 2014, only to be told it was going to be $100 this year and $5000 soon.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
I wish the silver worship thread was still available. Silver was near $30 and I stated through ridicule that it was about to swoon to $14 before the end of 2014, only to be told it was going to be $100 this year and $5000 soon.
For what purpose? The people that were championing $100 to $5000 silver are the ones who already sold out in April. Anybody left from that camp will be long gone soon at this rate. They were in it for the wrong reasons and likely don't have the capital to withstand such a drop in valuation.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to buy enough if/when it gets to $14/oz. again. I kind of hope gold goes to about $850/oz., too. At that point, people will be so disappointed and looking to get whatever they can.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
For what purpose? The people that were championing $100 to $5000 silver are the ones who already sold out in April. Anybody left from that camp will be long gone soon at this rate. They were in it for the wrong reasons and likely don't have the capital to withstand such a drop in valuation.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to buy enough if/when it gets to $14/oz. again. I kind of hope gold goes to about $850/oz., too. At that point, people will be so disappointed and looking to get whatever they can.
To justify my analysis and make folks realize they should be careful when attacking other's opinions. Mainly the latter half.

Silver will be in the single digits, but I can't say when. I still expect it to be below $14 by the end of next year. Gold will be below $750 at that time.

Those who were in it for the safety have withdrawn to take advantage of better investments. Those who are trying to get out now are simply too late and bleeding.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #31 (permalink)

I get it, no problem! I've just never been one to be the 'I told you so!" type. From a defensive standpoint, yep, all good from the sounds of what you're talking about.

So, would you venture to say that the value of gold will, in the future, not increase relative to the money supply as it has throughout history? If so, why?

I'm not trying to be pushy about it... just looking to expand on my economic perspective with the thoughts of others who are knowledgeable in the area.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #32 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Love the info in this thread! Anyone else want to voice an opinion?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
I supported your theory!!

I posted earlier this exact thread that you were spot on calling for a drop in silver in the short term. You had 90% of the poster telling you that you were crazy!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
Love the info in this thread! Anyone else want to voice an opinion?
Ive made money on silver. I cant give advice because it only makes sense if you believe it so I rather give you my prospecting venture..

Buy silver low and sell it for profit. Take that money and invest it into gold. Not for the purpose of making money, but for the purpose of saving into a commodity that takes time to liquidate. Why? because one of the hardest aspect of saving is not pillaging what you have saved. If you make it tougher to liquidize your investments for cash, the less chance you do it.

Buy for average. If you get a chance to bring down your average, buy more!! It only helps you get to current market prices at which time you can liquidate at any given time and take less of a loss. Forget making money, sometimes taking a small loss is worth the liquidation if the market is to volatile.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to jcmel323

Great Info..
I started buying silver like a month ago. already have like 21onz.
My question is: Where do you usually buy this silver or gold? Because i try and try but its like impossible to find a peace/morgan dollar at today price of silver.
On Ebay usually sells for $24-$30
jcmel323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmel323 View Post
Great Info..
My question is: Where do you usually buy this silver or gold? Because i try and try but its like impossible to find a peace/morgan dollar at today price of silver.
This is what makes bullion hard to buy/invest. Everyone has a hand in the comissions. And they arent small comissions.

Why dont people just pay the comission of $4 or $5 over spot? Especially if you think it will hit $50/oz.

Lets say your outlook is that silver will mark at $50oz by 2014. If that is your outlook, why would you have an issue buying silver at $30 oz today instead of $23?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #37 (permalink)

Here, I'll help the sports guys getting into metals with a sports analogy: Silver is kinda like Tim Tebow's career. Early on, you just think it's the most incredibly awesome thing in the history of awesome ever. It even looks mildly promising there for a minute, causing all the (insert silver/Tebow) lovers to get all super duper excited and talk begins of how many Super Bowls he'll win (how many extra zeros will have to be added to valuation) in the future! It's a sure thing! Nothing has ever been so certain! It's like falling out of a boat and hitting water in the middle of a lake! Then, ... uh-oh! Oh noes! Market reality sets in. There's plenty of silver to go around for the time being. (Plenty of other QB's with real talent). Market perception tanks. (Teams give up and cut you). The general consensus is that you're yesterday's news. (Silver market right now). Then, almost as if miraculously, the opportunity of a lifetime presents itself! (Patriots/Low prices). Everybody stays true to the new cool thing to do - Continuing to talk crap no matter what. Be it the metals markets or that Timmy is now part of a perennial playoff team with the potential to be an NFL Champion. Might not be immediately, could take a couple years but, when it happens (Super Bowl appearance/win / price quadruples again) those that were there every step of the way to discount Timmy (silver) will be silenced once again.
Old 06-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Here, I'll help the sports guys getting into metals with a sports analogy: Silver is kinda like Tim Tebow's career. Early on, you just think it's the most incredibly awesome thing in the history of awesome ever. It even looks mildly promising there for a minute, causing all the (insert silver/Tebow) lovers to get all super duper excited and talk begins of how many Super Bowls he'll win (how many extra zeros will have to be added to valuation) in the future! It's a sure thing! Nothing has ever been so certain! It's like falling out of a boat and hitting water in the middle of a lake! Then, ... uh-oh! Oh noes! Market reality sets in. There's plenty of silver to go around for the time being. (Plenty of other QB's with real talent). Market perception tanks. (Teams give up and cut you). The general consensus is that you're yesterday's news. (Silver market right now). Then, almost as if miraculously, the opportunity of a lifetime presents itself! (Patriots/Low prices). Everybody stays true to the new cool thing to do - Continuing to talk crap no matter what. Be it the metals markets or that Timmy is now part of a perennial playoff team with the potential to be an NFL Champion. Might not be immediately, could take a couple years but, when it happens (Super Bowl appearance/win / price quadruples again) those that were there every step of the way to discount Timmy (silver) will be silenced once again.
Way to over evaluate the process and logic behind buy low and sell high.

Tell me why you choose to buy physical metal instead of ETF?

ETFs are easier to handle, you can buy and sell them with a click of a button. You dont have to worry about shipping. Yet people choose to pay more comissions and take delivery. I wonder why!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmel323 View Post
Great Info..
You will never find peace/morgan $ for spot (unless the seller is stupid), they hold too much "numi" value. If you are buying silver as a hedge against inflation. Then stick with ASE or 1 or 10 oz bars. They are much closer to spot and are for the silver investor instead of silver collectors.
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #40 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Silver took a nice jump. Wonder if it will hold or climb? or fall again
Old 06-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Way to over evaluate the process and logic behind buy low and sell high.

Tell me why you choose to buy physical metal instead of ETF?

ETFs are easier to handle, you can buy and sell them with a click of a button. You dont have to worry about shipping. Yet people choose to pay more comissions and take delivery. I wonder why!
I did not say one or the other. Actually, it would be prudent to have holdings in both the markets. You can short the ETF's and hold physical. When the ETF's tank because a few hundred million shares have been dumped into the marketplace again, take the profits and roll them into the physical at the new, devalued spot price.

If the power goes out, I can still trade my physical metals.

Most people are absolutely terrified of financial markets, let alone understanding the ETF relationships to the broader market. Heck, in a metals ETF, you need to fully understand how manipulated they are and all the various routes of trading them. The central banks have moved from short positions to long for the first time ever. Right now, I probably wouldn't short any metals ETF but, if I did, it wouldn't be a large position. The big boys still control that market so you'd be battling waves in the ocean trying to go against that momentum.

To each their own. I see value in trading both the paper markets as well as the physical. There's a strong reasoning behind both. It's easier to transfer wealth in the form of physical than in the paper form. Paper leaves a trail.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
You will never find peace/morgan $ for spot (unless the seller is stupid), they hold too much "numi" value. If you are buying silver as a hedge against inflation. Then stick with ASE or 1 or 10 oz bars. They are much closer to spot and are for the silver investor instead of silver collectors.
People definitely love the early dollar coins. That $7 to $8 premium held up well, even with the huge decline in spot.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #43 (permalink)

the only thing im worried about is... is it going to be like a 10-15 Year drought of these low prices before we see another increase like 2000-2011?

What do you guys thinks?
gmoney000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #44 (permalink)

Stack up on that silver while it's cheap! Doesn't matter if it goes lower.... that would only be a bonus. Stack up!
Old 06-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #45 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney000 View Post
the only thing im worried about is... is it going to be like a 10-15 Year drought of these low prices before we see another increase like 2000-2011?

What do you guys thinks?
The numbers dont show a 10-15 year drought
but their is no real way to know
Old 06-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #46 (permalink)

The market has been open an hour now and in the early going gold and silver are continuing the trend from Friday.
Silver up 1.38%
Gold up 0.74%

Pretty good start to the day, but I was really hoping for 1 more downward push.
This looks to be an interesting week for metal.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I did not say one or the other. Actually, it would be prudent to have holdings in both the markets. You can short the ETF's and hold physical. When the ETF's tank because a few hundred million shares have been dumped into the marketplace again, take the profits and roll them into the physical at the new, devalued spot price.

If the power goes out, I can still trade my physical metals.

Most people are absolutely terrified of financial markets, let alone understanding the ETF relationships to the broader market. Heck, in a metals ETF, you need to fully understand how manipulated they are and all the various routes of trading them. The central banks have moved from short positions to long for the first time ever. Right now, I probably wouldn't short any metals ETF but, if I did, it wouldn't be a large position. The big boys still control that market so you'd be battling waves in the ocean trying to go against that momentum.

To each their own. I see value in trading both the paper markets as well as the physical. There's a strong reasoning behind both. It's easier to transfer wealth in the form of physical than in the paper form. Paper leaves a trail.

YOU ARE A VERY SMART PERSON! This is the best post and summary that can be applied to any market investment period. Thanks for making it short and sweet. Sounds like you actually are experienced in big time etf trading.

ETFs can move against the True "physical" market. If a person is not a "market maker" forget trying to play "roulette" with the etf market.

ETS are fast fun, but no sense of reasoning in direction. Try it, just be fully "out" at the bell everyday. dont sleep on it.

NOTE: If a peron just does small trading with ETF , its fun, you wouldn't get damaged. but if you trade in the $10,000 - $100,000+ trades daily, it can hurt and you will understand what people are talking about... OUCH..

Last edited by h4auto; 07-01-2013 at 06:44 PM.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #48 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Silver seems to be stable for the day
Old 07-04-2013, 01:31 AM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

heres whats going on.....
for starters I was a Marine for 13 years, and did 4 deployments
while I was deployed 2x to Iraq and 2x to Japan I had alot of downtime
also time in the field 45 days at a time at a cax 2-3x a year makes for a lot of reading.....
I've learned 2 things about the stock market
1st it only exisits to make the rich , well richer and the poor , poorer, just like gambling how can it be legal to fix the odds at anything to your favor and then offer others to play.....??? simply put revenues, it goes to state govt etc...it works out great

Silver, everyone remember the run on Silver? I'm talking when it was at its rise from 38-43.00 a share and everyone was thinking silver at 60 and gold at 1800 well gold is 15-1700 silver must go form 30-60...bam it climbs...

until the fed , had bernarke, come up witha genius idea.
lets get strength in our dollar.
now with the euro collapsing and yen at only 79 to 1.00
lets do this.
lets put a margain on it.
we'll shake everyone out of it
(the everyday trader) that trades on credit(margain is where you borrow from a website like td ameritrade) you get 10k buying power but you back it up with margain calls/maintenance calls, if its very liquitable and has tons of liquidity or its a penny stock you may owe 4,000.00 to maintain a 4,000 position
so here goes
silver was reving I'd say 2010-spring or 2011 spring,
it hits 35-36,37,38,39,40, uh oh close to 42 or 43 i think
bam margin call you own 10k of it great back it with 5 k real cash or get shook out
bam now its a short, now its sold, we can't afford maintenance calls, we are the lil guys w/ 10 or 15k
it goes and does a reversal

who benefits from a weak dollar we do
we americans that own silver
who benifits from the strong dollar the governement
they can tax they can spend
quantative easing should equal inflation
meaning high silver and high gold
but a margin on silver means its controlled

finally i leave you with executive order 1602
i think its that after the depression
not in our kids textbooks
fdr , or theordre i get them confused possibly, not the new deal, but this deal

gold hording,
anyone that owns their gold and owns over a certain amount will be forced to sell it to government at this price or face jail
the govt took the gold

great move by them
bam
a few years later they sell it right back to us and other investors at a profit

this is a fiat money system
silver should be 60-80
gold 1600-2100

but instead dollar is doing great
i tell ya what if silver hits 10-15
im buying all of it

it will have its 40-60.00 day

paper money is worthless
it buys 5.00 bread
4.00 milk
and 10.00 cigarettes
SEMPERFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:35 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

the 2nd thing i learned
is the banks and the govt are the same
thats why they took the bailouts
they had no choice
we live in a society of borrowing
fdic backs 200k per person
well thats great if your a lil guy like me
buta rich business man has no money
90% of it is leant out
heres how it works sorta
1,000 deposit