Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,952
Default HOT: Catwoman #13 - Batman: Death in the Family

Release Date: 10/17/12
Retail Price: $2.99

August 2012 Sales Numbers:
Batman #12: 125,249
Batgirl #12: 43,804
Catwoman #12: 34,117

As you visit your comic shops tommorow, I'm thinking Catwoman will be harder to find in shops than Batgirl #13 was. If you see it, grab it.

Already selling on Ebay for $12 a pop

__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Pacerjones20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,161
Default

i hope i don't regret holding on to these to sell as a series
__________________
Collecting:Current Pacers, Comics
Pacers 32-7
Pacerjones20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 249
Default

Only place I could find them last week for pre-order was Forbidden Planet...I order a handful and got an email this AM cancelling them. Saying it is extremely short print, and they are out of them. Sorry.
jcaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcaleo View Post
Only place I could find them last week for pre-order was Forbidden Planet...I order a handful and got an email this AM cancelling them. Saying it is extremely short print, and they are out of them. Sorry.
Thanks. Now I know never to order from them as they are either:

a. lying and are gonna relist them at $14.99+ later today (Happened to me too with a different retailer this wee)
b. Allowing ordering for product they don't actually have (which is also bad and undependable as a source)

The source that did that to me this week is Dee Puppy comics here in Indy. I had never ordered from them before, thought I'd give them a shot. I pre-ordered 5 Catwoman at $2.99 last week. Monday they email me and say they're backordered and won't be here until November. I said just cancel the order then. They cancel it, refund my money, and when I revisit their site, I see them relisted at $14.99 - I emailed and asked if they are a retailer or not, and at $14.99 are they now magically in stock? I've yet to get an answer. Anyway due to their shady business practice I will never order from them again either.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 249
Default

Yeah...real shady!!

I have 2 outstanding orders w/ them Bedlam Variant and Happy Variant. That is the last business I do with them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Thanks. Now I know never to order from them as they are either:

a. lying and are gonna relist them at $14.99+ later today (Happened to me too with a different retailer this wee)
b. Allowing ordering for product they don't actually have (which is also bad and undependable as a source)

The source that did that to me this week is Dee Puppy comics here in Indy. I had never ordered from them before, thought I'd give them a shot. I pre-ordered 5 Catwoman at $2.99 last week. Monday they email me and say they're backordered and won't be here until November. I said just cancel the order then. They cancel it, refund my money, and when I revisit their site, I see them relisted at $14.99 - I emailed and asked if they are a retailer or not, and at $14.99 are they now magically in stock? I've yet to get an answer. Anyway due to their shady business practice I will never order from them again either.
jcaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 230
Default

Is that the dee puppy I see selling on amazon. If so I have some things I was interested in they have for sale but not anymore after hearing what you guys have to say.
Scrogg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrogg27 View Post
Is that the dee puppy I see selling on amazon. If so I have some things I was interested in they have for sale but not anymore after hearing what you guys have to say.
Yep, same guy.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 230
Default

One shop down, 10 for cover price. Plus some red hood
Scrogg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,952
Default

My shop had about 10 of these, but limited us to 1 copy per person. There was actually a 40 year old many throwing a massive hissy-fit because the owner wouldn't let him buy them all at cover price. Literally yelling at the guy, threatening to never shop there again, he sucks, etc.. All this over a what? 8-15 dollar profit per book?! It's his store, he can sell them however he wants, I never argue with the guy about it.. The man yelling and screaming just looked foolish IMHO..

Anyway, I got 1. Just finished reading it. The Joker isn't really in it, although there's one creeepy dude in the background at the chess center who might have been him, in fact, I think it was, but it's not specifically stated, but that grin.. you just know it's him.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
aggies1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,974
Default

i put two of mine up for one day auction starting at 2.99 with free shipping we will see what happens lol
Catwoman 13 Death of The Family Series DC Comic Joker Flip Cover | eBay
Catwoman 13 Death of The Family Series DC Comic Joker Flip Cover | eBay
__________________
SHSU Class 16' - Go Bearkats!
aggies1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggies1960 View Post
i put two of mine up for one day auction starting at 2.99 with free shipping we will see what happens lol
Catwoman 13 Death of The Family Series DC Comic Joker Flip Cover | eBay
Catwoman 13 Death of The Family Series DC Comic Joker Flip Cover | eBay
Current bid: US $15.50! HOLY BAT FARTS BATMAN!! 5 x Cover Price already. I don't see these being long term high sales like this. I do think they'll hold value, but not the insane value like we're seeing right now, so if you've got 'em.. list 'em if you're looking to maximize any return. I'm hoping to build sets as I think entire runs of this series will also sell extremely well.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh

Last edited by IndySportsCards; 10-17-2012 at 11:11 PM.
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Gibberish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 6,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
My shop had about 10 of these, but limited us to 1 copy per person. There was actually a 40 year old many throwing a massive hissy-fit because the owner wouldn't let him buy them all at cover price. Literally yelling at the guy, threatening to never shop there again, he sucks, etc.. All this over a what? 8-15 dollar profit per book?! It's his store, he can sell them however he wants, I never argue with the guy about it.. The man yelling and screaming just looked foolish IMHO..

Anyway, I got 1. Just finished reading it. The Joker isn't really in it, although there's one creeepy dude in the background at the chess center who might have been him, in fact, I think it was, but it's not specifically stated, but that grin.. you just know it's him.

Hold on now....40 ain;t old...
I can get into a pissing contest over something if I feel it is unfair or biased just a quick as the next guy who's 15
Now, I wouldn;t yell and scream over a book..and TBH, if he said 1 per customer I could care less,but don;t make it a "He's 40, so childish for being mad" thing, simply a man was actlng like a child will do and save us "older" people's feelings :P
__________________
I Collect Marbles,Amazing Spider-man comics and tears! Mr. Sensitivity at your service
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Hold on now....40 ain;t old...
I can get into a pissing contest over something if I feel it is unfair or biased just a quick as the next guy who's 15
Now, I wouldn;t yell and scream over a book..and TBH, if he said 1 per customer I could care less,but don;t make it a "He's 40, so childish for being mad" thing, simply a man was actlng like a child will do and save us "older" people's feelings :P
Well, I guess compared to the teenager he was yelling at behind the counter, he was the elder in the situation. I agree, I'm north of 40 myself, and act nothing like an "old man"
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacerjones20 View Post
i hope i don't regret holding on to these to sell as a series
When all is said and done I would be interested in buying your run
projekt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 489
Default

Went to my shop today as I didn't get the chance yesterday. All out of CW and BG #13. Picked up a Batman 13 and Michonne special as well. They had tons of the WD #103 variant but I didn't grab any.
mhuhn23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.