Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Comics

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS OTHER HOBBY TALK > ComicBookJunkie

ComicBookJunkie Post your comic hobby talk here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,578
Default mcfarlane art on pawn stars

i looked it up on youtube and couldnt find the video. but i just seen a episode recently where a guy brought in a piece of original art in from a spiderman issue penciled by todd mcfarlane . im not sure but i think it was a page form issue one .


they offered him 100 for it ? they went on and on about how it may just sit in the shop for a while , they werent sure if there was a market for it etc.etc.

100 bucks ? are you kidding me ? im guessing they have no idea who todd mcfarlane is ............ they could sell that easily .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rocklin, Ca
Posts: 2,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
i looked it up on youtube and couldnt find the video. but i just seen a episode recently where a guy brought in a piece of original art in from a spiderman issue penciled by todd mcfarlane . im not sure but i think it was a page form issue one .


they offered him 100 for it ? they went on and on about how it may just sit in the shop for a while , they werent sure if there was a market for it etc.etc.

100 bucks ? are you kidding me ? im guessing they have no idea who todd mcfarlane is ............ they could sell that easily .
They actually offered the guy $1000.00 dollars for it.
purejd86p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
John91C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Washington State
Posts: 4,311
Default

Didn't the OA cover to #1 sell for 6 figures?
__________________
Photobucket (not always up to date): http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t199/John91C/
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
Didn't the OA cover to #1 sell for 6 figures?
Yep! The original cover art for 1990′s Spider-Man #1 by Todd McFarlane has just sold for $358,500 (July 2012). It is the third highest price ever paid for a piece of American comic book art in a public sale. The record was set in May 2011 by the iconic splash page of Batman and Robin from The Dark Knight Returns #3, penciled by Frank Miller and inked by Klaus Janson, which sold for $448,125. The Frank Frazetta cover of EC title Weird Fantasy #29 sold for $380,000 in 2010.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purejd86p View Post
They actually offered the guy $1000.00 dollars for it.
are you sure ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Those guys are not collectors, nor are they your friends. They're going to low ball the Shizzle out of you and laugh while they do it. It's up to the seller to know what he has before going in there, otherwise it's like you've covered yourself in a meat suit and walked into a lions den.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.