Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Revival #1 hits 7/11 - Get your copies now

This book could be hot, get your pre-orders in now if you have not yet, and they DO have a Variant cover. The Variants might sell out FAST so go now while you're pondering it.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ordered one of each. Thanks for the tip, Indy. Worth a shot for the price.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've read the previews and it looks pretty cool. A different take on a zombie infiltation of society. If the Walking Dead crowd latches onto this, it'll sell out fast.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I've read the previews and it looks pretty cool. A different take on a zombie infiltation of society. If the Walking Dead crowd latches onto this, it'll sell out fast.
I just read the description Midtown had for it and was already intrigued. I think you're right about the fans of Walking Dead. This could be a big one.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Here's the first couple pages from the book to give you a taste.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

I dunno
I researched previous zombie titles as well as on-going and those that were out when WD was entering it's 3rd year and it seems like the zombie crowd is extremely picky

MAX/Marvel has 2 ? Zombie titles out, or had, and they seemed to have aggressive story lines, really graphic panels and nice art work,but I found that 1-8 sells for a whopping 5.00 in one that was endorsed by Romero ( The king of zombies) and that really seemed confusing to me from a genre stand-point

I think riding the zombie craze may be a good choice if done in moderation. 1-2 copies should be a safe go as if it does bomb, you are about 6.00 bucks, but going in feet 1st, like I have done with Chew lol, could be risky
Old 07-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yes, I agree Gib. Just get a few copies. Speculating can be a painful hobby. Must be done in moderation. I pre-ordered it months ago and got 10 copies at $1.50 each, so I'm out 15.00 if it tanks, but I did get a couple of the variants today just in case.

I also picked up a copy each of

Chew Secret Agent Poyo #1 Regular Rob Guillory Cover
Punk Rock Jesus #1

Everything else I'll get at the LCS last this week and next week on the 11th. It's gonna be a crazy 11th as Walking Dead #100 is released that day as well.

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 07-04-2012 at 03:05 PM.
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have a CGC SS 9.8 regular and SDCC Poyo covers coming after SDCC
Old 07-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

speculation is a painful hobby guys espiecially with all the dam image titles
Muaythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

REVIVAL #1 is fantastic and I don’t care what you think about me or my opinions, as long as you buy this book.

From Brian Salazar

Now that that is out of the way, let me tell you why you should read this book - It’s scary, creepy, odd and compelling.

Taking a gamble only a couple of seasoned storytellers would dare, we are thrown right into the middle of a rural Wisconsin town dealing with a supernatural and bizarre problem. There is no drawn out set-up or long-winded explanation of why things are so messed up. The situation is complicated and you have to deal with it just like the characters in the book. They have no idea what is going on so why should we? I loved that Seeley and Norton had the balls to throw us in the middle of something crazy and make us try and catch up along the way. And along the way they creep the hell out of you.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
REVIVAL #1 is fantastic and I donít care what you think about me or my opinions, as long as you buy this book.

From Brian Salazar

Now that that is out of the way, let me tell you why you should read this book - Itís scary, creepy, odd and compelling.

Taking a gamble only a couple of seasoned storytellers would dare, we are thrown right into the middle of a rural Wisconsin town dealing with a supernatural and bizarre problem. There is no drawn out set-up or long-winded explanation of why things are so messed up. The situation is complicated and you have to deal with it just like the characters in the book. They have no idea what is going on so why should we? I loved that Seeley and Norton had the balls to throw us in the middle of something crazy and make us try and catch up along the way. And along the way they creep the hell out of you.
I do not think anyone said anything about you
Story only goes so far with me, I need the nice artwork as well and the art is #@#@#@#@ here.
Doesn't mean it wont go big, jsut means I wouldn't get it on the offhand
Old 07-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Oh, I wasn't responding to anything in particular Gib, I just like to post info about the books as I find it. If you don't like the art, don't pick it up, no biggie.

If art was the only factor in these books, NOBODY would read Walking Dead as the art in that book is subpar compared to most modern comics IMHO.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Oh, i was just giving my POV,thats all bud
Oddly that was what got me 1st on those Chew books, the art and then the story
The art
Kills me I traded off the 1-4 and then saw a #1 go out for several hundred yesterday lol
Oh well, I liked what I got,just would have made for a much nicer auction down the road that offer 5 and up :P