Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > COINS & CURRENCY

COINS & CURRENCY Post your coins, currency, & precious metals hobby talk here.

View Poll Results: Gold up or down from here in 2014?
Up A lot 20+% 6 11.11%
Up A little 5-19% 13 24.07%
Flat +/- 5% 14 25.93%
Down little 15 27.78%
Down A Lot 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What do you expect Gold to go from here

Gold has been up six of the last seven weeks. While it does not have much momentum seems noteworthy. Thought I would post a poll

Like to hear your thoughts on gold and even silver if you wish.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think it will stay pretty flat for right now until people decide what direction the stock market is going to go.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

I heard it take 1200 just to pull it out of the ground..
Indiabaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiabaseball View Post
I heard it take 1200 just to pull it out of the ground..

Not sure where you got that info, but most gold is mined for just a few hundred per ounce. Depends on where it is and how much of it is there.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

IMO 2014 is going to be a flat year for metals, but when inflation hits and the stock market takes a dump, bar the door.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

I voted flat. Most of my gold was bought when it was 400 a OZ. So even if it tanks i dont think it will fall below that.

Pastime Cards burned me on my Redemption BEWARE of Them!!!
JJ53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

The government has been behind a push to keep gold down since its meteoric rise in 2011. Pay attention to how the government has been manipulating the precious metals futures market for the past couple years and you will see why.

The Fed’s Assault On Gold: “Short Selling” and the Rigging of the Gold Market | Global Research

Fed Shorting Gold to Support the Dollar, Former Assistant Treasury Secretary Roberts Says - Ed Steer's Gold & Silver Daily

The government cannot keep this up forever. The incoming federal reserve chief already made mention that QE will soften and this also means manipulation of the precious metals market. I expect to see gold pushing $1800 an ounce by the end of the year if not sooner.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:40 AM   #8 (permalink)

Sideways movement for a lonnnnnng time. I'm about to unload most of my pneum's...as I have some short term investments in mind that will yield much better results.

Best of luck to you all, stay strong!
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Up Down up down.

I'll wait. In the meantime I can pursue other hobby interests until then.
CxG Voodoo Doll is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

It certainly seems like there is the beginning of an upward trend for gold recently. It's over $1291 now. Even when it drops it seems to recover quickly and edge higher than before the drop.
Silver is still range bound, but the range seems slightly higher now, bouncing between $20 and $20.20.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

I sold all of mine from $1700-$1800. range....... I hope it tanks so I can buy it back......
Wolfgang427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

It's interesting that there hasn't been the repetition of multiple large smackdowns in the past few weeks . They kept pounding it down consistently and for some reason have left it alone for a bit.
Stop buying Panini garbage. Just stop. Next time you feel like you might, just bash yourself in the face with a 2x4 with rusty nails sticking out. Same thing. THEY.DO.NOT.CARE. How hard is it to wrap your mind around that?
nabzy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
It's interesting that there hasn't been the repetition of multiple large smackdowns in the past few weeks . They kept pounding it down consistently and for some reason have left it alone for a bit.
Read my post above.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

At this point I think the gold will follow the vix. Which is just a barometer of volatility in the s+p. If that goes up stocks will drop overall in general.

But careful using that as a barometer overall cuz the vix is like reset everyday. As it is used as an instrument for day traders that want to hedge their betts. Still think gold Tops out @1425. If it breaks that number, then anything is possible.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

Credit Suisse predicted last weak that gold falls below $1000/oz during 2014. That should push silver below my expectation of $12/oz.

Funds are not jumping back into gold and they created the mega bubble.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Credit Suisse predicted last weak that gold falls below $1000/oz during 2014. That should push silver below my expectation of $12/oz.

Funds are not jumping back into gold and they created the mega bubble.
Been hearing predictions like that for about two months now. I am curious what makes you believe this other then credit agencies downgrading their price target. I think since they have been saying this gold has only had one down week. One

The funds are all ready diversified is my bet. Meaning holding a fair share of gold.

Last edited by itsinusall; 02-19-2014 at 09:16 PM.
itsinusall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:37 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnadine View Post
It certainly seems like there is the beginning of an upward trend for gold recently. It's over $1291 now. Even when it drops it seems to recover quickly and edge higher than before the drop.
Silver is still range bound, but the range seems slightly higher now, bouncing between $20 and $20.20.
I will be dreaming of waking up to see silver finally be able to pierce that $22.00 resistance sometime this week.

Keyword: dreaming.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsinusall View Post
Been hearing predictions like that for about two months now. I am curious what makes you believe this other then credit agencies downgrading their price target. I think since they have been saying this gold has only had one down week. One

The funds are all ready diversified is my bet. Meaning holding a fair share of gold.
Its only 2 months into the year. Keep waiting. Barring something devastating the economy is looking up, stocks are going up, people are working for the most part and starting to spend a little. As the sentiment continues to go positive then metals will come down and stocks will go up. Esecially as more and more leave the PM's for the stock market. I haven't bought any in about 4 or 5 months and wont until it hits the number I think it will hit. If I'm wrong - Oh well I still have a few hundred ounces tucked away. The only people who think it will skyrocket again are the conspiracy theorists.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I will be dreaming of waking up to see silver finally be able to pierce that $22.00 resistance sometime this week.

Keyword: dreaming.
Silver was getting smacked around last night, down to around $21.50, wake up and it's over $22, and holding the line there (so far)
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incarnadine View Post
Silver was getting smacked around last night, down to around $21.50, wake up and it's over $22, and holding the line there (so far)
Lots of sideward movement, but it seems to stay up .10-.15 cents each day.