Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

COINS & CURRENCY Post your coins, currency, & precious metals hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81
Default Do they make airtites or some other type of holder for 10 oz bars?

Entirely possible this has been asked before but I'm a lazy bastard and just can't be bothered to search for it, LOL.

I've seen some that come in these flimsy little plastic baggy lookin things. But those tend to kinda fall apart. Anyone know of a nice secure holder for these 10 oz bars? If so please post a pic or link to em. Superynaldo has me chompin at the bit for a 10 oz PAMP bar or two and if I'm gonna get em, I want something nice to put them in!
Old 10-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

I worried about this when I bought my 10 oz Kook and looked on air-tites.com for a case for it and I think I remember seeing some for bars. Luckily mine came in one.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Scottsdale Stacker 10oz Silver Bar Holder Case | eBay
Old 10-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

10 oz Pamp's come already in the plastic holder.
twoten01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
$15 to store silver. Guys you can take a 10 oz bar, throw it into your fireplace, remove(when the fire is done burning), turn around and resell it on ebay, for the same price you paid.( i have seen many bars that were in house fires and they sell the same as a "brand new" bar).

The reason to buy silver to is to hedge against inflation, not to collect. And if you want to collect, a 10 oz bar will not appreicate anymore becuase it is brand new. I see this all the time, with people buying graded ASE"s, the sellers are laughing all the way to the bank. If people think BGS or PSA are bias and grade differently for their big spenders. You have no idea how corrput ICG, PCGS, NGC are.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
Entirely possible this has been asked before but I'm a lazy bastard and just can't be bothered to search for it, LOL.

I've seen some that come in these flimsy little plastic baggy lookin things. But those tend to kinda fall apart. Anyone know of a nice secure holder for these 10 oz bars? If so please post a pic or link to em. Superynaldo has me chompin at the bit for a 10 oz PAMP bar or two and if I'm gonna get em, I want something nice to put them in!
PAMP bars come in holders... you get what you pay for...
Old 10-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoten01 View Post
$15 to store silver. Guys you can take a 10 oz bar, throw it into your fireplace, remove(when the fire is done burning), turn around and resell it on ebay, for the same price you paid.( i have seen many bars that were in house fires and they sell the same as a "brand new" bar).

The reason to buy silver to is to hedge against inflation, not to collect. And if you want to collect, a 10 oz bar will not appreicate anymore becuase it is brand new. I see this all the time, with people buying graded ASE"s, the sellers are laughing all the way to the bank. If people think BGS or PSA are bias and grade differently for their big spenders. You have no idea how corrput ICG, PCGS, NGC are.
I understand what you are saying, but some people "collect" as well as buy graded ASEs, and want to keep their treasures in sealed cases... what's the big deal... in all fairness $15 on top of a $290+ 10 oz bar is worth it to me imho... plus, I ordered a brand new PAMP 10 oz from APMEX yesterday, and it is already selling for $8 more than I paid for it today on their website...
Old 10-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
10 oz Pamp's come already in the plastic holder.
that is true...
Old 10-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:

that may be the reason YOU buy silver, but if I want to buy it for that reason and also want to buy as a collector as well and want to keep my stuff in nice condition...what's wrong with that? you think it's dumb and a waste of money/time? so be it...that is your prerogative. but if I wanna keep my stuff in holders to keep them in nice shape or even buy graded coins because I also enjoy the collecting side of it, that's MY prerogative.

if you have something to contribute to a question someone asks then I and others I'm sure would welcome your input. if you're just going to come on here and tell us what we're doing wrong and why we're dumb for doing it, keep it to your self and move on...
Old 10-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superynaldo View Post
PAMP bars come in holders... you get what you pay for...
good stuff, thanks!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
that may be the reason YOU buy silver, but if I want to buy it for that reason and also want to buy as a collector as well and want to keep my stuff in nice condition...what's wrong with that? you think it's dumb and a waste of money/time? so be it...that is your prerogative. but if I wanna keep my stuff in holders to keep them in nice shape or even buy graded coins because I also enjoy the collecting side of it, that's MY prerogative.

if you have something to contribute to a question someone asks then I and others I'm sure would welcome your input. if you're just going to come on here and tell us what we're doing wrong and why we're dumb for doing it, keep it to your self and move on...
^^^^THIS^^^^
Old 10-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but some people "collect" as well as buy graded ASEs, and want to keep their treasures in sealed cases... what's the big deal... in all fairness $15 on top of a $290+ 10 oz bar is worth it to me imho... plus, I ordered a brand new PAMP 10 oz from APMEX yesterday, and it is already selling for $8 more than I paid for it today on their website...
Yeah but $15 per 10 oz bar, there are plenty of people out there with 1,000's of 10 oz bars. That $15 adds up(for every 16-17 cases you can buy another bar and while silver will drop again, it will always be worth more than 15 cases of plastic) and when you go to sell, you won't get your money back from them unless you sell to another "collector", who usually leave the "hobby" when price drop dramatically.

Remember, guys, silver was only $5.75 an oz this decade, and will be back to that price this decade. Then you just paid $15 to store something worth $60.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:

And how long have you been buying silver for. I have been buying for over 20 years. I see this everyday, collectors start buying silver thinking it is better than their past hobbies, until, the price drops, and then they can't wait until they can get out of it.

You can obivously buy whatever you want. But I was just trying to help out new stackers, with ways to increase your stack, your silver will always have value, these silly plastic cases will not.

Nowhere did I call anyone dumb for buying cases for their silver. But since I have received over 100 pm's in the last 2 months alone. Thanking me for helping them out with PM's. I figured I would continue to help out new stackers.

Last edited by twoten01; 10-17-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

withdrawn....
Old 10-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
And how long have you been buying silver for. I have been buying for over 20 years. I see this everyday, collectors start buying silver thinking it is better than their past hobbies, until, the price drops, and then they can't wait until they can get out of it.

You can obivously buy whatever you want. But I was just trying to help out new stackers, with ways to increase your stack, your silver will always have value, these silly plastic cases will not.

Nowhere did I call anyone dumb for buying cases for their silver. But since I have received over 100 pm's in the last 2 months alone. Thanking me for helping them out with PM's. I figured I would continue to help out new stackers.
I see your point on this.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah but $15 per 10 oz bar, there are plenty of people out there with 1,000's of 10 oz bars. That $15 adds up(for every 16-17 cases you can buy another bar and while silver will drop again, it will always be worth more than 15 cases of plastic) and when you go to sell, you won't get your money back from them unless you sell to another "collector", who usually leave the "hobby" when price drop dramatically.

Remember, guys, silver was only $5.75 an oz this decade, and will be back to that price this decade. Then you just paid $15 to store something worth $60.
I agree with you if in fact you have that many bars, but I say if people want to protect their PMs with plastic cases and air tites, etc... let em... I in fact do with ALL my collection, as I just want them to stay in the best possible condition... I don't mind spending a few dollars here and there for coin supplies... especially being new, and picking up a bit at a time, it's easier for me to protect as I go... hell, I hope silver would drop that low... I will be buying a truckload... I just enjoy fondling and rolling around in my treasure... The more I buy the more silver to play with...
Old 10-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

I agree with the above...personally I can't for the life of my understand why you'd jump ship if the price starts going down. That's the best time to buy more!!! From what I know of it, and I'm admittedly fairly new to the game, DCA is king.

You buy 100 oz at $20 a piece, you spent $2000 and now have 100 oz at a DCA of $20.

Then something happens and silver drops way down to like $10. So you spend another $2000 and buy 200 oz. So now you've spent $4000 and you have 300 oz at a DCA of $13.33 overall.

So now if silver manages to climb back up to $15 then you're $500 in the plus even though spot is still $5/oz lower than when you bought your first batch.

These folks who run at the dips just don't seem to understand this concept I guess, lol.

Unless I'm just way off base here? :P
Old 10-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree with you if in fact you have that many bars, but I say if people want to protect their PMs with plastic cases and air tites, etc... let em... I in fact do with ALL my collection, as I just want them to stay in the best possible condition... I don't mind spending a few dollars here and there for coin supplies... especially being new, and picking up a bit at a time, it's easier for me to protect as I go... hell, I hope silver would drop that low... I will be buying a truckload... I just enjoy fondling and rolling around in my treasure... The more I buy the more silver to play with...
(10 oz silver bars were alot easier on the wallet, when I was paying $55 per )
That was all I was trying to say, I have collected cards my whole life, like I am sure most here have as well, and in this hobby it is all about condition. I just wanted to let new stackers know, it is not like that with Silver bullion. Just trying to help some save some money.

And the price will be back down that low. Remember this is historically one of the highest prices silver has been at(2011-2013), it will not stay this way. Don't buy into the hype that silver will be $100, $1000 or more. Anyone saying that( and check the websites these articles come from) is just trying to swindle new people into buying. We will see WWIII, before we see $100 an oz silver.

Last edited by twoten01; 10-17-2013 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree with the above...personally I can't for the life of my understand why you'd jump ship if the price starts going down. That's the best time to buy more!!! From what I know of it, and I'm admittedly fairly new to the game, DCA is king.

You buy 100 oz at $20 a piece, you spent $2000 and now have 100 oz at a DCA of $20.

Then something happens and silver drops way down to like $10. So you spend another $2000 and buy 200 oz. So now you've spent $4000 and you have 300 oz at a DCA of $13.33 overall.

So now if silver manages to climb back up to $15 then you're $500 in the plus even though spot is still $5/oz lower than when you bought your first batch.

These folks who run at the dips just don't seem to understand this concept I guess, lol.

Unless I'm just way off base here? :P
You may be new, but you nailed it on the head. DCA is king. Just make sure when you see the prices start falling you stick to this plan and stack, stack, stack. I have heard this from thousands of people online, and they all say that when the prices drop dramatically they will be buying as much as they can, but very few do, those who do, will prosper.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
(10 oz silver bars were alot easier on the wallet, when I was paying $55 per )
That was all I was trying to say, I have collected cards my whole life, like I am sure most here have as well, and in this hobby it is all about condition. I just wanted to let new stackers know, it is not like that with Silver bullion. Just trying to help some save some money.

And the price will be back down that low. Remember this is historically one of the highest prices silver has been at(2011-2013), it will not stay this way. Don't buy into the hype that silver will be $100, $1000 or more. Anyone saying that( and check the websites these articles come from) is just trying to swindle new people into buying. We will see WWIII, before we see $100 an oz silver.
If it ever doubles, I will SELL, SELL, SELL...
Old 10-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:

THIS! I read damn near everywhere that $21 an ounce is a SALE and to buy buy buy. And I have asked numerous times why its a sale when it was $5-$8 an ounce for YEARS up until a couple years before the crash I think it topped $10 or $12 then toppled with the crash then shot up to $49 after - after alot of people where back to work - and no one can answer why its a sale! This is why I buy what I buy. What I've come to conclude is that most of its fear because along with the its a sale quotes come the economy is going to collapse soon and FIAT is coming to an end. I dont believe it. And again, this is why I buy what I buy and also why I wont touch gold. Every spike has come after a recession, a start to rebuild and then fears of falling into another recession. And what actually happens is when people NEED gold and silver its toppled just like everything else. I'm set for another recession. Let it come and afterwards I will sell my silver for anything above $35 an ounce. Until then - Its fun to look at and play with
Old 10-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

That is the right plan, but I would say if/when the next time we see $30 or around there sell. There are alot of people who started buying in 2011 during the run up, if we see high $30's low $40's again, there will be so much silver on the market, the prices will drop back down almost overnight. It will be a very short window to liquidate. But if you time it right, you will be able to buy an incredible amount with the profits, that is how I got started in silver in the 80's with the Hunt bros, and the crazy price crashes(well my Uncle started buying some for me, and I haven't looked back)
Old 10-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
THIS! I read damn near everywhere that $21 an ounce is a SALE and to buy buy buy. And I have asked numerous times why its a sale when it was $5-$8 an ounce for YEARS up until a couple years before the crash I think it topped $10 or $12 then toppled with the crash then shot up to $49 after - after alot of people where back to work - and no one can answer why its a sale! This is why I buy what I buy. What I've come to conclude is that most of its fear because along with the its a sale quotes come the economy is going to collapse soon and FIAT is coming to an end. I dont believe it. And again, this is why I buy what I buy and also why I wont touch gold. Every spike has come after a recession, a start to rebuild and then fears of falling into another recession. And what actually happens is when people NEED gold and silver its toppled just like everything else. I'm set for another recession. Let it come and afterwards I will sell my silver for anything above $35 an ounce. Until then - Its fun to look at and play with
Yeah these websites, know how to create fear in people, and those same people turn around and spew that nonsense, that silver is ON SALE right now. Granted there will be a time where silver and gold explode, and the last few years have seen the stockpiles of silver dwindle, but there is so much out there, that if the price started rising rapidly, so much of it, would be fore sale in the marketplace. That the prices would drop dramatically again.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah these websites, know how to create fear in people, and those same people turn around and spew that nonsense, that silver is ON SALE right now. Granted there will be a time where silver and gold explode, and the last few years have seen the stockpiles of silver dwindle, but there is so much out there, that if the price started rising rapidly, so much of it, would be fore sale in the marketplace. That the prices would drop dramatically again.
this is also why I am buying what I actually LIKE instead of just stacking generics, etc... that way worst case I have some pretty stuff to look at and play with...
Old 10-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
this is also why I am buying what I actually LIKE instead of just stacking generics, etc... that way worst case I have some pretty stuff to look at and play with...
that is a great way to do it, and if silver was ever completely worthless, you can still act out your Scrooge Mcduck fantasies, and jump around in it