Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

COINS & CURRENCY Post your coins, currency, & precious metals hobby talk here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Texans81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,702
Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81
Default

Got a pretty big wad coming my way, hopefully it'll arrive toward the end of the week

here's what I picked up:

40 1 oz OPM generic silver rounds
5 2013 Silver Panda rounds NGC MS70
1 2013 American Gold Eagle

my camera needs a new memory card and then I can finally start getting some nice pics up
Texans81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
IronMonkey415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 17,454
Default

Got these today
2 - Turtles
6 - 2013 AMERICAN EAGLES
1 - 2011 AMERICAN EAGLES


WILL THE U.S. ever going to change the AMERICAN EAGLE design? It's been the same one for how many years now?

__________________
Only shipping in the U.S.
IronMonkey415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
HBMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post

WILL THE U.S. ever going to change the AMERICAN EAGLE design? It's been the same one for how many years now?
Why mess with perfection?
__________________
I PC: Dallas Cowboys, Arkansas Razorbacks, StL Cards, KC Chiefs
http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i413/hogsboysmavscards/
Searching for a 14 UD Chris Smith B&W #'d/10
Andrew Luck RIP Oscar Taveras
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
Got these today
2 - Turtles
6 - 2013 AMERICAN EAGLES
1 - 2011 AMERICAN EAGLES


WILL THE U.S. ever going to change the AMERICAN EAGLE design? It's been the same one for how many years now?

Canadian maple leaf has been the same for 25 years. As the post above me said, why mess with perfection?!

Very nice pick-ups!
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
XARZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Posts: 5,502
Default

__________________
Triple Black Foamposite Pro Sz10&10.5 F/S $250 Dlvd
http://onlythebestnba.tumblr.com/
http://onlythebestknicks.tumblr.com/
XARZY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Texans81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,702
Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81
Default

awesome new additions! I know a lot of people say that American Eagles don't have much potential to increase in value and what not, but who gives a crap? they are such beautiful coins! I for one will keep stacking em up!
Texans81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 3,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
awesome new additions! I know a lot of people say that American Eagles don't have much potential to increase in value and what not, but who gives a crap? they are such beautiful coins! I for one will keep stacking em up!
You did say that it was for an investment too right? So why would you NOT care?

While I can understand that you like the look of the 1oz coin... I just can't understand paying a $5 premium on something that you can only resell later at SPOT. No coin dealer in 5 years is going to say.... "Oh wow look here's a perfect 2013 ASE" I'll give you Spot + The Premium you paid on it". No they're most likely going to give you close to spot.

Whereas buying a Silver Panda someone is going to say Oh wow look it's a 2008 panda I'm going to give you a huge premium for that due to it's rarity/500,000 mintage. If you're already paying premiums, why not pay a few bucks more for something that increases in value each year that goes by regardless of the price of Silver

Just my opinion
__________________
Collecting:
Starting A Brock Osweiler PC Andy Dalton, Michael Vick, SICK PatchesBaseball: Kris Bryant, J Parker
http://s1103.photobucket.com/user/makingthatflow/library/?sort=6&page=1
gmoney000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
IronMonkey415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 17,454
Default

I BUY WHAT I WANT!!!
I BUY WHAT I WANT!!!
I BUY WHAT I WANT!!!
I BUY WHAT I WANT!!!

I post that same thing on the www.kitcomm.com site and was suspended...lol. They thought I was a troll.
__________________
Only shipping in the U.S.
IronMonkey415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
Sushiyoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,857
Default

I got a ton of coins in my coin bucket. Which year(s) should I be searching for if I want to sort them to find the more worthy ones?
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 3,301
Default

Just completed 2 sets of the Canadian Wildlife Series yesterday!! Woohooo!!
__________________
Collecting:
Starting A Brock Osweiler PC Andy Dalton, Michael Vick, SICK PatchesBaseball: Kris Bryant, J Parker
http://s1103.photobucket.com/user/makingthatflow/library/?sort=6&page=1
gmoney000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #61 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host
 
smackvay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: west virginia
Posts: 7,165
Default

Picked up 50 uncirc ASE'S for the stash(not resell) for WAY less than spot yesterday!!!
im gonna say my best deal to date(and 100% not stolen as they were purchased from a local business)
__________________
SUPERCOLLECTOR LOOKING FOR PAT WHITE CARDS
NEED SILVER? HAVE SILVER? PM ME EITHER WAYAS IVE GOT PLENTY OF PAYPAL TO PURCHASE YOUR SILVER
smackvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
IronMonkey415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 17,454
Default

I added these into my stack this week
FRONT:


BACK:
__________________
Only shipping in the U.S.
IronMonkey415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
Picked up 50 uncirc ASE'S for the stash(not resell) for WAY less than spot yesterday!!!
im gonna say my best deal to date(and 100% not stolen as they were purchased from a local business)

When you are getting great bargains from a Storefront business. Someone took a loss. A CS or PS isn't selling anything way below spot. Normally there is a 15-20% mark up. Something sounds fishy. Like at the flea market when someone brings in a collection to sell to you at your booth. You never seen them before they have no knowledge about coins or value. They tell you they inherited it need cash fast. You have a funny feeling but you say if not me the next guy will buy it. nine times out of ten it was stolen. You even mentioning that they weren't stolen makes it seem like you have suspicions.
JJ53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
IronMonkey415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 17,454
Default

Added a 2oz snake

__________________
Only shipping in the U.S.
IronMonkey415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 431
Default

I just started buying/collecting about 2 weeks ago. This is what I have so far.

I have a 1/10 Gold Eagle incoming as well.

jb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:41 AM   #66 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host
 
smackvay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: west virginia
Posts: 7,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ53 View Post
When you are getting great bargains from a Storefront business. Someone took a loss. A CS or PS isn't selling anything way below spot. Normally there is a 15-20% mark up. Something sounds fishy. Like at the flea market when someone brings in a collection to sell to you at your booth. You never seen them before they have no knowledge about coins or value. They tell you they inherited it need cash fast. You have a funny feeling but you say if not me the next guy will buy it. nine times out of ten it was stolen. You even mentioning that they weren't stolen makes it seem like you have suspicions.
LOL your funny, I have all the local places calling me with everything they have and he picked up 50 ase's and 100 morgans(I sold the morgans the same day) he pays NOTHING for them so I get them for a great price. Im not saying I got them for 5 bucks each or even close to that but for what spot was at the time like 19 bucks, I got a GREAT deal. So with your ZERO feedback, you telling me im shady(or whatever you said) really hurts my feelings
__________________
SUPERCOLLECTOR LOOKING FOR PAT WHITE CARDS
NEED SILVER? HAVE SILVER? PM ME EITHER WAYAS IVE GOT PLENTY OF PAYPAL TO PURCHASE YOUR SILVER
smackvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery Texas
Posts: 1,546
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
LOL your funny, I have all the local places calling me with everything they have and he picked up 50 ase's and 100 morgans(I sold the morgans the same day) he pays NOTHING for them so I get them for a great price. Im not saying I got them for 5 bucks each or even close to that but for what spot was at the time like 19 bucks, I got a GREAT deal. So with your ZERO feedback, you telling me im shady(or whatever you said) really hurts my feelings
I dont think he implied you were shady, I think it was the person who sold them to you he was implying was shady. Not knowing your situation I thought the same thing tho I did not judge. Your further explanation cleared it up a little

BTW 0 feedback just means new to the site - Not new to the world so that comment is irrelevant :P
__________________
I will never buy a used car. I knew this one guy who bought a used car once and 10 years later...BAM!...Herpes.
http://www.gofundme.com/1v8dp4 Help Connor - Diagnosed SMA 1 by Kristen Smith - GoFundMe
Branesergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
superynaldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 5,231
Default

5 of the 2013 ASEs
1 of the 2013 Pandas
1 PAMP Suisse 1 oz bar...

more to follow...
__________________
CASE KEENUM COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!

Last edited by superynaldo; 08-30-2013 at 08:18 AM.
superynaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Incarnadine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 853
Default

I buy on a regular basis rather than just the "dips", but the 2 happened to coincide yesterday.
I got what has become my most common purchase lately, a 1/4 ounce gold maple leaf and a 10 ounce silver bar, but just because I don't have any I also got a 1 ounce silver bar.

The maple leaf was a 1999 with a 20th anniversary privy
The 10 ounce bar was an NTR year of the snake (I rather like this bar)
The 1 ounce was an OPM .9995 bar. The back is interesting on this on this bar, it says made from recycled material.



1 ounce back...

Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:44 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
IronMonkey415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 17,454
Default

That is a nice Snake bar you have there.
__________________
Only shipping in the U.S.
IronMonkey415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
blake03svtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: texas
Posts: 2,583
Default

Just starting out stacking silver this last month. Have .45 FV coins from change at my corner store plus 2 Morgan's and a silver eagle.

Today I bought 5 maples, 2 peace dollars, 2 silver eagles and 2 JM 1oz bars to add. Looking to get more though but want to check out a local shop before buying more online.
__________________
blake03svtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:34 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
IronMonkey415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 17,454
Default

Some more 1 oz Zombucks

__________________
Only shipping in the U.S.
IronMonkey415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 1,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
I dont think he implied you were shady, I think it was the person who sold them to you he was implying was shady. Not knowing your situation I thought the same thing tho I did not judge. Your further explanation cleared it up a little

BTW 0 feedback just means new to the site - Not new to the world so that comment is irrelevant :P

Never said you were shady. I don't sell or trade on this site. I have 800 positive feedback on ebay and am a powerseller. When i buy or sell coins i do it at coin shows, in person or Ebay. So unless i trade or sell any cards on this forum i will have 0 feedback. I have dealt with coins for probably more years then you are old and i will leave it at that.
JJ53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:02 AM   #74 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host
 
smackvay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: west virginia
Posts: 7,165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ53 View Post
Never said you were shady. I don't sell or trade on this site. I have 800 positive feedback on ebay and am a powerseller. When i buy or sell coins i do it at coin shows, in person or Ebay. So unless i trade or sell any cards on this forum i will have 0 feedback. I have dealt with coins for probably more years then you are old and i will leave it at that.
I will agree to disagree just to be done with it
just to throw it out their i have 3,000 fdback on ebay and im a powerseller as well
__________________
SUPERCOLLECTOR LOOKING FOR PAT WHITE CARDS
NEED SILVER? HAVE SILVER? PM ME EITHER WAYAS IVE GOT PLENTY OF PAYPAL TO PURCHASE YOUR SILVER
smackvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery Texas
Posts: 1,546
Default

I'm 40, have over 5,000 feedback on ebay, over 100 here, 100 on SCF and 350 on Beckett so I win. Oh and I am a power seller also and just lost top rated cuz I cut my listings back - Where is my cookie???!!?!?!! lol :P

So on topic haha I bought 5 Horses yesterday
__________________
I will never buy a used car. I knew this one guy who bought a used car once and 10 years later...BAM!...Herpes.
http://www.gofundme.com/1v8dp4 Help Connor - Diagnosed SMA 1 by Kristen Smith - GoFundMe
Branesergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.