Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 12:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default walking dead video game

anybody playing the episodic Walking Dead game (available on Xbox arcade, PC, and PS3 i think)? Episode 2 came out yesterday and I already blew through it. Just curious to see if anybody else has played it and your thoughts!

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

I haven't even heard about it!!! Is it free on xbox arcade?
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

It's not free but it's cheap and it's fun as hell.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

each episode costs 400 MSP. i know for the PC version you can pay a flat rate for the 5 or 6 episode pass that saves you a few bucks, but no such luck on xbl arcade from what i've seen.

i've played through the first two chapters, and i'll tell you, it's addicting. You get roughly 2 hours of gameplay (maybe more if you don't rush sometimes like I did) per episode, and it's totally engrossing. Almost every choice you make has repercussions throughout the story. Decisions I made in episode 1 carried over into episode 2 by way of characters remaining and dialogue.

they also made a key change that I absolutely love to up the ante a bit in conversations. For most of your conversations, you have 3 choices that are dialogue and one choice that is silence. There is also a timer- the more frantic the situation the less time you have to decide what to say. If you are late or don't choose, you use the non-answer silence and THAT even affects how characters perceive you.

I love the game. Minor disclaimer though- don't expect to be doing a ton of combat, and the combat you DO do is going to be point and click for the most part. Just wanted to throw that out there.

fans of the series will love these games though.

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

I haven't played episode 2 yet but I loved 1, you are supposed to be able to go to like GameStop and for 20.00 get a code for all episodes
BCush56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

I found it to be crap
I was falling asleep before opening the sliding glass door
Old 06-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
I found it to be crap
I was falling asleep before opening the sliding glass door
LMAO me too! i thought it sucked i hate games like that qte games i will not be buying anymore of them. i thought it was gonna be something cool like left for dead or something. it could have been a blockbuster game but it sucked to me
Jeremy Kerley
Super Collector
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

I like it it's a good change of pace from the constant fragging and kill streaks of cod and gears. It's like reading a comic that you get to develop.
scarface1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface1346 View Post
I like it it's a good change of pace from the constant fragging and kill streaks of cod and gears. It's like reading a comic that you get to develop.
See, I think console games are silly at best as well.

I mean, if you want a change of pace that is refreshing...Frisbee is nice...backyard football is great, love swimming
Old 07-01-2012, 03:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

I am waiting for the Physical disc to come out, and I have never played a Quick Time Events game before, so I have no clue if I am going to like it.
TheBigAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
See, I think console games are silly at best as well.

I mean, if you want a change of pace that is refreshing...Frisbee is nice...backyard football is great, love swimming
No disrespect but then your kinda in the wrong thread since this is about a video game.
scarface1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAndy View Post
I am waiting for the Physical disc to come out, and I have never played a Quick Time Events game before, so I have no clue if I am going to like it.
well, i guess that's a good way to describe it. you've never had a game with quick-time elements before? I know Resident Evil 4 had some during the boss fights (especially the krauser knife fight scene) and same with RE5. Just keep in mind that it's mostly talking (like the TWD universe is) and low action.

I'll tell ya in episode 2 I knew something was off, but still didn't figure out what was wrong until it hit me in the face in the game

Old 07-02-2012, 12:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

I am addicted to this game too. I actually dont play much video games either. I downloaded the 1st episode demo and thought it was lame. But decided to buy the game and give it a shot anyways. Tough decisions, and a different style make it fun
jason122883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #14 (permalink)

I actually really enjoy this game. When I have more time, I may go back and make different decisions and see what happens thoughout the rest of the story. It is a slow-paced game if you are looking for an action game. But in terms of relating it to the TV show, I do like how they didn't try to make it EXACTLY like it. That would have killed it. Can't wait for episode 3.
Bucket:http://s1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/joceltics34/
joceltics34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joceltics34 View Post
I actually really enjoy this game. When I have more time, I may go back and make different decisions and see what happens thoughout the rest of the story. It is a slow-paced game if you are looking for an action game. But in terms of relating it to the TV show, I do like how they didn't try to make it EXACTLY like it. That would have killed it. Can't wait for episode 3.
my old roommate and I both play and we make about 50-50 on the decisions. Some places we're aligned, and others we're starkly different. We're living vicariously through each other's playthroughs to see what happens if one of us makes a different decision, which is cool.

Obviously i'll do it all myself at some point, but it's nice to just have one solid playthrough first so I don't get my saves-games mixed up. I'm playing this one as I would if it were me (pretty middle of the road), and I plan to have 2 more saves where I'm a hardass and where i pretty much just do whatever i'm told to see how it is.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

just played the last chapter. kind of a cop-out i feel like.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
That sucks...the wife and I are going to play tonight to finish the story.
"He went from sacking quarterbacks to tackling crime" - NFL Superpro #1
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/comicbookjunkie/
LBSB333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
I beat the last episode the other night....I thought the same thing but the storyline till the ending had me wanting to play more and eagerly awaiting each episodes release...overall Telltale games did very good on the game considering I wasn't impressed with Jurassic Park....too bad they only did Back to the Future on PC and not the 360 because I heard that was good...My only flaw to the Walkign Dead game was even though it was quick time I felt they didnt offer more events in the story to choose from.
Bader is offline   Reply With Quote