Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ebay pick-up

Input ?

Chew #1 (2nd print) and 1st prints of issues 2-18+27 (missing #s 8 and 13) VF-NM | eBay

I THINK it was a no brainer.
The down side is the whole VF-NM deal covering all issues
Says #1 2nd is VF, if rest are NM,then it was a no brainer,but it several from 2-10 are VF....maybe not so much.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

I was not sure. I mean, I have an uncanny ability to see patterns. People teased me in WOW as I was able to max my gold out by year 2 and on 4 accounts by year 3.
I was able to spend 1000.00 on Chrome and turn it into 6k+ 2 years in a row.

So my mind screamed BUY when I passed over it. I went back, I know the drill,if you can;t trust yourself theres no point in telling other people what to do,make suggestions o even have an opinion...so I pulled the trigger.
48 hours later

Chew #1-18 complete run lot Image comics walking dead thief thieves tv show | eBay

I think the Poyo is driving the demand up and therefore the prices up
HOWEVER...whomever buys that is going to be a bit pissed off as that is a 4th print #1 not 2nd. Were of a mind to sell I am fairly confident a 225.00 BIN would sell with the current market push.
I am also noticing odd-ball movement on issues that can be had readily for 2.00/ea on various online comic stores, selling for 3.50-5.00/ea in 5-10 issue lots
I think I made the right choice,picking Chew as my staple for moving back into books.

Now,the hard part,since I am having fun,the urge to sell is non-existent Now I have to be wary that I will miss the ledge and go tumbling into the abyss haha

Then again,with more talks at SDCC about showtime from Image ,concerning Chew, I feel that to try and flip now would be premature, even if it were at a profit.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think you did great! Being lucky enough to have about 5 LCBS within 35 miles of home, I'm able to check on a lot of different places. I've wiped 2 clean of Chew...I did leave a #27 behind. If you'd like I can pick it up.

Also, I'm going to see Dark Knight Rises Sunday in the city about 30 miles away. There are I think 3 shops within 15 miles of the theatre. I don't get out there much so I'll check them out for you for Chew and going to look for back issues of WD for myself. The other 2 I frequent 1 is within a mile of my work and the other about 7 miles from my house so I've cleaned them out as I visit them a lot more.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for that
I am good on both prints of 27 lol
2,3,4,12,22 are the one's I am still light one.
That shop in Atlanta said they have 3 of each of the #12 prints, cover price,3 copies of 12 but none of 22,but would check inventory for me tomorrow to make sure.

per WD< I would LOVE to help you there but the 2 shops within driving distance are well over ebay on the prices. If you post your WD and expected prices I can check with the people in Atlanta when they call me tomorrow
Old 07-16-2012, 10:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Spoke to the seller of the run on ebay. Said she used a 4th printing image she found on the web. Confusing response to say the least,but assured me it IS a 2nd printing.

If you do a book breakdown on sales for the last 8 days

1 2nd 40.00
2 1st 42.00
3 1st 19.00
4 1st 18.00
5-10 62.00
11-19 48.00

So it's below market as it sits

BTW
The lot I picked up,the guy found his 8 and 13 and tossed them in for another 5.00, so 130 dlvd for 1-18 w/a 27