Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

COINS & CURRENCY Post your coins, currency, & precious metals hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #151 (permalink)

What are your thoughts on the gold buffalo coins?
scott1234 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #152 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1234 View Post
What are your thoughts on the gold buffalo coins?
My favorite modern coin produced. Amazing design, and 24kt(instead of AGE's 22kt), great feel and heft when you are holding one or mulitples
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
I wish it was easier to get some nice steals every once in awhile.
Before the coin forums were on here, I bought at least 5 different lots of silver and 2 $5 Gold Inidans, all for under spot, not any more, now everyone is trying to get a piece of the silver pie, and every day I see posts trying to trade cards for silver/gold. It is great to see. If every adult in the US bought just 1 ounce of Silver, then the price would be around $100(which w/o Jp Morgan it might be there now anyways), even though this is a small group at least the word is getting out there.
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
Before the coin forums were on here, I bought at least 5 different lots of silver and 2 $5 Gold Inidans, all for under spot, not any more, now everyone is trying to get a piece of the silver pie, and every day I see posts trying to trade cards for silver/gold. It is great to see. If every adult in the US bought just 1 ounce of Silver, then the price would be around $100(which w/o Jp Morgan it might be there now anyways), even though this is a small group at least the word is getting out there.
I wish I would buy just 1 ounce
I guess that makes me a :turkey: as I spent more money last night on purchases than I make at my job in 2 months

Back to talking about metal
Im a sucker for the Silver and gold eagles they are simple yet sophisticated(wow I used a big word)
Old 11-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #155 (permalink)

While Silver remains in a generally tight range, with that little dip at the end of the week I decided to get another 20 oz. I went down today and for some reason they were sold out of 10 oz. bars so I decided to go with a tube of Eagles ($504 US).
They were almost out of Eagles too, to make a tube I got a bit of a mixed bag, 16x 2009, 1x 1986, 1x 1992, 1x 2011 and 1x 2012.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #156 (permalink)

Still picking up a bit of gold when it dips under $1300/oz. Also, the silver eagle market might get tight between Dec./Jan this winter. The mint announced last shipments of 2013's and not taking orders/shipping the 2014's until late January.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:40 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
Still picking up a bit of gold when it dips under $1300/oz. Also, the silver eagle market might get tight between Dec./Jan this winter. The mint announced last shipments of 2013's and not taking orders/shipping the 2014's until late January.
whats your thoughts on where gold is going?
Old 11-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
whats your thoughts on where gold is going?
What kind of gold? Paper ETF gold is going to keep going sideways with sharp drops until the claims per oz. gets to over 100 paper contract owners per. It's at about 60 right now. I figure they can keep dumping paper contracts for gold that doesn't exist for a while yet.

Physical gold will continue to see increased premiums on the world market because almost every other country is buying it up like crazy while the US media keeps the people blind to the truth.

I *think* them manipulating the price downward as much as possible is one of the greatest opportunities of a life time.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
What kind of gold? Paper ETF gold is going to keep going sideways with sharp drops until the claims per oz. gets to over 100 paper contract owners per. It's at about 60 right now. I figure they can keep dumping paper contracts for gold that doesn't exist for a while yet.
Don't understand this^^^^

Physical gold will continue to see increased premiums on the world market because almost every other country is buying it up like crazy while the US media keeps the people blind to the truth.

I agree with this^^^^

I *think* them manipulating the price downward as much as possible is one of the greatest opportunities of a life time.
And I hope you are right because I believe this as well
Old 11-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
And I hope you are right because I believe this as well
The Comex registered gold inventory vs. the ETF contracts is what to watch. This site puts together excellent charting of the increasing variance.

Jesse's Café Américain: Gold Daily and Silver Weekly Charts - 'Claims Per Deliverable Ounce' Rises to Record High 60.38

Somebody realized that the value of gold beginning to go upward as quick as the money supply, as it should, was a problem back a couple years ago. They're doing absolutely everything they can to not allow it to rise. Said it before and I'll say it again - the Chinese aren't keeping every oz. of gold they mine and buying thousands of tons off the market for fun. Their recent dealings with other countries in trying to establish currency swaps not involving dollars is telling.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #161 (permalink)

ETF's are bad right? I am fairly new to stacking.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
ETF's are bad right? I am fairly new to stacking.
They're fantastic for the 1% who manipulate the markets. For the metals markets, owning the ETF's is mainly used as a hedge vs. owning physical metal. As in, someone might buy 10 oz. of gold but, at the same time, purchase contracts for gold to have in case of either rising OR falling prices. You can short the ETF's just like stocks. It's a giant mess of derivatives that will eventually collapse upon itself. It's so far out of control that I really do think it's into the hundreds of trillions of dollars just waiting to destroy the entire financial system.

Just try to find a $20 bill from 2010, or later, in circulation. It seems to be impossible as I haven't been able to yet. All this toilet paper currency they keep printing 24/7 is just going to banks who are using it to buy even more paper 'assets' to keep the markets propped up. It's all they've got at this point.

So, anyway, ETF's can be good, in a sense, if you understand how they can be used. In the case of gold, they're bad as the spot price per oz. is, for some reason completely stupid, tied directly to paper contracts and not actual physical gold sales at open market. Think about that for a bit and you'll see why there are severe downswings in "value" at certain specific times of the day like clockwork.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #163 (permalink)

Well, damn. I thought slipping in a buy on Saturday with spot in the $21.40's was good. Usually after an end of the week dip there's a bit of a rebound early in the week, but not this time.

Ah well, in the grand scheme of things I would have only saved $10 on the tube of Eagles, but it still irks me a bit.

I'll be happy if it's still under $21 in about 10 days or so.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #164 (permalink)

everyone that buys silver will see a drop a soon as they make a purchase LMAO
Old 11-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #165 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81

I'm thinking I may try and pick up some eagles during this dip...
Old 11-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
I'm thinking I may try and pick up some eagles during this dip...
I already did since the 2013's are finished and not being made anymore
watch the 2013's in a month :turkey:
glad I found 1 or 2 of them
Old 11-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #167 (permalink)

So look at silver and gold now!!! can it go any lower?????????
Old 11-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #168 (permalink)

I doubt it moves much here. I would speculate any move up or down will not come until early December. Your thoughts?
Wants. Baseball Old wax boxes 1980,82,83,85 topps and Football Just 1986 topps wax Box and rack box Adrian Peterson Auto's from Five Star/Exquisite! Some Select on Cards Auto's Of AP ALL Exquisite Auto's of Thurman Thomas in Bills jersey
itsinusall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
So look at silver and gold now!!! can it go any lower?????????
Yes - $15-$17. Timeframe? Dunno lol I buy more each drop tho Not much but a few ounces
Old 11-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #170 (permalink)

I am mind blown. When I first started last month silver was at $24+ spot iirc. Maybe less. Regardless I bought eagles off ebay at $27 or so each. Spot is now less than $20 and eagles are still going for $25-27 on ebay. Definitely wont be buying off ebay anymore.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
I am mind blown. When I first started last month silver was at $24+ spot iirc. Maybe less. Regardless I bought eagles off ebay at $27 or so each. Spot is now less than $20 and eagles are still going for $25-27 on ebay. Definitely wont be buying off ebay anymore.
Anyone that asks me for advice on silver this is my first suggestion!!!!!
NO EBAY!!!!!
I find deals on ebay but they are few and far between
Old 11-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #172 (permalink)

200 oz's in 2011 silver eagles and another 200 ounces in various year of the dragon commemorative bars/coins

Needless to say, I'm in this for the long haul. However, can't lie...was hoping the 'rise' would come sooner than later. Seems like we might be headed for a lot of sideways action perhaps even for a few more years before another 2008 happens like a slingshot out of hell.

I figure money out of sight, money out of mind....so I try not to get caught up in the day to day spot prices.

Big Ben and his JP Morgan cronies can suck it, though.

:shrug:
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #173 (permalink)

Oh, and I tend to be a fan of pneum.'s depending on the particular coin, as you'll tend to retain your premium on investment even if the spot prices dip or take a hard fall. Again, all depends on the actual piece/mintage/and desirability. Some prefer eagles because of the solidarity and universal acceptance, but there's nothing wrong with diversification.

Still kicking myself for not picking up those Tower of Pisa commemorative 1oz rounds on Amex when they first came out at 28 an ounce. Needless to say, that would have been a nice little profit on a 100oz flip just a few months later...
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #174 (permalink)

Good thing I bought all that black friday silver :-(
Old 12-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #175 (permalink)

I'm loving this price slide. I held off making my regular purchase 2 weeks ago to build up a nice pile of cash for an even bigger purchase. My only thought is, do I buy on Friday or hold out a little bit longer. Silver is fast approaching the level I made my lowest ever purchase ($18.86) and I'd love to make another sub $19 purchase, but there is always the possibility of a sharp reversal.
Really tough call now, but I guess we will see where things stand on Friday.