Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

COINS & CURRENCY Post your coins, currency, & precious metals hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any other good silver forums???

Anyone know of any???
Old 10-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81

there are some out there but for the most part no one likes to share their collections or show them off and there tends to be a lot of asshats on there too so even though there isn't a lot of traffic on here, I still kinda prefer this site.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
there are some out there but for the most part no one likes to share their collections or show them off and there tends to be a lot of asshats on there too so even though there isn't a lot of traffic on here, I still kinda prefer this site.
Yeah it's been pretty tough overall looking for good sites... This forum is fine for me though...
Old 10-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

lots of good info on kitcomm.com in the silver discussion
https://www.kitcomm.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

have to join to see most of the photos though
Old 10-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
lots of good info on kitcomm.com in the silver discussion
https://www.kitcomm.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

have to join to see most of the photos though
THANKS... man, you need to change your avatar and signature...
Old 10-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
The reasons people don't "show off their collections" are very legitimate. Most people that buy Silver, buy it because of their distrust in our gov't. Most of the silver buyers on here are card collectors, that now "collect" silver.
Most people who invest(PM's are for protecting your holdings from inflation, not to show off, like baseball cards) in Pm's would never buy cases for their ASE's and buy modern graded coins. Also, people don't want to be taxed on their holdings, and by publicly announcing how much you own, you are inviting the gov't to tax you. and when some of these members are holding 100's of thousands, if not 7 or 8 figures in Pm's, they do not want attention.

I don't mind sharing info on what "I" have bought or sold, because I do not do any transactions in my real name.(Hell I have never own a credit card, paid cash for my car and house, and all of my monthly bills are in someone else's name) But I still would never post pictures of what "I" own. Also when you start dealing with people who have 6 figures or more in PM's you become paranoid about who knows what you have, and it is very easy to get robbed in the PM community(it happens daily), anyone you have bought something from, now has your address, that is why I don't store more than a few 100's oz's in my home, and the rest of it is underground, or at different houses(family members, vacation homes) around the country. That is why most people who have been investing in PM's for years, will always tell you buy a gun before you start holding PM's. I took it a step further, and now have over 100 guns, and currently around half a million rounds of ammunition

Last edited by twoten01; 10-15-2013 at 09:31 AM.
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

But the 2 best websites out there are Realcent.org, and Bullionstacker.com

But remember you won't find many people that are willing to post pictures, and those who do, usually stop "collecting" PM's, when the price gets hit hard, which will happen this week or next.
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

hahahaha...well to be perfectly honest if I had a 6 or 7 figure valued stack of silver and gold I probably wouldn't be showing it either mine is pretty humble at present so I don't really mind.

and when you say the price is going to get hit hard...not sure what you mean...as in a sharp increase? or a sharp drop?

I find it hilarious how people start freaking out when the silver price drops a lot. They're like "OMG OMG my silver...I'm losing a ton of money I better go sell it all before it goes down even more!!!" Such a bad move. A drop in price is the best time to buy more!! Brings your DCA down overall so that when the price does go back up (and sooner or later it pretty much always does) you'll end up more in the green than you were before...

but by all means...panic when the price drops...and bring ur silver here!

Last edited by Texans81; 10-15-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Texans81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superynaldo View Post
THANKS... man, you need to change your avatar and signature...
I do....don't I
Old 10-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ahh Kitcomm.... god I love trolling those farts over there.
A bunch of meanie that think they are better then everyone else.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
Ahh Kitcomm.... god I love trolling those farts over there.
A bunch of meanie that think they are better then everyone else.
I can't stand Kitcomm. They can have some decent information, but many of them are doomsday preppers and aren't afraid to let everyone know it.

A good site for new releases, but not a great site for silver and gold discussion.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'll have to check the others out them
Old 10-16-2013, 12:14 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I can't stand Kitcomm. They can have some decent information, but many of them are doomsday preppers and aren't afraid to let everyone know it.

A good site for new releases, but not a great site for silver and gold discussion.
My thoughts exactly. When I first joined I loved it now I rarely read it once a day as its just all doom and gloom. It is definitely 1 sided in silver will rise soon and the economy is tanking lol Now I just try to learn from the level headed ones and argue with the others lol

As for what he meant on getting hit hard is dropping. A deal will be reached and the US wont default. Any rise we have seen in silver will be erased. I expect close to $20 if not below (My opinion).

On a side discussion - I don't see silver staying much above $15 as it wasn't there before the crash and it appears most "vocal" stackers, meaning those who profess silvers imminent rise, think its going to maintain values that it had right after the crash at $49 an ounce. I agree silver is semi cheap but also think gold is way over valued ATM and will drop further. I also agree with Two in that I am a collector of silver as opposed to a "stacker" being spurred on from my card collecting habits. Most of my purchases have been numi and semi numi stuff.

Last edited by Branesergen; 10-16-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Branesergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

I definatly see myself "collecting" over stacking in a sense, but not on a huge level. I do not care for generic rounds/bars as what a "stacker" would only care for. I want my rounds to be new/uncirc and kept that way...airtites for all my coins. I havnt made it into the numi buying world yet as far as old/rare/low mint/lunar coins yet and really don't see myself doing so.

I sold a big chunk of my sports cards this year and had the funds just sitting in paypal. My grandpa recently passed and he would always give me silver eagles over the years. The last time I saw him, he handed me a silver eagle and 2 morgans and told me to save them for my son who will be born in a few weeks. I started buying silver as something I could hold for him many years down the road. I still have to run my silver purchases as a "hobby" in my opinion for me to keep it interesting. My short term goal is 100 ozs and don't really see myself spending every single extra cent I can in making my stack as big as possible.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I definatly see myself "collecting" over stacking in a sense, but not on a huge level. I do not care for generic rounds/bars as what a "stacker" would only care for. I want my rounds to be new/uncirc and kept that way...airtites for all my coins. I havnt made it into the numi buying world yet as far as old/rare/low mint/lunar coins yet and really don't see myself doing so.

I sold a big chunk of my sports cards this year and had the funds just sitting in paypal. My grandpa recently passed and he would always give me silver eagles over the years. The last time I saw him, he handed me a silver eagle and 2 morgans and told me to save them for my son who will be born in a few weeks. I started buying silver as something I could hold for him many years down the road. I still have to run my silver purchases as a "hobby" in my opinion for me to keep it interesting. My short term goal is 100 ozs and don't really see myself spending every single extra cent I can in making my stack as big as possible.
I'm kind of in the same boat. Although I like the generics ok, I also want to have a nice collection with eagles, pandas, maples, kooks, etc. and also some of the proofs and burnished stuff, some graded coins etc. I guess I'm kind of a hybrid. Part stacker, part collector, and I think of what I have in terms of both as well. I do enjoy doing it though for sure and unlike cards, I'm not left with that sore ass feeling everytime I make a purchase lol.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:19 AM   #16 (permalink)

word to that. 5oz or a box of cert??!!??
Old 10-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
word to that. 5oz or a box of cert??!!??
no brainer there... 5 oz PAMP silver bar... all day long...
Old 10-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
no brainer there... 5 oz PAMP silver bar... all day long...
to hell with that...

real men get TEN ounce bars
Old 10-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
to hell with that...

real men get TEN ounce bars
absolutely... I meant with the choice Blake gave us...
Old 10-16-2013, 02:49 PM   #20 (permalink)

10oz bar or split a box of NT with a buddy
Old 10-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
are you seriously debating that?
Old 10-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Seriously... Look what I did, and follow my lead...

Old 10-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I did both. Except I left out the buddy. My treasures!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #24 (permalink)

Just dropped over a g on my new silver hoard... Will post pics as soon as I receive it all...
Old 10-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Just dropped over a g on my new silver hoard... Will post pics as soon as I receive it all...
sweetness, looking forward to that!