Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

COINS & CURRENCY Post your coins, currency, & precious metals hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81
Default Starting over...

well an opportunity presented itself and I just sold my whole stack. actually got pretty much exactly what I paid for it. so didn't make any, but didn't lose any. using the money to knock out a couple of big bills. will save me a lot of money in interest so in that way I definitely came out ahead and it'll free up quite a bit of money every month that doesn't have to go toward bills anymore.

I'll give ya 2 guesses where THAT money will be going!

so I guess I'll have to start up a new stack thread but hey that's alright...it'll be fun rebuilding!
Old 10-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Big news huh... That's disappointing, but on the bright side, I wont feel like mine is tiny!

Looking forward to you new journey
Mtn8ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Pre-2011 Pandas

make 15% a year
gmoney000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Smart choice IMO. Pay down debt 1st and foremost. Spend whats left over on silver. Silver does you no good if you are ever faced with having to sell to pay something else off. You did good IMO.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

That's the name of the game^^^^
SMART move clap clap clap
Old 10-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

god damn...just went and looked. almost $85 a piece for 2010 pandas?!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
god damn...just went and looked. almost $85 a piece for 2010 pandas?!
That's why I haven't bought anything pre 2011 lol...I cant justify paying that.
KEARYCOLBERT83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEARYCOLBERT83 View Post
yeah I don't really see me doing that either...
Old 10-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Wow I got mine for $60 a few months ago. Maybe it is time to sell lol
Old 10-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have

2x 2013
2x 2012
2x 2011

Havent gone back further
KEARYCOLBERT83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:54 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney000 View Post
Pre-2011 Pandas

make 15% a year
How? & why?
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3toOKC View Post
How? & why?
Extremely low mintages. But they don't go up 15% yearly. They have shot up recently, due to new buyers in the silver market collecting Panda's, but they have had only 2 or 3 jumps, and they won't continue at that rate. Still a good investment piece.

Even better investment if you have the cash are the Gold Panda's, some of these are limited to 12-13,000 pieces and have exploded in prices. Remember Chinese were only recently allowed to own Gold, and there is alot of weatlh in the Asian nations. (Look at the big spenders on here). The 1982 Gold panda currently sells on Apmex for $4295, just 5 years ago or so, that coin was under $1,000. I bought 10 at that time, and still see this coin doubling if not more.
Gold panda's are HUGE in China, I know collectors over there who own over 100 of 1982's, each. Once these are in their hands over there, they will not be back on the market. But the gains over the next 10 years or so, will be tremendous.

BUT 1 piece of advice, DO NOT ever buy Panda's on ebay. I always preach about fake PM's, but Panda's are a whole different ballgame. 9 out of 10 Panda's on there are fake.(Hell probably 5 out of 10, ever seen by most people are fakes) There are fakes for every year, gold and silver. There is a book written about the Panda's, I suggest anyone looking to collect buy the book first.(Gold & Silver Panda Coin buyer's guide by peter Anthony, I do not know him, or get any financial compensation for this, just looking to help out fellow collectors)
twoten01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

haha...I wouldn't buy generics on ebay let alone pandas. I stay far away from there. I pretty much either buy from my LCS who I've known for a long time as I used to stop in there when I'd go to my card shop (they're right next door) or APMEX. Or a few people on here. that's pretty much it.

I wish friday would get here already...selling off all my silver...while nice for getting rid of some bills...has left me with this terrible itch, hahaha.

I'm also not sure about buying gold right now. With where the GSR is currently it seems like silver is the better buy. I'd be more likely to continue with silver and hold until the GSR is more favorable...maybe in the 20-30:1 range and then trade everything over to gold. then just wait and see and if the GSR falls back down again to the 50-60:1 it is right now...then trade it all back over and I will have nearly doubled my stack. I'm not sure how viable this is as no one ever knows what the hell the market is gonna do but its something I'd think about should the opportunity arise.

Last edited by Texans81; 10-30-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Texans81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
haha...I wouldn't buy generics on ebay let alone pandas. I stay far away from there. I pretty much either buy from my LCS who I've known for a long time as I used to stop in there when I'd go to my card shop (they're right next door) or APMEX. Or a few people on here. that's pretty much it.

I wish friday would get here already...selling off all my silver...while nice for getting rid of some bills...has left me with this terrible itch, hahaha.
Coin store next to a card shop, oh boy, I would be broke. While ebay can be good for "regular" pm's, if you know what to look for. Panda's are crazy, some of the fakes can only be known, by the width of the steps on the reverse, or the amount of steps, and they are different for every release. I see fakes on ebay every time I look, selling for $2k or more.

Some people have more money than brains, and of course, since they don't know they are fake, they will try and sell these back on the market(and most likely the new buyer won't know what they are looking at)

I know how that itch feels, thankfully for me, I haven't bought any metals in over a year, and don't plan on buying any for at least another year or two.
twoten01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEARYCOLBERT83 View Post
its a little late to the game i guess.. but even when silver dropped they still go up 15-20%

still gunna do 15-20% each year
proven over and over, people said $10-$15 over spot was expensive at the time they came out too, and now look
gmoney000 is offline   Reply With Quote