Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Got my Marvel Spotlight #5 graded - 1st Ghost Rider

I know I mentioned this in another thread before, but I finally got the book back from CGC yesterday (dropped it off at Wizard World Philly last month). I would have been happy with a 7.0, so at a 7.5 I'm a little happier.

This is my first time dealing with a graded book. Is it normal for it to look like there's an oil slick in the plastic case? When you hold it at a certain angle it's noticeable.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

yes the "slick" look is very normal. Nice book!
ldsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Killer book! I've owned GR #1 but never the spotlight. It's on my "to get" list though, so I am now officially jealous. - Excellent book to grade and nice grade! It's tough getting 7.0's on a lot of that stuff so a 7.5 is BONUS!!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsports View Post
yes the "slick" look is very normal. Nice book!
Cool, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Killer book! I've owned GR #1 but never the spotlight. It's on my "to get" list though, so I am now officially jealous. - Excellent book to grade and nice grade! It's tough getting 7.0's on a lot of that stuff so a 7.5 is BONUS!!
I think I have MS #6 and #7 somewhere too. A long time ago my Uncle was unloading a bunch of old books at a yard sale and he let me and my cousin pick through them before he put them out. I grabbed these and a few old X-Men and Batman.

This story was about 20 years ago, and I'm not kidding, he sold everything at COVER PRICE just to get rid of them. Naturally one guy bought them all, and I think it's pretty safe to say he walked away with easily more than $1,000 worth of comics for like $20 - I remember there being a lot of Iron Man. I can still remember the guy trying to give him more and he wouldn't take it.

But no worries, he still has X-Men #1, Spider-Man #2...
Old 07-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I know I mentioned this in another thread before, but I finally got the book back from CGC yesterday (dropped it off at Wizard World Philly last month). I would have been happy with a 7.0, so at a 7.5 I'm a little happier.

This is my first time dealing with a graded book. Is it normal for it to look like there's an oil slick in the plastic case? When you hold it at a certain angle it's noticeable.
NICE BOOK!

Don't worry about the case. It's specifically designed and tested to hold your book in place and to make sure the gasses give off by your comic won't continually degraded the pages. It's much safer in there than in a regular plastic bag and board (with the exception of Mylar bags and full backs boards)
newbie is offline   Reply With Quote