Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Some prowling, leads up to a possible great title to grab

Marvel Now Point One #1 Variant Skottie Young Baby Cover - Midtown Comics

Midtown has 2 variants for pre-order. Myself, 5 Skottie Variants

The premise of this book is a teaser for events to happen next year in Marvel books
1 character is mentioned, not someone I particular care about,but Nick Fury Jr
HOWEVER, if sed persona makes it into the new Avengers Movie...well

ANYWAY
Article here

Nick Fury, Jr. Brings Ant Man to "Marvel NOW! Point One" - Comic Book Resources

Nova,Antman and Cable so far...guess these Cable #1's may be worth more than .33/ea soon....I doubt it :P

But I do think the other 2 being unveiled could cause these books to dry up if they are good picks and the story itself could do a lot for the book

Anywho, it is all speculation,but thought I would share

I mean, anyone who is into flipping and hasnt seen what the Skottie midtown variants are doing from the 9.99 purchase price at release to 40+ now,well,nothing I can do to help except say do not miss this one. Super Babies are popular ....and I think they look cool :Pshhhhh
Old 08-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Gibberish is right, if this book is a hit, these will become $30-$75 books pretty fast. Get 'em while you can. I'm gonna order a few. Thanks for the heads up Gibberish!!

For example, look was an Avengers vs X-Men #1 Scottie Babies variant CGC 9.8 pulled in ($153)

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 08-20-2012 at 10:12 PM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Gibberish is right, if this book is a hit, these will become $30-$75 books pretty fast. Get 'em while you can. I'm gonna order a few. Thanks for the heads up Gibberish!!

For example, look was an Avengers vs X-Men #1 Scottie Babies variant CGC 9.8 pulled in ($153)
The FUNNY thing about that CGC...you can still buy CGC 9.8's of that book from Midtown for 110.00 with free ship
Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
The FUNNY thing about that CGC...you can still buy CGC 9.8's of that book from Midtown for 110.00 with free ship
Yeah, the entire hobby doesn't always make sense. So many impulse buys. I fall victim to my lack of self control at times too, although I work hard to minimize that.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yay I found a comic book forum that i can view at work.

Anyways I bought about 10 baby variants of AvsX 1 and sold the heck out of em. They were and probably are still hot. Ill be jumping all over these. Thanks for the heads up.
skel1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Another place to snag the Scottie Baby Variant - Get a few now, before it's too late. These could easily be HOT!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Yeah, the entire hobby doesn't always make sense. So many impulse buys. I fall victim to my lack of self control at times too, although I work hard to minimize that.

A lot of people dont realize you can buy comics online if its nit amazon/ebay. They figure lcs is out so the onky way to get it is buy dropping more cash than its worth. Also there are quite a few states without locals every 20 miles everywhere and paying extra is a better option than driving an hour to get that one book you want really bad.

Im just guessing here but i do know that ordering from a place like midtown can be expensive especially if you dont pre order ir order in bulk to get free shipping.

Thirdly a lot of people have more trust in lets say an amazon user with 99% positive feedback than they would from another less.popular online retailer that they have never bought from before. Plus a lot of them dont ship internationally.

Plus try finding a saga #1 on midtown vs amazon
skel1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Im just guessing here but i do know that ordering from a place like midtown can be expensive especially if you dont pre order ir order in bulk to get free shipping.
Don't guess place an order.

They ship VERY securly. I get 10-20 books every few weeks from them and I have never had an issue. It is cheaper for me, period. I save 15-50% on cover price, I pay usually 3.-4.00 in ship So on a book I saved .45 on 10 books after shipping is still a slight savings and NO GAS spent traveling.
I do not buy "Favs". I buy based on my assumptions of what will be popular. I picked up 10 copies of Thief of Thieves 1-6 and have preordered the same on 7 8 9 and 10.
I am set up for 10 copies of each chew and I also have my shipping set up as monthly so when I have 3 titles coming due, they all come at once for 1 shipping cost.

I collect Silver/Golden and I also collect Bronze Sci-Fi/Horror, nothing I can get from Midtown unless I call a store directly.

HOWEVER.....I AM surprised how many stores in major cities do NOT use Ebay or do not have employees on "top" of the market. I picked up 6 copies of Chew #2 in Atlanta and had them shipped to me for 41.00. I sold 2 on ebay for 72 and 78.00 and the other 4 are in with my Run box, 5 of each issue.

People should consider stepping out of their comfort zone and using the ol visa to buy, if you have an issue visa WILL give you your money back and force the retailer to prove he was not the problem and Visa STILL will lean towards you with favor.

People who trust ebay and Amazon are bumpkins who are grabbing a book or 3 out of nostalgia or hype. I have yet to meet a serious collector who did not shop at comic shops online or wasnt willing to get out and beat the pavement to get his wants.

Ebay is a sword, it cuts, it kills and it can do the same to the wielder. I have no doubt most people know this since a Book can be selling for 100.00 and yours end up getting 35.00 and then again,those deals were you snipe a 50.00 book for 10.00 are jsut as plentiful....its just a funny market place and not one i really on for anything other than sniping vintage
Old 08-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

Check out these new Skottie Baby covers for the Marvel Now titles
Old 08-25-2012, 02:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Well crap
That negates everything I said now