Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Walking dead #100 Debacle :)

I read this earlier on CBR

How many readers the 330,000 copies will account for is something only retailers will know for sure, though the number is certainly a reflection of "The Walking Dead's" status as perhaps the comic sales juggernaut of the past five years if not the past decade. Recent estimates place the monthly series over 50,000 copies in sales each month, and the collected trade paperbacks of the book continue to top all reported sales charts both inside and outside the Direct Market.

Clearly with less than 60k of each issue ordered since day 1 VS 100k and slightly less on main stream marvel titles, makes WD the sales Juggernaut on the comic world.....maybe they meant Image titles

Issue 100 is SOOOO overprinted anyone who even considered investing in the normal issue needs their head examined.
The book is worth less TODAY than it was yesterday and the day before....and so on.

Walking Dead fans who read, no slight,enjoy the book. Fans who read,retain for investment are about to have a crash course in comic stupidity 101,what we call the Dash for a few extra bucks at the expense of the market...

After speaking to man I have know for 29 years,whom has collected books since 1972 and has had a shop in 1 form or another since 1991, I was fully confirmed in my views on this particular issue. As we talked, he laughed and pointed at his auction sign. It was for a book he called ComicXology variant that was sent to him for offering digital DLs of WD 100
"It's at 425.00 and doesn't end till Saturday at midnight, people are just crazy for these WD variants. I almost feel sorry for people who have pre-ordered 10 copies for an investment on the regular issue." was what he told me when we were chatting yesterday.
We both got a chuckle out of the new genre of collector who didn't see the comic debacle back in 1992-1994
"There are 15 variants, people are offering silly money just to get 1 so I ordered 400 copies. Just have to move those normal issues fast...want a few ?"
He, like others I have recently learned, are going to offer a half-off sale to "celebrate" the release of the 100th issue.
"Recoup ASAP is my goal ! This single book has too much potential to assassinate the influx of people buying to invest that I have seen come through the doors over the last 2 years"
We joked around a bit more. But I was thinking that being right isn't a good thing in this situation,but a depressing one as Image will not stop here and it's sales for this single issue will motivate DC and Marvel to find a way to top it, much like in the 90's, and start the whole pile of #@#@#@#@ all over again.

As I was leaving, I heard a mutter "You still want all of these Chew titles"...with a smile, I said "Yes" and walked back in so maybe everything isn't all bad
Old 07-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

i'll have some comic con variant 100s

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

You collect TPBs so sell sell sell :P
Ride that iron ebay style as fast as you get home ;P
Old 07-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

dude, i'm going to list a #@#@#@#@-ton of stuff while i'm at the con. 24 hour auctions.

or should i do a high BIN BO on stuff?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've been sellling issues 95-99 like hotcakes for the past couple days. The stuff is on fire.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I've been sellling issues 95-99 like hotcakes for the past couple days. The stuff is on fire.
Really? Last I checked Midtown they still had 97-99 readily available.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Why would you feel sorry for somebody who ordered 10 copies of the book? They're out $30 if it tanks.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

It's a weird hobby, that's for sure. I didn't say I was selling them for crazy money, but the series is picking up more fans each day, and the books are moving and I'm making a tiny bit per book. As long as it sells for a little more than I paid, or as much, then I'm content. I hate losing money, but it happens. I just try and keep that to a minimum and only buy stuff I enjoy that way I don't feel as bad about it sitting around
Old 07-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
dude, i'm going to list a #@#@#@#@-ton of stuff while i'm at the con. 24 hour auctions.

or should i do a high BIN BO on stuff?

BIN/BO with inflated pricing, knowing that the 2nd one that sells will be cheaper than the 1st one that sells and so on till a medium is reached,so get it up fast
Old 07-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
BIN/BO with inflated pricing, knowing that the 2nd one that sells will be cheaper than the 1st one that sells and so on till a medium is reached,so get it up fast
Couldn't agree more, BIN/BO is the way to go
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote