Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,308
Default Comic Contest Time-CANCELLED DUE TO CUJOBYTE

Update...i've had enough of the idiot member(s) on here...i try to do something nice as in giving away a free $150++++ comic for free
and then some idiot on here pisses me off so much i'm pulling the contest.

Sorry to everyone who has posted on here...i really appreciate your responses but enough is enough....the member that pissed me off is cujobyte...he has very shady business tactics and because this one member pissed me off i do not want to give anything to any member on here, especially a comic that will be worth hundreds of dollars!

Sorry if this upsets other members but when i'm pissed off (which doesn't happen often) you go on my sh!t list...

All I wanted to do is bring this comic community close but cujobyte is ruining it...he talks sh!t about other members in pm's to me and then he pulls this crap.

Contest is off...please do not post anymore in this thread
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/

Last edited by John91C; 10-02-2012 at 06:16 PM.
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 477
Default

You're a good man for this one! I'll sub my favorite soon.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Clarka3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,179
Default

big fan of Layman. Some writers just irk me, but he's not one of em.



i don't collect tons of comics though (and do my TWD through trade paperback format and lent them all to a neighbor at the moment). I'm sure others will have better entries

yes, my original image with my stupid painted thumb nail at SDCC.
__________________
THE Luke Kuechly Super Collector
pending: w8lifter28 (customs)

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 913
Default

Always loved the the infinity gauntlet books it brings back memories for me as a kid and was one big reason I started collecting. I think Perez did a good job on this book, and starlin did an excellent job keeping the reader wanting more.
scarface1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
mb209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface1346 View Post
Always loved the the infinity gauntlet books it brings back memories for me as a kid and was one big reason I started collecting. I think Perez did a good job on this book, and starlin did an excellent job keeping the reader wanting more.
Wow. That was the book/series I was going to post. Seeing Thanos at the end of avengers sparked my comic collecting. This was the one series I also remember the most when I was a kid. Nice choice.
mb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb209 View Post
Wow. That was the book/series I was going to post. Seeing Thanos at the end of avengers sparked my comic collecting. This was the one series I also remember the most when I was a kid. Nice choice.
You can still post it...even if there's repeat titles it's alright! I just want to see what everyone loved reading!
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 6,631
Default

6) NO NEW MEMBERS MAY ENTER CONTEST (I.E. ONLY COMING ON BLOWOUT TO WIN THIS CONTEST) SO YOU HAVE TO HAVE BEEN A MEMBER ON BLOWOUT AS OF SEPT 2012. AS LONG AS THE JOIN DATE SHOWS SEPT 2012 YOU ARE ELIGIBLE.

You lost me there John

I mean, it is September and it is 2012 so a person could sign up to enter....
__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 477
Default

When I joined BO it seemed like it took something like 2 months to be approved by the administrators.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 6,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuhn23 View Post
When I joined BO it seemed like it took something like 2 months to be approved by the administrators.
Mine took about 2 hours. I think they just take forever to check the mail sometimes
__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
6) NO NEW MEMBERS MAY ENTER CONTEST (I.E. ONLY COMING ON BLOWOUT TO WIN THIS CONTEST) SO YOU HAVE TO HAVE BEEN A MEMBER ON BLOWOUT AS OF SEPT 2012. AS LONG AS THE JOIN DATE SHOWS SEPT 2012 YOU ARE ELIGIBLE.

You lost me there John

I mean, it is September and it is 2012 so a person could sign up to enter....
Okay then I'll make it August 2012...I figured if someone joined today then it would take 3 days to get approved (since it's the weekend) and Monday being Oct 1st would be their join date...but I'll make it easier on everyone. When I joined it took 3 days to get approved...so I just "assumed" it would take that long! Guess I thought about it too much!
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 913
Default

Thanks mb209 this book just brings back so many child hood memories. It was a nobrainer for me. And see thanos on the big screen it dosent get any better imho.
scarface1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface1346 View Post
Thanks mb209 this book just brings back so many child hood memories. It was a nobrainer for me. And see thanos on the big screen it dosent get any better imho.
Gotta love seeing how they will do Thanos! I also remember the Gauntlet series but never really got into it! I might have to pick up the TPB's to see what it's all about!
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 913
Default

You should definitely pick up a copy now as they will go up in price when the new avengers movie gets nearer. Im sure you will enjoy it.
scarface1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
mmbtvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,551
Default

I walked into a comic book store named the Paperback Trader over 20 years ago, and I saw this on the rack. I was already a Lobo fan, and this put it completely over the top for me. It is my favorite story I have read still to this day.

mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 913
Default

What ever happend to the lobo movie i was looking forward to that.
scarface1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I walked into a comic book store named the Paperback Trader over 20 years ago, and I saw this on the rack. I was already a Lobo fan, and this put it completely over the top for me. It is my favorite story I have read still to this day.

I remember that issue...I think I still have it in one of my long boxes!
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
mb209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Gotta love seeing how they will do Thanos! I also remember the Gauntlet series but never really got into it! I might have to pick up the TPB's to see what it's all about!
They have the tpb and hardcover of the series at barnes & noble if you wanna just read it lol.
mb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 6,631
Default

Well I hope this is fun and thanks for it John.
__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Well I hope this is fun and thanks for it John.
I hope so as well...I hope this helps people read some new series and get to know some old ones!
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
ilovethelakings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Mexico
Posts: 14,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Gotta love seeing how they will do Thanos! I also remember the Gauntlet series but never really got into it! I might have to pick up the TPB's to see what it's all about!
Gauntlet had to be one of the best series I've ever read. Issue #1's cover is one of my all-time favorites. Pick up the TPB, enjoy it, and thank everybody who has recommended it later I've got to go through my comic closet and get my entry in. This is a great contest
__________________
Looking for A&G sized minis and Topps Olympic relics, pins, etc. for my daughter and refractors for my son
Personal GU's Favs: Kings, Angels, Broncos, Packers, Steelers, international teams
Don't drink and break. It's the law.
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Gauntlet had to be one of the best series I've ever read. Issue #1's cover is one of my all-time favorites. Pick up the TPB, enjoy it, and thank everybody who has recommended it later I've got to go through my comic closet and get my entry in. This is a great contest
Just ordered the TPB from amazon See this thread is already helping out!
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 2,572
Default

..........

Last edited by Cujobyte; 10-02-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
mb209's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 434
Default

Since Infinity Gauntlet was already shared, here's my other reason I got into collecting comics. I pretty much started in June of this year. After watching season 2 of Walking Dead and seeing Thanos at the end of Avengers, my interest in comics just started to sky rocket. I had quite a large collection when I was a kid that I ended up trading in at a LCS before moving. Didn't have the space for all of them after a state to state move I guess.

Back to the whole Walking Dead story, I wanted to get more detail on the characters after finishing the 2 seasons on tv. My dad was also a fan before me and he was the one who got me to sit down and watch the show. At first I was just buying random stuff with no idea what was good but after doing a lot of research I was able to find a few forums where I learned quite a bit. I'm thankful for being able to find them and meet a lot of other people who share the same love and interest in comics. They've also been very helpful to my noobness .
mb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb209 View Post
Since Infinity Gauntlet was already shared, here's my other reason I got into collecting comics. I pretty much started in June of this year. After watching season 2 of Walking Dead and seeing Thanos at the end of Avengers, my interest in comics just started to sky rocket. I had quite a large collection when I was a kid that I ended up trading in at a LCS before moving. Didn't have the space for all of them after a state to state move I guess.

Back to the whole Walking Dead story, I wanted to get more detail on the characters after finishing the 2 seasons on tv. My dad was also a fan before me and he was the one who got me to sit down and watch the show. At first I was just buying random stuff with no idea what was good but after doing a lot of research I was able to find a few forums where I learned quite a bit. I'm thankful for being able to find them and meet a lot of other people who share the same love and interest in comics. They've also been very helpful to my noobness .
Nice choice I love the walking dead .
scarface1346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 935
Default

This was a REALLY hard for me to pick because I have 2 series that I LOVE!

Runner up is: Battle Chasers - (I have picked up all printings and have multi copies of each issues - just picked up an auto copy of the chrome cover to #2 - working on #1)


Anyway, my FAVORITE series of all time (I still read this series all of the time - probley on my 50+ read through) is:
THE ADVENTURERS issues 0-10 with art by Peter Hsu!

This had a first (I believe this was one of the first varient covers to be released)




I loved this series from the beginning (1986 it was released, I was 14. I loved X-men, Power Pack and Spiderman at the time, BUT when I first read this black and white comic along with the amazing art and D&D like feel - I was hooked!!!! I saved my allowance for months to buy the book above from Americain Entertainment for $60!!!!!)

The only way I was able to get these books was to place a monthly order with Americain to get them. In Maine, not many Comic book shops.

Here is the other cover to #1 and the second printing as well!


Here is the complete run, Issues 0, 1 (reg), 1 (Limited), 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10





I really enjoy this series and since I took the books out to take pics - I think I will read it again.

Thanks for the amazing contest!


Jaime
__________________
Trading for Red Sox cards. David Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia.
Also collect: Alshon Jeffery and Melvin Ingram
** GO SOX!!!! **
** GO GAMECOCKS!!!! **
Jgil316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.