Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

COINS & CURRENCY Post your coins, currency, & precious metals hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 07:35 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Oh em gee. Silver broke out like a raging bull today. If we can hit $23+ by next week, I will be doing the happy dance. Looks like we may be finally getting the spike we've been waiting for for over 2 years now. About damn time.

disclaimer: calming my nerves. Been on the 'brink' of a breakout too many times in the past few months to get overly excited. Cautiously optimistic.
It's definitely a strong move, especially gold in the last couple weeks. Just a steady climb, nothing crazy. JP Morgan now holds more physical silver than at any point in their history. They are not buying it by the ton to crush its value over the long haul.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:19 PM   #27 (permalink)

I am seeing 10 oz bars at different prices why is that, does it have to do with the design or what? Sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm new to the precious metal exchange. Thanks for any help
dbackfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbackfan12 View Post
I am seeing 10 oz bars at different prices why is that, does it have to do with the design or what? Sorry if this is a stupid question but i'm new to the precious metal exchange. Thanks for any help
Yes, mainly the refiner/manufacturer. The style of the bar is also a factor. Many older style bars are poured, and command a premium with most. I won't attempt a 'popularity list' on the brand names, someone else is likely more versed in that than I am. Personally, I'm trying to get the most metal at the lowest cost. OPM bars are great for this, as are the 10oz. bars that Provident sells. You can get into the Engelhard, PAMP and others, but you're just paying for the name.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #29 (permalink)

Putting any numismatic value on modern bars is very foolish and don't believe the hype. The only bars that should command a premium are bars that were poured 50+ years ago and then it's still up for debate.

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

I bought a 5 oz morgan bar for 123$, a from Jm Bullion, a couple bucks over silver prices but I guess you have to spend more than 2500 $ to get a good deal. Is there anywhere where you cam buy a couple hundred worth of silver for a price closer to the current rate?
Old 02-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
I bought a 5 oz morgan bar for 123$, a from Jm Bullion, a couple bucks over silver prices but I guess you have to spend more than 2500 $ to get a good deal. Is there anywhere where you cam buy a couple hundred worth of silver for a price closer to the current rate?
cough cough must be something in my throat
Old 02-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackvay View Post
cough cough must be something in my throat
Ill keep that in mind even though last time I tried to buy some gold you ran out of what I wanted
Old 02-17-2014, 12:37 PM   #33 (permalink)

PM spot prices still climbing across the board. What is everyone doing? Business as usual? Holding? Selling?

I don't have a ton of PMs but I am holding what I got to see how far this climb goes. I'm also kicking myself for not buying more when silver spot was $19.15 a few weeks ago.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
You're in AZ, right? You are one of the lucky few that aren't taxed on any precious metals. I'd imagine you can find deals on bars at local coin shops, etc. For most, it's actually more cost effective to buy online, due to local/state taxes. You may be able to score some really good deals if you start looking around locally.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:52 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbloom View Post
PM spot prices still climbing across the board. What is everyone doing? Business as usual? Holding? Selling?

I don't have a ton of PMs but I am holding what I got to see how far this climb goes. I'm also kicking myself for not buying more when silver spot was $19.15 a few weeks ago.
Yeah I regret not buying more 90% when spot was around $19. Holding for now.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
Yeah I regret not buying more 90% when spot was around $19. Holding for now.
Buy more now. That way you don't have to regret not buying more 90% when spot was around $22. Seeing a dip like we have had makes people forget about how good of a deal silver is right now, even at its current pricing.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:31 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by premium1981 View Post
Buy more now. That way you don't have to regret not buying more 90% when spot was around $22. Seeing a dip like we have had makes people forget about how good of a deal silver is right now, even at its current pricing.
DING DING DING!!!!
Congratulations you have won the coveted Blowout Forum's post of the day!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #38 (permalink)

watch Bitcoin. then buy
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 03:29 PM   #39 (permalink)

Kind of a weird day. Last night all the metals were dropping, silver went below $21.30, but this morning everything is rebounding. Gold still down $5, but silver made back all it's losses and is actually up a dime.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote