Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default More speculation

There is a newer character gaining popularity for DC fans
name is Talon...looks a bit Ghey to me even for DC
1st appearance is Batman (New52) #2
The Talon #1 Comes out on 10/24 and can be gotten on midtown as a preorder...and oddly enough so can number 2

There are a new series of badguys being introduced in Talon #2,with it being a batman cross-over character,chances are any "real" bad-ass may end up making his way into batman as well, promoting a dash for the badguys 1st app

Just thought I would mention it as a possible 5 copy investment for under 10.00

BTW
AVOID any of that (Insert marvel character name here) NOW!, for investments ,Comics.....looks like potentially good stories but the "meat" of the #1's looks like crap.....Old Xmen meet new xmen while being teleported into the future.....screw continuity,lets make this crap up as we go and hope for sales !

Yes, IMO,AVOID
Old 08-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the heads up. Ill be picking up batman #2 just in case. Although Im not sure what your last paragraph means.

Anyways just some other stuff to think about

Think Tank #1 SDCC can be pre ordered. This series has done pretty well. The first prints are sold out around here and as well as midtown.

Superman 12 variants are still available. This is the first issue they introduce supermans new love interest, wonder woman. Not sure if this one will get hot. Probably not but im picking up a few anyways.
skel1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Last paragraph means Marvel is running out of ideas and is taking heroes and rehashing old content IMO

I mean, how valuable will be a reprint of Xmen 94 with a twist ?
That is basically what Xmen NOW! is. 1st group of Xmen VS the modern day Xmen
Captain America NOW! Cap is teleported to a universe where he has no USA to fight for WHAT WILL CAP DO!...it just all sounds like crap to me
Old 08-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Spider-man 692 first apperance of alpha spider-man's new sidekick.. could be a sleeper.. variant covers are quite nice as well..
Muaythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Ill be picking up batman #2 just in case. Although Im not sure what your last paragraph means.

Anyways just some other stuff to think about

Think Tank #1 SDCC can be pre ordered. This series has done pretty well. The first prints are sold out around here and as well as midtown.

Superman 12 variants are still available. This is the first issue they introduce supermans new love interest, wonder woman. Not sure if this one will get hot. Probably not but im picking up a few anyways.
is think tank ongoing...
Old 08-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muaythai View Post
Spider-man 692 first apperance of alpha spider-man's new sidekick.. could be a sleeper.. variant covers are quite nice as well..
Yeah, I was gonna pick it up, but my shop didn't get any of the variants. From what I've read, retailers had to order 150% of the previous issue to qualify for the variants, so a lot of stores didn't get any. That's what happened to my store. I went ahead an ordered a couple off MidTown. The Red one is already sold out. The fact that a new character makes his 1st appearance in this book might be what's driving up interest, as well as the Variants look pretty cool.

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 08-25-2012 at 01:29 AM.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Yeah, I was gonna pick it up, but my shop didn't get any of the variants. From what I've read, retailers had to order 150% of the previous issue to qualify for the variants, so a lot of stores didn't get any. That's what happened to my store. I went ahead an ordered a couple off MidTown. The Red one is already sold out. The fact that a new character makes his 1st appearance in this book might be what's driving up interest, as well as the Variants look pretty cool.
The red issue was the only one I decided to pick up in store because I had a feeling it was going to be the best selling, and also it was the cover that I most liked. I also bought a fan expo Campbell variant off ebay, which is limited to 1000 copies. Campbell is my favorite artist in the business and this cover is one of my favorites by him.
acjcrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

think tank is ongoing.. just to let you guys know.. the red issue was a nice cover.. All of them are nice covers though.. selling for a pretty penny at auction know.. give it time the online outlets will be sold out of these soon enough.. not alot of local shops have these as well.. I'm glad everyone gave the book a try.. will be a good one to flip in the future.. Plus I think were gonan hear about his new side kick for a very long time.. maybe turn into another "night wing"

Last edited by Muaythai; 08-25-2012 at 11:12 PM.